Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Vanderbilt*** ETN likely out

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
I’d say yes. Gators lost some quality players to the NFL & portal, we’re a young team. We have potential to make big strides with a good OC.
Still believe nothing offensively will work until this OL is much improved. It’s hard also when OL haven’t been healthy. Just can’t see how we can throw downfield when we can’t maintain a block for more than 2 seconds in passing situations.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Still believe nothing offensively will work until this OL is much improved. It’s hard also when OL haven’t been healthy. Just can’t see how we can throw downfield when we can’t maintain a block for more than 2 seconds in passing situations.
The routes aren't the best. But, Mertz also needs a little more time for the routes to develop but the pass pro breaks down almost everytime. When it doesn't, he thinks it will, and he screws up the throw.

I don't see it getting better this year. Maybe after the bye week.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Decent game. The mistakes and penalties though. It’s a win.

Go Gators. Carry that swagger up to SC.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I won't say anything bad about a win, but I turned it off at halftime. If you had to pick one word to describe this program's identity, it would be "pedestrian." Felt like I was watching paint dry. No energy. Just going through the motions (or the process). We clearly had much better talent than our opponent, beyond that there was nothing special.

But hey, it was a win.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I won't say anything bad about a win, but I turned it off at halftime. If you had to pick one word to describe this program's identity, it would be "pedestrian." Felt like I was watching paint dry. No energy. Just going through the motions (or the process). We clearly had much better talent than our opponent, beyond that there was nothing special.

But hey, it was a win.
Perhaps you simply shouldn't watch the rest of the season?

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018

But hey, it was a win.
Yeah, Pretty much my sentiments as well.
I mean, Vandy had all kinds of injuries in the secondary and we still couldn't take advantage down field.
We did use that short passing game very effectively. Montrell got untracked a bit and Trey Wilson is a stud.
Brown for a few reps, so, Thats a good thing because Mertz is going to be nicked up all year with this line.

Then again, It was Vandy.

For me, It was very hard to even get excited when we scored. I mean, It was Vandy, after we just got blown out by a Kentucky team, already down 21-0 in the first half to Ga..

Oh well, On to the next one.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
This felt like so many Vandy games. They hit a few plays but we control the game. I’m glad for a solid win against a under-manned Vandy. We ran well, efficient passing. Too many penalties.

I liked that we tried some deeper passes. I’m unhappy that we can’t connect them. Every team we’ve played has hit at least 2 deep balls. Why can’t we?

SC is off, sharpening their knives and preparing to avenge last year’s drubbing. Can we meet that intensity on the road?

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
This felt like so many Vandy games. They hit a few plays but we control the game. I’m glad for a solid win against a under-manned Vandy. We ran well, efficient passing. Too many penalties.

I liked that we tried some deeper passes. I’m unhappy that we can’t connect them. Every team we’ve played has hit at least 2 deep balls. Why can’t we?

SC is off, sharpening their knives and preparing to avenge last year’s drubbing. Can we meet that intensity on the road?
I think we already know the answer to that question.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
True. But 38-14 is a solid ho-hum win over Vandy. We really couldn’t gain much more than we did.

Next.
Oh hell yes, I agree!
I think the games where they don't have the on field mics on, or the press box open to hear the crowd, contributes to the ho hum feeling watching it on TV.
When you can't hear the excitement, it's really hard to get into a game like that.

It will be much different next week in Columbia.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Tonight's UGA-KY game showed that KY just isn't worth a sh@t, again. That means we are weak as water, they blew us out all game and they suck against quality competition. Just depressing AF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.