Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Vanderbilt*** ETN likely out

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Gators win, I'm talking the over. No sarcasm, these guys are gonna be fired up after last weeks debacle.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly if Gameday wanted to come for one of our games I have a feeling Napier’s reaction would be

IMG_7777.gif

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
You need to change your tagline from "cautiously optimistic" to "wildly upbeat."
I wasn't big on the BN hire, got mind camped a couple of times, and don't think it was a great hire, but he's ours now.
I took the over last week too and hit it. Just need points.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
If Florida has a losing season this year it will be the first time the same Gator coach has had back to back losing seasons since the 1946 - 1947 seasons. Raymond Wolf was the coach then. His name has been largely forgotten. This is 2023.

Last edited:

gat0rjay

Sep 7, 2014
The Swamp has never been "electric" for Vandy and never will be. I was at the game in 2009 (and that was an undefeated #1 Gators team), and it was like a funeral.
Well, back in '05 it got pretty electric at the very end. Granted, at least 50% of the stadium had cleared out when we were up by 14 with only a few minutes left in the game. But then Vandy scored 2 TDs in the final 2 minutes and sent it to OT.

The stadium was as rocking as ever in that OT. I remember then my suspicions being confirmed that <50% of the crowd makes ALL the noise. Probably more so nowadays since all the students only wiggle their fingers and hum up into the great void of nothing above the stadium (vs cupping their hands and directing their voices to the field). Even for how highly academics are ranked these days, I guess the basics of physics still elude the general student body...

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If Florida has a losing season this year it will be the first time the same Gator coach has had back to back losing seasons since the 1946 - 1947 seasons. Raymond Wolfe was the coach then. His name has been largely forgotten. This is 2023.
Bear Wolfe. My late uncle always called him “more of a useless son of a bitch than the other one”

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
If Florida has a losing season this year it will be the first time the same Gator coach has had back to back losing seasons since the 1946 - 1947 seasons. Raymond Wolfe was the coach then. His name has been largely forgotten. This is 2023.

I think it was around that period when the last time we had 3 consecutive losing seasons as well.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I think it was around that period when the last time we had 3 consecutive losing seasons as well.

It's known as the "Golden Era" of Florida football. Lots of great Gators from those times.

Last edited:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
don't want Vandy to pull our pants down and bend us over on TV....

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I will be there live, and I will bring the...

boom GIF

and the

taylor swift suck it GIF

and maybe a

Anna Kendrick Movie GIF by Pitch Perfect

but we'll have to have at least 3 good plays to get to that level!

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I will be there and it’s a very special game for me.

I am going with my oldest son (Gator son number one) and my oldest grandson. He’s four years old and this will be his first Gator game. He’s so excited that he can’t wait.

I am hoping that BN doesn’t ruin the day for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.