***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Vandy***

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm the 7th son of a 7th son, my daddy was a pistol, I'm a son of a Gun!

:chomp:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It'll bump up more in here before Friday. It's been like a long hangover. But we're getting geared up for the game and YES we'll be there. Friends are on their way up to make the trip over in the am.

I think we'll see (hoping) a different and more intent team tomorrow. Quite frankly its been really quiet out of Gainesville. And two glaring things that have to be corrected soon. 1. THE MOUTHS, have to shut up and play ball. Can you ever remember when great ball play spoke louder than words. Teez, Quincy, take a big drink of STFU and play as you are capable of playing. Even when you can back it up, shut up. I think with all the quiet out of Hogtown could be a start of that, we'll see. And 2. The play calling. There is no need to go prevent of "turtle up" until we have to. Be aggressive and stay with what works. When you're up by 4 TD's with 6-7 left, then you can think about it.

This is what I really think killed us last weekend. I expect them to come out with a mission and play hard. The talk is already out there even if they're quiet for the rest of the year. Now, they still have to back it up.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
When asked about preparing for which QB we may start Vanderbilt Coach Mason said it wouldn't really affect any preparations because Florida is pretty rigid in what it does on offense. We are going to have to wipe that smirk off his face. :lol2:

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I went to three games last year and they got progressively worse each time.
1. Ole Miss was a nighttime blast
2. Vandy was a blazing hot midday torture fest.
3. FSU was a frustrating and saddening failure.

we need to stomp Vandy mercilessly, but i am not convinced this team is up to it. hope i'm wrong.
Ole Miss - that would have been the game to go to - would have reminded me of going to the games in the 90s.
Vandy - Living in Seattle since 99', that heat about killed us. The ticket gods were in our favor though as we were high up in the south endzone, in the shade. I thought for sure Hardin was gonna miss though. I'm pretty notorious for bringing bad luck when I go to a game (I went to the MSU game in 04 (at MSU), which was the death nail for Zook (so maybe not too bad a thing).
FSU - I think I turned the TV off long before we even got the safety.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ole Miss - that would have been the game to go to - would have reminded me of going to the games in the 90s.
Vandy - Living in Seattle since 99', that heat about killed us. The ticket gods were in our favor though as we were high up in the south endzone, in the shade. I thought for sure Hardin was gonna miss though. I'm pretty notorious for bringing bad luck when I go to a game (I went to the MSU game in 04 (at MSU), which was the death nail for Zook (so maybe not too bad a thing).
FSU - I think I turned the TV off long before we even got the safety.
Ole Miss was the most fun I've had at a Gator game, even more than the UT game last year or the 2008 SECCG (both of those were just nerve wracking). Vandy was almost on the misery level of the '14 Missouri game, and FSU was just depressing.

veroG8tr

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2014
Making a last minute trip to Vandy. What sections do they put the visiting fans? Looking for two tickets.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
36 posts before game day last year vs. Vandy - we still got tomorrow.
32 including this post and just 1.5 hours before Gameday, already Gameday east coast time.

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
I was in the Yukon wilderness and missed the last 3 games. Was receiving updates from my dad from the UT game via satellite, and needless to say, I'm glad I wasn't home to watch that game. God I hate Tennessee.

The state of Florida football, imo, is not good right now. We are what we are, and it will be a long time before we are elite again. I remember when teams used to fear us. Now, as Dan Mullen pointed out, we have lost more games in the last 6 years than Mississippi State, which just makes me shake my head.

All that being said, there are few things in life I enjoy more than watching the Florida Gators every Saturday afternoon during the fall. It might be another frustrating game, but I will still be cheering on the boys in O & B.

Go Gators!

Pretty much what I wrote in another thread but some dip $hit responded with a sky is falling emoticon...

BTW, for those attending the game today, that hotel across the street from the stadium used to be no problem getting 2-4 rooms... sure was great drinking all night and simply walk across the street for the game.... fun times...

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Let's Go Gators!!! Tito's for breakfast is perfectly acceptable, right?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Are we on the SEC Network at 12pm today? The guide says Alcorn St vs Arkansas at noon here near Orlando. I have Brighthouse...

TN G8R

Aug 24, 2016
Florida's wearing white jerseys, orange pants, and orange helmets. Probably my last favorite combo. Really like the white jersey, orange helmet, and blue pants on the road. Hopefully, we'll see that sometime this season.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
'COME ON GATORS, LET'S GET UP AND GO!'

TN G8R

Aug 24, 2016
Are we on the SEC Network at 12pm today? The guide says Alcorn St vs Arkansas at noon here near Orlando. I have Brighthouse...
I have dish. Doesn't show it on the guide, but it has been advertised all morning on SEC nation being on the SEC network.

My guess after looking through the channels, florida Vandy will be on the SEC network and Arkansas Alcorn State will be on an alternate SEC network channel. They have been advertising Florida at Vandy Non-Stop on SEC Nation while I've been looking

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.