OK since we can't decide on a new HC, what are your expectations?

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
t-gator;91335 said:
Ray Finkle;n91332 said:
Rich Rod and Gundy are the two names he came up with as two that would be formidable. Also said on a scale of 1 to 10 other coaches ranked the uf job as a 9
You're awsome sir.
:fistbump: now stop giving me crap over me Rich Rod :lol:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think we should bring in somebody who can get rid of the players' fat little girlfriends.

[video=youtube;c6brYtuPX-Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6brYtuPX-Q[/video]

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n91303 said:
Decent first year. Some drop off the second year and full speed ahead the third year.

Just so you know, it's usually good second year, bad third year (due to transfers etc).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n91317 said:
With just how difficult our conference is,10 wins a year in his first 3 years is pretty lofty don't you think?

In our bad years, even after Chimp's 6-6 and 4-8 years, we get top 10 talent. It's reasonable to expect top 10 results from top 10 talent.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n91317 said:
With just how difficult our conference is,10 wins a year in his first 3 years is pretty lofty don't you think?

Yep. It is. The Barn is well on pace to exceed that. If they can do it...why can't we?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
gatormandan;n91394 said:
What the...

Yeah, I'm sure WM would take Patterson's input on the defense without losing his grip and after a demotion Muschamp would just be so agreeable......

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator;n91392 said:
In our bad years, even after Chimp's 6-6 and 4-8 years, we get top 10 talent. It's reasonable to expect top 10 results from top 10 talent.

It would seem to reason that if you got top 10 talent in most years even a decent coach would produce a top 10 team most years. Granted certain years you might be lacking experience at a key position or have a lot of injuries or a really tough schedule but if your players are better than 90% of the players on the teams you are playing logic dictates that you should win a minimum of 9 games before CCG's, bowls and possible playoffs.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not saying that we can't win ten games a year I'm just saying I'm not going to put that expectation on a new coach. I hope we do but it's very tough to do in this conference.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When Urban Meyer came here, he spent the first year implementing his system based on the players he inherited. First year not great...but we saw progress. Second year, won the National Championship with mostly players that were not his. Great defense (OMG) and an offense that played to the strengths of the players, not his "system". Third year...transition year from the "inherited players" to the "my players"...young defense and Tim Tebow literally carrying the offense. Fourth year...National Championship. Fifth year, undefeated until SEC Championship...played tight as the pre-season #1 with a target on our back every week. Sixth year "sick-gate"...world falls apart.

So...for the new coach, 1 year to get the program headed in the right direction. Then start kicking ass and taking names (10 - 11 wins per year).

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Realistic expectations - year 1 (7-8 wins and outback bowl), year 2 (8-9 wins and contend for SEC East), year 3 (9-10 wins, SEC East winner)
Dream expectations - year 1 (9 wins, contend for or win SEC East), year 2 (10 wins, win SEC East), year 3 (11 wins, SEC champs, make playoffs)

No matter the win-loss record, a competent offense!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
No coach that has a defense that's consistently ranked in the lower third of the country. So goodbye Rich Rod, Leach, and Gundy. Give us someone with head coaching experience that's a proven winner and has had teams excel on both sides of the ball. Don't make the main criterion that "he's better than Muschamp" and "we can't do worse than we are now." That's how you end up hiring people like Derek Dooley and Butch Jones. Swing for the fences and open the checkbook up further than you've ever had to for a coach before. This hire is going to be INSANELY crucial for the future of Gator football.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n91543 said:
No coach that has a defense that's consistently ranked in the lower third of the country. So goodbye Rich Rod, Leach, and Gundy. Give us someone with head coaching experience that's a proven winner and has had teams excel on both sides of the ball. Don't make the main criterion that "he's better than Muschamp" and "we can't do worse than we are now." That's how you end up hiring people like Derek Dooley and Butch Jones. Swing for the fences and open the checkbook up further than you've ever had to for a coach before. This hire is going to be INSANELY crucial for the future of Gator football.
This thread is about expectations dick head

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
t-gator;n91547 said:
This thread is about expectations dick head

cold.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads