Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Utah***

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Dad and I will be there....first time in Utah...will have to bite the bullet and go the Stubhub route for tix

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I have a friend who played at UTEP many decades ago when both they and Utah were in the old WAC and he played in games at Utah twice. He says the altitude definitely makes a difference and you suck down a lot of oxygen when you’re on the sidelines.

I wonder if CBN will try and get them there earlier in the week.

Altitude will also impact hydration. I hope we don't have issues with cramps.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’m sure Napier will take them out there on the weekend prior since the game is Thursday.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Wife and I are going and I have the same ticket connection as NV. Have never been to Utah and are doing Zion before the game.
Made my first trip to SLC about a year or so ago. If UF wasn’t playing a game there, I’m not sure I’d make a second trip. We did happen onto some good restaurants. In the downtown area The Copper Onion is excellent and we found a good brew pub called Squatters. If you have a car or want to ride the tram, The Red Iguana was as good a Mexican place as I’ve been to. The Mole sauces are their specialty and they are pretty damn good. Two things, tho; make a reservation and the neighborhood looked a bit sketch. Reservations would probably be a good idea at the Copper Onion as well. On the off chance you stay through Sunday, the brunch at the Grand America Hotel, while pricey, is supposed to be amazing.

Safe travels!

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
I can't wait ! I will be there in the North Endzone. My 1st time back since 04, then Gators lured everyone’s fav, Urban.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Wife and I are going and I have the same ticket connection as NV. Have never been to Utah and are doing Zion before the game.

We are doing Bryce and Zion after. The wife impacted that Friday being a teacher work day for her charter school calendar to not waste some vacation time, lol

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What was top of mind for Utah coach Kyle Whittingham as the Utes opened fall camp on Monday? Asked what the biggest focus during fall camp outside of quarterback is, Whittingham answered “quarterback.” “I can’t think of anything close to that right now,” he said.

“He’s practicing but he’ll have limitations. That’ll pretty much be the report for at least a couple weeks — practicing with limitations,” Whittingham said on Monday.

In spring camp, redshirt freshman Rose separated himself from the other contenders — Nate Johnson and Bryson Barnes. “They’re all picking up where they left off in spring. Brandon came out of spring slightly ahead of the other guys,” Whittingham said.

Cameron Rising’s health, backup QB battle top of mind for Kyle Whittingham as Utah opens fall camp

Here is Brandon Rose's recruiting profile (3 star on every site, low level P5 offers. Decent, not exceptional size) - Brandon Rose, 2022 Pro Style Quarterback, Utah
The backup is a drop back passer.

YAY!!!

Hopefully he has Kyle Trask speed.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
UF's offense will be better.
Armstrong's Defense will be far far better. And they're going to see something they didn't witness last year.
UF 31-17
1690940345154.gif

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
UF's offense will be better.
Armstrong's Defense will be far far better. And they're going to see something they didn't witness last year.
UF 31-17
View attachment 60197

Armstrong has discovered his special purpose.
steve martin publicity GIF

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think the pressure is clearly on them. They’ve spent the past year thinking and hearing about how a Pac12 champ with so much success elsewhere could’ve lost that game in Gainesville to such a blah team. No doubt a part of them feels they blew it. But there’s no question that the players themselves also lived and felt that loss first hand, meaning there’s also a measure of wonder if even that bad UF team was actually still better, and more athletic than they are. If we can play well early, get some stops and take a lead, I think the mental side of that will fall in our favor. It would confirm their fears and there’d simply be nothing to indicate the finish will be any different than the last.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Everyone in the program is saying all the right things, as they do every year.

Our front 7 is clearly bigger, deeper and more experienced than last year. That helps the DBs a ton.

I think it all rides on how well our OL comes together. Utah has a solid defense. I’m buying in.

34-23 Gators

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone in the program is saying all the right things, as they do every year.

Our front 7 is clearly bigger, deeper and more experienced than last year. That helps the DBs a ton.

I think it all rides on how well our OL comes together. Utah has a solid defense. I’m buying in.

34-23 Gators
I tend to agree that the OL is an extremely important piece to our success this season. Lot of talent yet a lot of turnover on the line. We have to be able to run the ball to keep the passing game effective. I'm certainly not worried about our RB's, with one of the best 1-2 punches in the country back there.

At Wisconsin, Mertz was used to passing only on 3rd and long. I sure as hell hope we don't do that to him here.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
I might make it out there. I have a ticket to the Rocky Mountain Men"s Summit in Frasier, CO that starts around 5 PM on Friday. Could Drive to SLC Thursday, attend the game, find a place to camp that night and be in Frasier in plenty of time for the weekend retreat. Really depends on work.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm hoping for a win but I have no idea how this team will play in a road game against a good team at altitude.

I'd be happy with a 17 - 14 win.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I tend to agree that the OL is an extremely important piece to our success this season. Lot of talent yet a lot of turnover on the line. We have to be able to run the ball to keep the passing game effective.
How our line comes together will be a serious factor, but our size advantage could also help. Their projected starters across the line are listed at 247, 304, 330, and 258. While their DT's are good size, those are grantham esque DEs. The LB's are decent size 227, 236, and 219.

For comparison though, our projected OL is 305, 337 or 325, 302, 310, 361 or 370. Our TEs are all 240 lbs plus (except Zipperer who I don't think is going to be playing).

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
How our line comes together will be a serious factor, but our size advantage could also help. Their projected starters across the line are listed at 247, 304, 330, and 258. While their DT's are good size, those are grantham esque DEs. The LB's are decent size 227, 236, and 219.

For comparison though, our projected OL is 305, 337 or 325, 302, 310, 361 or 370. Our TEs are all 240 lbs plus (except Zipperer who I don't think is going to be playing).
Yes, frankly our Gators should be pushing their pissant DL around like rag dolls.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
I might make it out there. I have a ticket to the Rocky Mountain Men"s Summit in Frasier, CO that starts around 5 PM on Friday. Could Drive to SLC Thursday, attend the game, find a place to camp that night and be in Frasier in plenty of time for the weekend retreat. Really depends on work.
Well, turns out, I had the wrong week. Thought the game was on the 24th.

On the 31st, I will be in The Route National Forest getting set up for archery bear and elk. I might be able to sneak over since my season doesn't actually open until the 2nd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator