Gator Basketball ***Official Offseason Thread BBALL*** Top 50 Overall Guard Alex Lloyd Commits

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019

Good news is we have a core of Micah, Haugh and Condon to build around. Maybe the Euro guard will surprise and hopefully there’s some solid white transfers we can target.

:lol:

It's time to become Duke of the South and show people white men CAN jump

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Even more interesting is that he almost always answers questions. Yet, didn’t answer a one.

What Do You Mean Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
https://247sports.com/college/flori...-martin-sam-alexis-rueben-chinyelu-231162581/

"I mean, I think that's the biggest area to improve, right?," Golden said Friday. "We were above average nationally defensively, but we were below average for a tournament team, right, or a really good team trying to make a jump. So that's an area where if we can go from 93rd defensively, we can go from that to top 50 next year, we're going to be pretty good, you know, so that's where I'm focusing."

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
https://247sports.com/college/flori...-martin-sam-alexis-rueben-chinyelu-231162581/

"I mean, I think that's the biggest area to improve, right?," Golden said Friday. "We were above average nationally defensively, but we were below average for a tournament team, right, or a really good team trying to make a jump. So that's an area where if we can go from 93rd defensively, we can go from that to top 50 next year, we're going to be pretty good, you know, so that's where I'm focusing."
I can't believe he didn't tell us all about some stats or metrics that actually show we played some of the best defense in the league last year, if that makes sense...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m going to assume Martin is now our point guard. All we can do is trust Golden. I don’t like it.

View attachment 69485
Pullen had great size and assist to turnover ratio. But he was a liability defensively and almost too patient offensively. We would sometimes stagnate because he was always looking for that perfect pass. Sometimes the ball just needs to move quickly around the perimeter. Teams that did that to us gave us a lot of problems.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
If he isn’t the main PG, who is? Because, we don’t have one yet. It certainly isn’t Clayton.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...odd-golden-gators-roster-breakdown-231231989/

While the highly-decorated graduate transfer won't necessarily "be the main point guard," according to head coach Todd Golden, the Gators "are confident in his ability to play out of the ball screen a little more," a role he wasn't quite asked to handle in Boca Raton but went a long way in attracting him to Gainesville.

"FAU didn't need that from me and that was fine, but the NBA has to see me as more of a lead guard so I needed a program excited to let me do a lot of that," Martin told Swamp247. "I will play on and off the ball a lot. I got some high level NBA training last summer and all this year from some personal coaches, so I know the game is really simple; try to create good opportunities as a guard for my team to score, not just me. I have to be able to read instantly what the best play is for that and Florida will help me get better doing that."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.