Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n162377 said:
Chris Weinke is now denying and contradicting his own coach that Francois has flipped. These Nole people are either in serious denial, liars or a combination if both.

From my experience with nole fans they are definitely a combination of both.

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
GatorInKnox;n162375 said:
I can think of exactly zero instances where someone decommitted a week before signing day and ended up signing with that team.

The past has zero baring on what this guy will do. He's also not officially decomitted as of yet. He's been waffling for a while now between the two so to say it's a soft commitment is an understatement.

For the record I think he does in fact sign with us. I would have just rather not heard this tid bit escape until NSD as it gives the noles the full picture of what's going on instead of a false sense of security. It gives them time to counter.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorStompin';n162389 said:
Matt Elam...?

He'd flipped to fsu several weeks before he was scheduled to EE. Then he flipped back at the AAA game the day before he landed on campus.

I get your fear, and there is a measure of validity to it. But Knox's point is correct. Typically, less than a week to go, if a kid de-commits, he's gone. The tricky part here, of course, is his 60 year old HS coach.

edit: It was exactly 10 days in Elam's case.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Gatoravatara;n162234 said:
I keep on looking for something to be positive about. First it was Champ is gone so things will immediately get better. With our defense, if we have any type of offense in 2015 then we should be able to win 9 games easily. But then the OC/DC hires were made and we blew up our defense. Now we have a situation where we are not going to get recruits to play a spring game, and we are fighting for people we would not even look at in prior years. On top of this our whole WR coach thing is mysterious. Usually I dont follow the recruiting this closely or even care that much who our WR coach is. This year is different. Everybody is looking for any good news. Had we landed Lubick, it would not be the end all, be all, but it would be some good news. If NSD does not go our way, what positive things are we going to talk about until the first game? How we could not convince 3 stars to come to Florida?

Let's say you were a hot-shot at your current job, and had three or four or five open job offers. Everybody loves you, everybody wants you, some of them actually drool on your arm while shaking hands.

What would it take to convince you to go with the company that used to be great, but now has a bad product and had been very publicly careening towards bankruptcy for four or five years? Because things were so bad, the Board just fired the entire upper mgmt group, and the new people haven't had time to unpack their boxes. Oh yeah, if you do sign up, you're locked in for four years.

For offensive players, they were in elementary school the last time the Gators were great on that side of the ball. They don't remember much of that. Certainly not like most of us here on this board do.

Next year the coaches will have a much better chance in influencing the recruits they really want, for all the reasons that have been stated repeatedly on this board.

But this year, our two biggest lures are the quality of our education (which arguably isn't a huge factor for most top ranked high-schoolers who think they're destined to be NFL All-Pros), and quick playing time (which arguably isn't a huge factor for most top ranked high-schoolers who think they're destined to be NFL All-Pros, because they think they're good enough now to start most anywhere.)

GatorStompin'

Gator Grad '14
Nov 25, 2014
GatorFin;n162394 said:
D-rob also flipped like 3 weeks prior didn't he

And then flipped back to Clemson, only to flip back (again) to the Gators on NSD...? Or was he an early enrolly? Either way, even if DF is decommited from FSU, nothing is official until the pen touches paper.

GatorStompin'

Gator Grad '14
Nov 25, 2014
Not saying we don't get Steven Clark, but the kid wants to play on the D-line. Syracuse is telling him he can, and we're telling him he has to start on the oline, and if that doesn't work out he can move to DL. So, I don't think it's fair to pass total judgement on Mac and staffs recruiting ability if he picks 'Cuse. Just sayin'...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorStompin';n162403 said:
Not saying we don't get Steven Clark, but the kid wants to play on the D-line. Syracuse is telling him he can, and we're telling him he has to start on the oline, and if that doesn't work out he can move to DL. So, I don't think it's fair to pass total judgement on Mac and staffs recruiting ability if he picks 'Cuse. Just sayin'...

Fair point. I think it also kind of goes back to the point that was made earlier int he thread that some of these mid-level kids may not feel supremely confident that they'll be seeing a lot of playing time once UF rebounds. While I do think the OL may be a lone exception, the reality is even if we gave him a shot at DT, he's most likely not beating out guys like Holley, Clark, Willis, CB, etc.

It's easy for us to say you're a 2-3 star player with no offers comparable to us, why wouldn't you want to come here? The reality is some may feel they're just a temporary "fling" and will never see the field if and when we start landing 4-5 star players again.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n162210 said:
After NSD, if this holds up, Coach Mac and his staff will face serious questions about their ability to recruit, Foley will face questions about the possibility that he hired a guy who can't recruit. And don't give me the "he hasn't built relationships" crap because there is EVIDENCE where other programs with similar or worse situations have done a much better job of signing/committing recruits and NONE of them are the program Florida is, nor do they have the intangibles UF has; weather, talent in the area, tradition, etc.

If Mac has a huge signing day, then all of our concern becomes moot, the fan base is pumped and we head into Spring with a ton of momentum and energy.

We'll see in a few days.
This. A thousand times this. Unfortunately we have some serious questions on our hands.

I expected this wouldn't be a blockbuster class but I'm surprised we can't flip three stars from Louisville, Syracuse or Vandy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n162227 said:
Guys he's been here since December.
Every new coach just got hired in December. And this isn't the first time we've fired a coach.

This is the first time we've been behind FIU, Army, and some school called Old Dominion. We will potentially have the worst class in the history of the SEC.

GatorStompin'

Gator Grad '14
Nov 25, 2014
soflagator;n162404 said:
Fair point. I think it also kind of goes back to the point that was made earlier int he thread that some of these mid-level kids may not feel supremely confident that they'll be seeing a lot of playing time once UF rebounds. While I do think the OL may be a lone exception, the reality is even if we gave him a shot at DT, he's most likely not beating out guys like Holley, Clark, Willis, CB, etc.

It's easy for us to say you're a 2-3 star player with no offers comparable to us, why wouldn't you want to come here? The reality is some may feel they're just a temporary "fling" and will never see the field if and when we start landing 4-5 star players again.

Truth. He could be a star at Syracuse, but here he runs the risk of just being a roll player. Not that there's anything wrong with that of course, but some prefer the star status at the less prestigious school. Then there's the worry he wouldn't be good enough to even see the field here. And Syracuse has been praising and recruiting him for how long?

We'll see though. Maybe he wants the chance to to compete with the big boys.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure what to believe on Francois. His being hacked doesn't explain the coach confirming the de-commitment, and the idea this wall went down after a Nussmeier visit only adds intrigue to the whole thing.

@bradyack: Listen in to the show and find out how Twitter accounts get hacked and we react! Hah. The Univ of Florida State should have given it away.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n162251 said:
Jim Donnan's even laughing at us.

"Florida not having a top 50 class is about as inexplicable as anything I've seen lately" - Jim Donnan
:headslap:And we don't even have a top 100 class. I'm glad he took it easy on us.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n162267 said:
Don't use Cold Cuts, because Dubs isn't a fan.

screen-shot-2014-09-04-at-9-58-50-pm.png

Don't be disrespecting Icky.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n162230 said:
Here's coach Mc's quarterback. He'll sign on the spot and come in with a chip on his shoulder as well. Hey, its not like we don't have the room for him.

That kid looks great and has no offers. Named Easton Breuere. Had a 75% completion rate.
Led team to 13-0 state championship. Outdueled the 6'7" QB great that has several offers.
In his films he putsit in receiver's hands even when they're closely covered. He seems to have that QB-brain
of knowing he can complete it into quick thinking hits and long completions. He sure looked to throw and
not to run. We mke offer guarantee he'll sign right away.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n162320 said:
This guy just committed (verbally) late Tuesday night to a powerhouse Div 1 program.
http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2015/01/michigan_state_football_adds_d.html

Maybe he was the last one in the country? I'm guessing probably not. There are probably around 100 JC O-lineman who will play Div1-II football in 2015. You think they have all committed and signed. I'm pretty sure you are wrong.
Here's the list of jucos. As you can see, we are in great shape here also:
https://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-3508/2015

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Law98gator;n162444 said:
Here's the list of jucos. As you can see, we are in great shape here also:
https://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-3508/2015
So there are guys out there not committed yet, and of course since this is top 100 all positions there are a lot of O-lineman out there not on that list. But of these uncommitted lineman in the top 100, some with lists 20 schools long and yet we don't seem to be on any of them. How can we not be offering every one of these guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator