Gator Basketball ***Official Offseason Thread BBALL*** Top 50 Overall Guard Alex Lloyd Commits

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
If he isn’t the main PG, who is? Because, we don’t have one yet. It certainly isn’t Clayton.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...odd-golden-gators-roster-breakdown-231231989/

While the highly-decorated graduate transfer won't necessarily "be the main point guard," according to head coach Todd Golden, the Gators "are confident in his ability to play out of the ball screen a little more," a role he wasn't quite asked to handle in Boca Raton but went a long way in attracting him to Gainesville.

"FAU didn't need that from me and that was fine, but the NBA has to see me as more of a lead guard so I needed a program excited to let me do a lot of that," Martin told Swamp247. "I will play on and off the ball a lot. I got some high level NBA training last summer and all this year from some personal coaches, so I know the game is really simple; try to create good opportunities as a guard for my team to score, not just me. I have to be able to read instantly what the best play is for that and Florida will help me get better doing that."
"I needed to make the best business decision with this transfer," Martin said. "I need to prove myself on a bigger platform than FAU could offer today. The SEC has a good chance to be the best conference in the country, and Florida has a chance to be the best team in the league. I hope to be drafted next June and I want to play in the NBA for a long time, so finding a pro style program was my main goal. Florida plays like a lot of NBA teams, and they needed the kind of player I am. Seemed like a perfect fit honestly."

If Golden is seen as a straight shooter running an NBA style offense....look out. I think we have a real winner in Golden, and we'll lose him to the NBA someday, which would be a great trend. Gators need our mojo back.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
If he isn’t the main PG, who is? Because, we don’t have one yet. It certainly isn’t Clayton.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...odd-golden-gators-roster-breakdown-231231989/
Really enjoying that article. Thanks for posting. This kid gives me hope that we will overcome the loss of Pullin.

"My goal is to help the Gators win the SEC and the national championship," Martin said. "I have won a conference title, a conference tournament, a holiday tournament, and an NCAA regional. I have been a tournament MVP multiple times and made the All-Tournament team for the NCAA Tournament when we went to the Final Four last year. The team successes mean the most to me. The one thing I had to know when I chose a school was the team had to have the potential to win a title. Florida does. I want to help us do it."

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
agreed, i like golden and think we got a good one. i do think he has the feel of a young nba coach which makes me worried we lose him in a few years, but if we do, it means that we've been doing pretty well to that point so ill take the bad with the good. much better than loser mike and his watch paint dry offense.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
agreed, i like golden and think we got a good one. i do think he has the feel of a young nba coach which makes me worried we lose him in a few years, but if we do, it means that we've been doing pretty well to that point so ill take the bad with the good. much better than loser mike and his watch paint dry offense.
Mike White's NBA prospects must keep the Georgia AD up at night. As I understand from his agent, there is great interest in MW as an NBA assistant. In fact, rumor has it that GM's are pursuing Mike harder than the NFL was after Mullen's services.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.