1f40a.png
1f40a.png
#Gators #GatorNation

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
williston_gator;n152102 said:
Did Gus give him carte Blanche to run the program? Never seen a DC with as much influence.

gus is scared of chumps midline

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Gator Fever;n152104 said:
I thought it was crazy talk at first but I am starting to think Muschamp is just very bitter now. I didn't watch the whole game - was that true his son was at the basketball game last night wearing Auburn stuff. Just seems a little crazy to me considering everything.

you see fever, this is the result of incompetence, keeping chump past ga.southern! we will eventually dig out. but it will be painful

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
ATXGator;n152143 said:
GatorCountry.com ‏@GatorCountry 24s25 seconds ago
The #Gators secured a visit from an offensive lineman as they try to add depth at the position. http://ow.ly/Hrlik
That's the second article this morning that an offensive lineman said Muschamp never showed them any interest. How did Muschamp think his offense was going to work without any o-linemen? It's truly amazing how he let that side of the ball deteriorate.

We get Derouen, Jordan, Pellage and Ivey on board we're good.

Btw, that article says Tyler Derouen who is a receiver out of La. It should be Trey Derouen who is at 315lb. lineman in Ga.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
GatorTAG;n152148 said:
It's truly amazing how he let that side of the ball deteriorate
thats because he was truly an idiot!!!:headshake::dunno:

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n152102 said:
Did Gus give him carte Blanche to run the program? Never seen a DC with as much influence.

Most highly publicized failed head coaches spend at least a season or two in the shadows at some lower-level job with very little influence. But from what I'm seeing and reading, Auburn and Muschamp are on fire with recruiting and they are now clearly the team to beat for Cowart.

What sense does that make?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n152170 said:
Most highly publicized failed head coaches spend at least a season or two in the shadows at some lower-level job with very little influence. But from what I'm seeing and reading, Auburn and Muschamp are on fire with recruiting and they are now clearly the team to beat for Cowart.

What sense does that make?

It's two things

1. He had a relationship with Muschamp and really liked him

2. Muschamp can coach defense and is most likely using Fowler (projected top 10 pick) as an example of what Cowart can be.

dubster1

Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
ATXGator;n152171 said:
It's two things

1. He had a relationship with Muschamp and really liked him

2. Muschamp can coach defense and is most likely using Fowler (projected top 10 pick) as an example of what Cowart can be.

i will take # 2 for $200.00 alex!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
GatorTAG;n152148 said:
That's the second article this morning that an offensive lineman said Muschamp never showed them any interest. How did Muschamp think his offense was going to work without any o-linemen? It's truly amazing how he let that side of the ball deteriorate.

We get Derouen, Jordan, Pellage and Ivey on board we're good.

Btw, that article says Tyler Derouen who is a receiver out of La. It should be Trey Derouen who is at 315lb. lineman in Ga.

Blocking tight ends. Problem solved.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ShadowGator;152040 said:
Eurogator is accurate, give me a break if you actually think the fan base made Foley get rid of Muschamp. As stated, if that was the case he would have been fired after Georgia Southern. As Euro stated, Foley followed his own guideline he set at the beginning of the season and followed through with it. He evaluated, made the judgement and fired Muschamp during the season. At no point did he ask what the fans thought. He knew... the YEAR BEFORE. Bullgators matter, the individual fans... not so much in these matters.

Even with injuries, we lost to an injury plagued Georgia Southern team. And really, we don't want to be known as an athletic department that fires coaches quickly without consideration of events, such as the mass injuries. Otherwise, no quality coaches would come here in any sport and we would forever be a training ground. Muschamp getting a reprieve last year I am sure played into McElwain and anyone else considering us because they know they would get the proper chance to succeed.

My God, some of you just make up things as you go.

There was recently an article where a Bull Gator talked about this. It was shared on this forum. He talked about how he trusted Foley to make the right decision but the fan base, media perception, and the direction of the team weighed very heavy on Foley. He also talked about that as Bull Gators someone may have discussed it with Foley but no Bull Gator Gator had positioned an ultimatum or put pressure on Foley. But he was very well aware of the pressure from the Fanbase. And that none of the Bull Gators to his knowledge threatened to take money away or impede on the expertise or direction of Foley.

But let's not take that from actual Bull Gators. Let's take the truth from shadow gator. I mean if shadow gator says that fans don't matter and the Bull Gators are the ones who put pressure on Foley it must be the truth. I'm sure having fans vent their frustrations out during a game on national television had no bearing on Foley's decision.

Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member