***Official Spring Football Thread***

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There's really no comparison from Morningweg to Trash. Or even Provancha, Guy or Gornto to Trash. Those other guys were all good enough to actually play in HS and earn scholarship offers from other schools.....

Ironically none of those guys had scholarship from offers from UF........ while Trask does.......

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be unhappy if our team sucks so bad we are forced to play someone of such little talent.

Taking a Div 3 school's future 3rd stringer is nearly as embarrassing as losing to a 1AA school, but I guess we should be used to this shyt by now.

Maybe...JUST MAYBE.... YOU are wrong. ALL you do is scream, "He was a backup, he wasn't even good enough to play in HS, etc, etc, etc, rinse and repeat..."

You have never acknowledged the fact that, while he was a backup, it was to another 4* player who was a phenomenal athlete who just happened to run a spread option style offense. We saw what happened when Urban Meyer tried to use John Brantley to run a Tim Tebow / Cam Newton type offense. It doesn't work the same. It could be as simple as that. Given the coaches chosen style of football, is there really any question of who he'd use if he had both talents available???

Why is it so hard for you to accept anything positive that is said about this kid? No one is claiming that the kid is the second coming of Danny Wuerffel. Most are in wait and see mode and would be pleasantly surprised if he turned out to be a good one. Most people enjoy a good underdog, Cinderella type story from time to time. I bet you were rooting for the evil stepmother and her lil' heifer daughters to keep Cinderella in her proper place.

A grown ass man continuing to "trash" a kid for no good reason. Shameful old bastard.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe...JUST MAYBE.... YOU are wrong. ALL you do is scream, "He was a backup, he wasn't even good enough to play in HS, etc, etc, etc, rinse and repeat..."

You have never acknowledged the fact that, while he was a backup, it was to another 4* player who was a phenomenal athlete who just happened to run a spread option style offense. We saw what happened when Urban Meyer tried to use John Brantley to run a Tim Tebow / Cam Newton type offense. It doesn't work the same. It could be as simple as that. Given the coaches chosen style of football, is there really any question of who he'd use if he had both talents available???

Why is it so hard for you to accept anything positive that is said about this kid? No one is claiming that the kid is the second coming of Danny Wuerffel. Most are in wait and see mode and would be pleasantly surprised if he turned out to be a good one. Most people enjoy a good underdog, Cinderella type story from time to time. I bet you were rooting for the evil stepmother and her lil' heifer daughters to keep Cinderella in her proper place.

A grown ass man continuing to "trash" a kid for no good reason. Shameful old bastard.

You never know with a kid that wasn't in the right situation in high school - he might turn out to be a good one.

Big Ben I think didn't start until he was a senior in HS because the coach felt his kid should have started over him.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Oh, the horrors!....spiteful name calling...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law has littered GCMB with Tossed Trash. This kid just seems to ignore the
sacks with a passing grade. IMO he'll come to be known as "Law's Quarterback Sneak".
Really, Law is so tricky to use Perverse Psychology because it comes natural to him.
No edited highlight-film propaganda for this Trask. He showed his worth in personal auditions
in camps, in front of the head-coach.... like the old fashioned way =Trask earns it.
Look, isn't this the most similar to "live-game" situation = one take, in the moment of do or die?

OMG, Trask takes the field -- oh snap !

Last edited:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law has littered GCMB with Tossed Trash. This kid just seems to ignore the
sacks with a passing grade. IMO he'll come to be known as "Law's Quarterback Sneak".
Really, Law is so tricky to use Perverse Psychology because it comes natural to him.
No edited highlight-film propaganda for this Trask. He showed his worth in personal auditions
in camps, in front of the head-coach.... like the old fashioned way =Trask earns it.
Look, isn't this the most similar to "live-game" situation = one take, in the moment of do or die?

OMG, Trask takes the field -- oh snap !

Perverse Psychology....hmmm....gotta be something they teach in Dental School.....

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
From your lips to God's ear.
GgrJ5h1.gif

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I like that Law liked this.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
national-high-five-day.jpg

I liked that you liked that I liked that.

I gave him an E for effort.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.scout.com/college/florid...mpaign=365+Gameday-Florida+Social+Influencers

Some notes from yesterday's practice. With a short video as well.

The good

Franks was the sharpest I have seen him this spring. He went 4-for-4 and hit freshman Freddie Swain on a 15-20 yard post at the goal line and a touchdown to end the period.

I did see redshirt sophomore Cyontai Lewis with a touchdown grab. You can tell they are really working on the toughness of these guys. As this particular group gets bigger and stronger they will get better at the line of scrimmage.

The bad
Collins was upset after redshirt-junior linebacker Matt Rolin got beat by WR Freddie Swain in the back of the end zone during the same goal-line drills. In Rolin’s defense, QB Feleipe Franks delivered the ball perfectly to the speedy Swain.

The ugly, yet predictable

We did see redshirt sophomore Ryan Sousa and freshman Joshua Hammond drop a pass early, but overall the receivers did well.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'm not getting on a linebacker because he can't cover a receiver one on one. I'd ask why he is in man on a WR in the first place.

Good to see Franks doing well. All the talk has been about LDR, Abbleby, and Trask. I haven't seen much written on Franks.

The tight ends will get better at the line of scrimmage? In other words, they still can't block worth crap. We need them to develop in this area. It is of primary importance.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not getting on a linebacker because he can't cover a receiver one on one. I'd ask why he is in man on a WR in the first place.

Good to see Franks doing well. All the talk has been about LDR, Abbleby, and Trask. I haven't seen much written on Franks.

The tight ends will get better at the line of scrimmage? In other words, they still can't block worth crap. We need them to develop in this area. It is of primary importance.

I tend to agree. Especially considering Rolin isn't particularly good at dropping into coverage.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So none of you guys wanna talk about Franks? The guy that actually played in highscool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.