***Official NCAA Championship Game Thread***

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
BNAG8R;n204873 said:
I thought they missed calls both ways - the first half was just as bad in the other direction. I lost respect for Bo Ryan though in how he handled postgame, not giving Duke any credit at all and blaming the loss entirely on the officiating. Pretty classless IMO.

Typical Bo Ryan. Guy is a bit of a douche. If the team wasn't so likable, I'd hate them because of Ryan.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Glad I was able to get tickets...great game and my brother loved it (Duke Fan)

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n204876 said:
Typical Bo Ryan. Guy is a bit of a douche. If the team wasn't so likable, I'd hate them because of Ryan.

Is it just me or does Bo Ryan kind of look a little evil?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I like Ryan but blaming the officials is a little lame.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Both calls were blatant...the guy stepped on the line. And then CBS showed us the replay that the officials were seeing - the duke player hit the ball out of bounds.

I thought WISC was the better team. Duke has been getting calls since Naismith was putting up peach baskets.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
The reffing was suspect. I don't like it when refs officiate the second half completely different than the first half. But Ryan shouldn't have done what he did. That's just bush league.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Meh, i dont have a problem with what he said. Its what his players were probably thinking and considering saying so he said it for them and took the condemnation on himself instead of some of them. And whether some think its "classless" or not, his comment about "rent-a-player" is spot on. These one and dones are really starting to erode what college ball is supposed to be about. It used to be about the purity of the sport and the kids being student-athletes, now its darn near turned into a 1 or 2 year D league for future draft picks. There's no bigger offender than the slime-ball in lexington.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Overall I thought it was a great game and very well played. Definitely some bad calls down the stretch, but Wisconsin still had plenty of chances to make plays and get stops and they didn't do it.

Duke was the better team and the best in the country. Coach K is one of the best ever if not the best. You can hate on Duke all you want, but the guy has won and won with class over and over again. If you watched after the game... he came up to his players and gave them all big hugs... you can see that he has a very close relationship with them and that he cares about them a lot.

Those of you who want to hate on a kid for going to Duke over UF are crazy. I agree that I would love to see all the top talent in the state go to Florida, but Duke is a great school with a great basketball tradition and coach. I could never argue with somebody choosing to go to Duke for basketball. It's not like going to UK to play for an over-rated coach and get a crappy education. Plus... think of this another way... if a kid from NC came to UF for football nobody would bat an eye because none of the NC schools have the same football tradition as UF.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n205205 said:
actually contribute something useful in the thread you started.

Capital, that is like asking me to contribute to a thread, completely pointless.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n205295 said:
I would take this any day over the dumb sh!t NV spews

Boy, you sure are worked up. You got worked up over my comments about Allen and going to Duke. Now you're worked up over my comment about sh!t calls by the refs.

Try to not take everything so seriously.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Jeez NV, you bang his wife or something? Lord almighty!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I watched and have not paid any attention to anything after the game (I turned if off and went to bed). My take is that the refs made some very sketchy calls against Wisky (mainly on FK) during a critical stretch in the 2nd half. I would have been going ballistic if that had been the Gators out there getting jobbed by the refs, and I think many of you would have felt that the same. I can't remember a single call going in favor of Wisky in the last 10 minutes (except for the late foul on Duke which was meaningless as Wisky wasn't even in the bonus yet). However, you have credit to Duke's freshmen guards who stepped on the biggest stage at crunch time (as well as Okafor). They played tough D and worked their offense very well to use clock and get critical buckets.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
NVGator;n205325 said:
Boy, you sure are worked up. You got worked up over my comments about Allen and going to Duke. Now you're worked up over my comment about sh!t calls by the refs.

Try to not take everything so seriously.

Look NV, I just got back from spending two weeks in Afghanistan, I have a one year old daughter and a Cuban wife (those of you who are married to Hispanic women know what I'm talking about) and I come to this site to shoot the sh!t and talk sports. The last thing I want to hear is a member telling me I'm someone's relative or that they banged my wife because they don't agree with my opinion. I'm about as hang loose as they come, but if you don't agree with my ( or someone) else's opinion, either don't respond or argue your point. If all else fails, at least come up with some original material. You've been around a long time and I think you're smarter than you lead on.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n205954 said:
I'm talking relative to the rest of the members on this board. So, the bar is about as low as it gets

:lol:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just an "aside". Duke has an academic program where HS kids with high GPA get to take 8 hours of "real classes' while
living in dorm at Duke. This happens between the kids' 11th & 12th year summer. Wonder if some good BBall kid like Allen
has high GPA, if he sure gets that invite ? It's all academic, see. Jacksonville schools Bolles, Providence & St. Johns (OP)
are involved, I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator