OFFICIAL: Jim McElwain is new UF football coach

Damien83

Cucamonga Cracka Killa
Oct 22, 2014
Just wanted to be the first to welcome Coach Mac to the University of Florida!!

GO GATORS!!!!!!!

:chomp:

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Since the speculation is over for the HC now should we start speculation on the staff?
Kerwin Bell QB and Assistant OC!!!! (If I say it enough will it make it true?)

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Mudd;n124592 said:
So how many people look like fools now after the last 24 hours and all the buyout talk. Someone on here posted they was giving JM a chance to tell the csu team 1st and I believe that's what the one day wait was for.

I would agree that is why as well

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Have to give CSU credit though. They got 7 LARGE out of the deal and my guess is we tried to get that down to maybe 1-2 mil.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's Mack daddy

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I feel like the sun just came out again after 4 years. Looking forward to seeing the ball moving up and down the field again after these last 4 years of total ineptitude. It will be nice to see a pass play on 1st down again.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Damien83;n124671 said:
Just wanted to be the first to welcome Coach Mac to the University of Florida!!

GO GATORS!!!!!!!

:chomp:

In before the merge.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Gator98MD;n124669 said:
no one else should post for awhile besides Williston. Too much filler in between the meat

If only Twitter was free, east to use, and available to everyone.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
williston_gator;n124661 said:
Mac throwing in money.
@GatorZoneScott: Buyout details: UAA pays CSU $3 M over 6 years, CSU to visit Swamp between 2017-20 for $2 M, and McElwain pays CSU $2 M = $7 million.

Mac wanted the job badly for him to throw in 2 million. I like this guy even more.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n124666 said:
@RagjUF: McElwain gets $3.5 million PER YEAR*** over 6 years. That's lower than most (including me) expected.

Agreed. Especially since it's sounding like he's gifting $2M to get the Heck out of Fort Collins. (over a period of years I'm sure, but still!?!)

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
williston_gator;n124661 said:
Mac throwing in money.
@GatorZoneScott: Buyout details: UAA pays CSU $3 M over 6 years, CSU to visit Swamp between 2017-20 for $2 M, and McElwain pays CSU $2 M = $7 million.

Think Mac wants to BE a Gator? Wow! He throws in $2 Mil of his own?!?! That's why he isn't getting the same as Freeze. Let a couple of years go by ripping through the SEC and that will change with continuous sell outs and increased booster contributions. Go Gators!

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
FireFoley;n124684 said:
Have to give CSU credit though. They got 7 LARGE out of the deal and my guess is we tried to get that down to maybe 1-2 mil.

Good reason to pound their ass when we play them. Cost JM $2 million, no reason to call off the dogs.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Love this hire. Everywhere he goes his offense plays disciplined football. Low penalties on that side of the ball. Also dont look at his Bama offense and think that is what we are getting. He has changed his offense everywhere he goes to adapt to personnel, and been very successful along the way. He also has a knack for calling the right play at the right time. I still have nightmares of back breaking screen plays from his time at Bama. My only reservation with this hire is that recruits wont know who he is, but he is a good recruiter and it helps if the reports are true that a lot of the defensive staff will be retained. Cant wait for next year.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n124699 said:
I was not sold on this hire at all. But it is a done deal now so I will give him time to prove himself and stop complaining. If you can’t be with the one you love, love the one you’re with.

Welcome coach McElwain. I am 100% behind your success. I look forward to 2015. I am happy that you have SEC experience and have experience turning around programs. With our talent you should be able to turn us around and make us competitive in the East within a few years. I still don’t know how to pronounce your name. Good luck and Go Gators!

It's McElwains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator