***Official SEC Championship Game: UF vs Alabama Game Thread***

RobertPooner

BANNED
Sep 4, 2015
I don't know about coaching football at the highest level, but I don't think that "offensive guru" means you can figure out how to win a ball game like McGyver with a lighter and a paper clip. At this level the schemes are pretty complex and the reason they work or don't work is because of things like timing. There is no timing without guys who can perform repeatable tasks at a high level. It just becomes sandlot ball with people running amok and hopefully once in a while somebody makes a play. That's where this offense is right now, and its not because Mac doesn't know how to coach offense its because he doesn't know how to coach sandlot.

The last 2 games, there have been wide open receivers running all over the field. The problem is not the offensive scheme or coaching, it's having a barely functional retard running the QB position.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
I actually don't think this is on mac we were outmanned coker was no better than treon he just throwed up more balloons and he had henry

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
The last 2 games, there have been wide open receivers running all over the field. The problem is not the offensive scheme or coaching, it's having a barely functional retard running the QB position.

Criticizing Treon's play, his capabilities, his talent is fair game. But Treon is a Gator. Name calling, "barely functional retard", is out of line.

RobertPooner

BANNED
Sep 4, 2015
Oh give me a break. I'm talking football IQ, obviously i don't know the guy personally. Some of you take message boarding way too seriously.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh give me a break. I'm talking football IQ, obviously i don't know the guy personally. Some of you take message boarding way too seriously.

Maybe so, but you can tone it down a little man. We're all Gators here.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Two things in here I definitely agree with. One it wasn't the offensive coaching and being sarcastic about the offensive guru thing is ridiculous. It's not the coaching or play calling. We had receivers open all night. And the line is about a year away from being able to run block a front seven like that. And the second thing finished that thought. Yes Treon is not the answer at QB anyone can see that. And we all get upset in the heat of the game and says things like he sucks, he's awful, but no one should be calling any Gator player direct names. Show some class and that you have some semblance of intelligence. Our Gators had a great 1st year under our new coach. We are just a few pieces of the puzzle away. Future looks bright. Go Gators!

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
Proud of the Gators and Coach Mac. Great year for this team. And people bitching about Mac he addressed this already. He basically said he is not sacrificing the development of the other offensive players to meet the skill of one qb. This is about the future.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Only two SEC team EARNED the right to play in the SEC Championship Game, and we were one of those two. Very few people expected that at the beginning of the season. We have some great strengths, and the deficits we knew we had were all too real. The kids gave great effort. Next year will be better, and the year after that better still.

It's great to be a Florida Gator.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Treon will switch to CB in the spring. We have 3 CBs returning and Chauncy Gardner coming in.

At QB, we have Grier (I know, he can't play), Del Rio, a freshman or two and I believe a graduate transfer.
Is Treon tall enough to play cornerback?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not butt hurt or upset. I wanted us to win but didn't see anyway short of a miracle of winning.

As a team we couldn't overcome the difficulties on the field! We are short handed and understaffed at every position except RB and DB.

So we fought hard but came-up short!

We should have more depth next year and hopefully the field will be shorter for our offense.

Great year Gators, now get ready for the Bowl Game. Prep time is short!

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I hope we install a better offense centered around Grady for the bowl game!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator