***Official Spring Football Thread***

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So none of you guys wanna talk about Franks? The guy that actually played in highscool.
No, no, no. Franks and every other QB wasnt great in the Army AllStar game and Trash did a smoking job in his last 7th grade game, so its obvious who is the real elite QB here.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
No, no, no. Franks and every other QB wasnt great in the Army AllStar game and Trash did a smoking job in his last 7th grade game, so its obvious who is the real elite QB here.

Thats it, this is the real content we should be discussing. The real meat.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not getting on a linebacker because he can't cover a receiver one on one. I'd ask why he is in man on a WR in the first place.

You want to know why?

Florida-Gators-florida-football-third-spring-practice-march-20-2015-Florida-Gators-defensive-coordinator-Geoff-Collins-spit-hat-backwards.jpg

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Lots folk on here have stepped up to defend the Trask-Mac decision = lots of posts trying to deflect
ridicule of our "without blame" kid. Would love to read praise-reports on Felipe -- already a hero-Gator
for leaving LSU, showing that recruits need to consider UF as more attractive than LSU.

UF's CFB history is replete with incoming unproven college QBs who turned out excellent.
None of those greats proved themselves before they stepped into real-game playing and did it right.
So, no posters here can prove or disprove any untried QB's worthiness.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
So none of you guys wanna talk about Franks? The guy that actually played in highscool.
I think this is an extremely fair question. The only showing that most of us saw was pretty bad. He's been a non--story through spring. Shouldn't we be bashing him for not living up to his rating just as much as we bash Trask for not being a HS starter?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
UF's CFB history is replete with incoming unproven college QBs who turned out excellent.
None of those greats proved themselves before they stepped into real-game playing and did it right.
So, no posters here can prove or disprove any untried QB's worthiness.

Off the top of my head I can't think of any names that didn't involve SOS. But, Mac is the first potential QB whisperer that we've had since the HBC.

Kerwin Bell. Just thought of one.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think this is an extremely fair question. The only showing that most of us saw was pretty bad. He's been a non--story through spring. Shouldn't we be bashing him for not living up to his rating just as much as we bash Trask for not being a HS starter?
Exactly. He's a complete bust

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Nobody has been talking about Franks because he's at the bottom of the depth chart. If he had Trask's talent maybe he'd get a little more pub. :cool:

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014

No, we shouldn't be trashing any incoming freshmen players, period.

If we're as strong and deep as we ought to be, none of them should have a whiff of getting on the field at all, except possibly on special teams or in mop-up time five minutes after the start of the second half.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We just need a functional QB not necessarily outstanding... I mean we're a consistent timing pattern completion and point of contact broken tackle away from being real good. Come on Gators, get up and GO!

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Off the top of my head I can't think of any names that didn't involve SOS. But, Mac is the first potential QB whisperer that we've had since the HBC.

Kerwin Bell. Just thought of one.
Not sure I understand. Spurrier was highly recruited. Always suspicious that his preacher Dad received a call to the Gainesville area.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.