Gator Baseball ***OFFICIAL NC SERIES THREAD: UF vs LSU***

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
I remember when I considered lsu a “respected rival.” Somewhere in the last 15-20 years, the fans (and their ad) became obnoxious. I hope the extra games and extra innings have provided enough fatigue to give the good guys a relatively easy sweep with a bit more than just 1-run wins. Maybe I’m asking for too much, idk…

Probably too small of a sample size but I’ve been to Baton Rouge twice (2011 and 2019) and both times they were pleasant..even tailgated with them…..only fans I have had issues with were UT in 2012….thank God we won that one

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
I think this is right. If he were to get injured, I'm sure it would become harder for LSU to recruit future MLB level pitchers. I wonder if he could be an effective 9th inning reliever for them? I hope not.

Isn't this what Sully tells pitchers he recruits, that he will protect their arm? I read that somewhere.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
If UF wins the first game, would the LSU manager be stupid enough to "pull a Sully" and NOT start his best pitcher in the elimination game, "saving" him for a 3rd game that may never be necessary? I can't imagine something that insanely stupid happening twice over a 100 year span.
0.0% chance they would do this on 2 days rest with the first pick of MLB draft in a few days.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
0.0% chance they would do this on 2 days rest with the first pick of MLB draft in a few days.
Good I'm glad, it would guarantee a Gator victory.

Any manager not doing his job by doing everything possible to win a title should be fired for cause. In fact, go the extra mile - sue him and try and recoup every penny you ever paid him. If you lose in court, just send hired goons to get it out of him another way.

Now, if the little pissant pitcher refuses to try to win for his teammates over $$$, then eff him. Cut him instantly and smear him publicly. Trash him relentlessly (including making up stuff, like a drug problem) to MLB scouts and try to get his draft stock dropped as much as possible. If it was all about money for him, he should have gone to the minors out of high school.

I really want to win the first game to put these asshats in that position.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
You do it anyway in an elimination game. Pitchers pitched on short rest for 150 years until this new breed of pussy baseball came into play.

Don’t think we see Skenes unless it a for few outs monday.
Hes a couple weeks away from a 8 million dollar payday, his agent would blow a fuse putting him at risk.
That’s my theory and I’m sticking to it.
Same reason Langford didn't want to eat wall in the 8th... Robertson doesn't have that "problem"

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Same reason Langford didn't want to eat wall in the 8th... Robertson doesn't have that "problem"
Deciding to pitch with limited rest is way different than chasing a fly ball. Do you really thick anyone playing in the outfield has the first thought of "I am not chasing that one, I may get hurt"?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I have an underlying respect for LSU because my late uncle and aunt attended there. He was a retired engineer, I remember him after retirement in the early 80s before college football exploded on television, designing an antenna he used to pick up WWL out of New Orleans on Saturday night to listen to their games.

That being said, sodomize the Tigahs. So hard that fat unbathed slob Ogre feels it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I have an underlying respect for…
Episode 4 Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Good I'm glad, it would guarantee a Gator victory.

Any manager not doing his job by doing everything possible to win a title should be fired for cause. In fact, go the extra mile - sue him and try and recoup every penny you ever paid him. If you lose in court, just send hired goons to get it out of him another way.

Now, if the little pissant pitcher refuses to try to win for his teammates over $$$, then eff him. Cut him instantly and smear him publicly. Trash him relentlessly (including making up stuff, like a drug problem) to MLB scouts and try to get his draft stock dropped as much as possible. If it was all about money for him, he should have gone to the minors out of high school.

I really want to win the first game to put these asshats in that position.
You forgot to mention the onion and the belt.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I have an underlying respect for LSU because my late uncle and aunt attended there. He was a retired engineer, I remember him after retirement in the early 80s before college football exploded on television, designing an antenna he used to pick up WWL out of New Orleans on Saturday night to listen to their games.

That being said, sodomize the Tigahs. So hard that fat unbathed slob Ogre feels it.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I remember when I considered lsu a “respected rival.” Somewhere in the last 15-20 years, the fans (and their ad) became obnoxious. I hope the extra games and extra innings have provided enough fatigue to give the good guys a relatively easy sweep with a bit more than just 1-run wins. Maybe I’m asking for too much, idk…

Same here.
LSU used to be my favorite SEC team not named the Florida Gators. Back in the day their fanbase was friendly and fun loving. Many a gator fan would tell stories about tailgating with the LSU fans and all the great experiences discussing football and other sports.

I don’t know if it was Spurrier beating their heads in for a decade or if it was Saban giving them a taste of success in 2003 but suddenly the coolest fanbase in the SEC turned into the biggest group of a$$holes in the SEC and in the discussion for worst in the country.

Btw, we are not the only fanbase that has talked about this about face.

Sounds like the entire state needs some serious therapy or drugs or both.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Same here.
LSU used to be my favorite SEC team not named the Florida Gators. Back in the day their fanbase was friendly and fun loving. Many a gator fan would tell stories about tailgating with the LSU fans and all the great experiences discussing football and other sports.

I don’t know if it was Spurrier beating their heads in for a decade or if it was Saban giving them a taste of success in 2003 but suddenly the coolest fanbase in the SEC turned into the biggest group of a$$holes in the SEC and in the discussion for worst in the country.

Btw, we are not the only fanbase that has talked about this about face.

Sounds like the entire state needs some serious therapy or drugs or both.
Losing at home to Zook and Zaunbrecher in '03 is what made them lose their schit. Most have never recovered.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
The corndogs are praying for a weather delay on their site. God I hate LSU fans

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.