Oh No: White helmets for UGA

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Which side of Saturday's helmet do you prefer? I think I'm partial to the left. Looks sleeker.

From the video posted on UF Football's FB page, it appears to me that BOTH sides are going to have the script Gator. Nonetheless, despite everyone else disliking it, I like the slanted F and do think it looks "quicker." I don't like two different logos on either side. Choose one and stick with it for both sides.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not generally as opposed to the dreaded slanted F as most others. But I don't think it looks right on the helmet at all. And again, power of perception and association. I'll take the left. Oohh, also maybe that left one in orange. That sounds really nice.
I like the F, but I'm not entirely a "get off my lawn" type, either. I do agree the F looks bad on the helmet and the Gators script is the definitive look for the helmet, preferably in orange. :lol:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The slanted F is GAF and should never be on anything. It was a Jeremy Fooley approval and has his stench all over it. The block F is bad ass and should be used on both sides of the helmet. Even the UF intertwined looks good. Gator head logo would look good. Bury that slanted F.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The slanted F is GAF and should never be on anything. It was a Jeremy Fooley approval and has his stench all over it. The block F is bad ass and should be used on both sides of the helmet. Even the UF intertwined looks good. Gator head logo would look good. Bury that slanted F.

We talkin bout fonts.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We always say the Gator head, but in reality it doesn't really work on the helmet. It's actually better as an accent piece on the jersey or pants.

(And I'm about to get some major shyt for saying that.)

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't like the Gator head logo on the helmets, either - just doesn't look right. The slanted F doesn't bother me like it does some of you but I really like the script and think it looks pretty good on the white helmets.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We always say the Gator head, but in reality it doesn't really work on the helmet. It's actually better as an accent piece on the jersey or pants.

(And I'm about to get some major shyt for saying that.)
How does this “not work”?

0b1f47aa3afb29f817ac1150332d75d0.jpg

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Gator head is too overpowering. The script or F work better, but just commit to one instead of going all Sybil.

We'd have a dilemma if we went to the white helmet. If we wore the blue jersey at home, the orange fans would feel left out.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't like the Gator head logo on the helmets, either - just doesn't look right. The slanted F doesn't bother me like it does some of you but I really like the script and think it looks pretty good on the white helmets.
I just read a post of yours and agreed with everything you said. :faint:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This conversation helps me better understand why the designers of the new helmet chose multiple logos. It appeases more fans. Maybe that is the best way to go.

It's actually not a bad look, but, please, no head-to-toe white look. That's a bit much. Give the fans some orange or blue on the road to break up the monotony of all-white. I don't wanna look like Miami.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How about solid blue helmet with a big orange CHOMP on the side?
IMG_3687.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.