OL Commit George Brown flips to LSU

RomanGator

Dec 1, 2014
Well Folks, May I chip in my 2 cents worth now?
I see 3 possible conclusions in Feb. (What is signing day anyway?)
1. Panic, grab every transfer, 1 and 2 star, JUCO, out of country posibility, acadamic risk, to a level of about 30 and see whats left in August.
2. Accept a good class of 10, train up what we have, sign a super big class the next 2 years, and hope injuries, suspensions, acadamics, don t draw us under 65.
3. Some choice between the first 2.
May I remind you all that the new guy knew very well what our status was before the press meeting, he signed with Fla anyway.
4. Who is to blame is irrevelent now, we gotta hope we get people or no spring game.
5. This would not be a good time to start off with NCAA elegibility issues.
6. Board panic just gives the other schools more fodder against us.
7. Even at 10 or so signatures and a 7-5 year next year its still great to be a Fla Gator.
Tell me would some of you be happy if Charlie Pell was in charge of recruiting today? I woulden t. Bama went that way in the Big Al Means sweepstakes and it took them 3 years to get it behind them, Donnen at Ga was kicked out too.
I won t say enjoy the basketball season, but Vollyball is tearing it up, they visited me back in 98 and I was so glad.
Hope to hear from you all soon on a cold, rainy nite in Augsburg.
Bayergator

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Our bias clouds our objectivity. If you were a big time recruit, would you be excited about coming here when there are other programs that have their acts together?

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
no surprise here. i actually expected more. once mac gets it going we will be fine. keeping chump that extra year dug us a hole. but we will storm back!

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Typical attrition when a team is transitioning to a new coaching staff. It is probably a little worse than normal because we've been so pathetic over the last 3 seasons. Let Mac get his staff together and I guarantee we'll have a flurry of recruits "flip" to Florida in January. If Florida has a half decent season next year and it looks like we'll only be better in 2016, our recruiting classes will be in the top five again. Step away from the ledge

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Swamp Queen;n127384 said:
And what about the other coaches? There's a chance they won't be around as well so should they have stopped contacting our recruits?

At the time nobody knew whether any of the asst. coaches would be retained and as far as I know nobody still knows......BUT we knew Muschamp was not going to be coming back. Most companies don't give a 4 or 5 week warning when they fire managers and such.....The reason for this is called "damage control". They should have walked him out of the facilities the Sunday after the Mizzou game.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Marshall Gator;n127446 said:
The turn around starts tomorrow when Mac starts to "recruit daily or die". Things will get better.

I'm looking forward to it. Welcome to the board by the way. Take your shoes off and stay a while. :thumbup:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This should not be a surprise at all. We kept that loser one year too long. Foley is responsible 100% for not having the balls to do what should have happened last year. Muschamp is the gift that keep on giving. Worst class in how many years? 40? 50? We wasted a whole season because Foley was too much a pussycat. Now we pay the price.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yes it sucks, but one OL is not going to make or break this team. Based on history, he's got something like a 40% chance of being a bust anyway. You know that every coach with this kids number has been in his ear for weeks about why he shouldn't be a Gator. He caved in to the chatter and this probably won't be the last loss. If he's what McCoach wants there's also time to win him back.

I hope Mc sticks to his guns and doesn't just fill warm bodies to get a class. That never works out. We end up with a really warm bench and little ability to overfill the next class. I'd MUCH rather see him keep this class small and EE the F out of next year's class so they can be counted backwards to the puny one we're about to sign.

It'll all work out Gators, just be patient.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Marshall Gator;n127446 said:
The turn around starts tomorrow when Mac starts to "recruit daily or die". Things will get better.

Welcome aboard. Seems like we know each other.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can't believe some of you are so blinded by your hatred of Muschamp that you think he would sabotage UF's 2015 recruiting class. Dumb.

Geeze...
  1. EVERYONE is praising this Muschamp's character and consistency. Matchen, Foley, assistants, players, former players, Spurrier, even McElwain! Everyone is saying that he does things right. He would not sabotage our class because he's got more character than that. Do you remember that he booted Janoris Jenkins before he ever played a game for Muschamp? He voluntarily booted his best player. Whether you agree with him or not, he clearly demonstrated integrity in many of his decisions.
  2. He wouldn't sabotage this class because his name would be mud in the coaching world.
  3. He isn't bitter about what has happened at UF. He said that he was grateful for the opportunity and he understood that it's a bottom-line business. He understood why he was fired and was grateful for the chance.
  4. He wouldn't sabotage the class because he has a ton of money that UF will still pay him and sabotaging the class would certainly put that in jeopardy.
  5. He wouldn't sabotage the class because it would gain him nothing. He wouldn't attract kids to what he's selling (family atmosphere, hard-working, high-character, etc) if he was behaving oppositely.
  6. He wouldn't sabotage the class because he'd be entrusting himself and his future to high school kids. Nah, maybe he forgot about Cook and Lane last year.
He didn't get the job done at UF, but he isn't shady. Some of you people need to take your blinders off. :gah:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;n127512 said:
I can't believe some of you are so blinded by your hatred of Muschamp that you think he would sabotage UF's 2015 recruiting class. Dumb.

Geeze...
  1. EVERYONE is praising this Muschamp's character and consistency. Matchen, Foley, assistants, players, former players, Spurrier, even McElwain! Everyone is saying that he does things right. He would not sabotage our class because he's got more character than that. Do you remember that he booted Janoris Jenkins before he ever played a game for Muschamp? He voluntarily booted his best player. Whether you agree with him or not, he clearly demonstrated integrity in many of his decisions.
  2. He wouldn't sabotage this class because his name would be mud in the coaching world.
  3. He isn't bitter about what has happened at UF. He said that he was grateful for the opportunity and he understood that it's a bottom-line business. He understood why he was fired and was grateful for the chance.
  4. He wouldn't sabotage the class because he has a ton of money that UF will still pay him and sabotaging the class would certainly put that in jeopardy.
  5. He wouldn't sabotage the class because it would gain him nothing. He wouldn't attract kids to what he's selling (family atmosphere, hard-working, high-character, etc) if he was behaving oppositely.
  6. He wouldn't sabotage the class because he'd be entrusting himself and his future to high school kids. Nah, maybe he forgot about Cook and Lane last year.
He didn't get the job done at UF, but he isn't shady. Some of you people need to take your blinders off. :gah:

There were numerous grips that were lost these last four years.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n127457 said:
This should not be a surprise at all. We kept that loser one year too long. Foley is responsible 100% for not having the balls to do what should have happened last year. Muschamp is the gift that keep on giving. Worst class in how many years? 40? 50? We wasted a whole season because Foley was too much a pussycat. Now we pay the price.

Give it a rest already.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n127520 said:
Give it a rest already.

On what exactly? Recruiting is in the crapper. Do you now why? This class is going to handicap the new guy. Instead of Foley doing the right thing he screwed us. Sorry you want to ignore it or sweep it under the rug. Let's call it for what it is...

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n127540 said:
Originally posted by itsgr82bag8r View Post

Give it a rest already.

On what exactly? Recruiting is in the crapper. Do you now why? This class is going to handicap the new guy. Instead of Foley doing the right thing he screwed us. Sorry you want to ignore it or sweep it under the rug. Let's call it for what it is...

Yes, let's absolutely call it for what it is....... it's called a sandy vagina, and you (and a few others) have a severe case. Do you think your incessant whining about it helps? Get the fvk over it and MOVE ON.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Hey, McCoach already following recruits on Twitter (which is where they spend time). Took that last guy 3 years to figure out how to do that.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n127567 said:
Yes, let's absolutely call it for what it is....... it's called a sandy vagina, and you (and a few others) have a severe case. Do you think your incessant whining about it helps? Get the fvk over it and MOVE ON.

Uhhhh...we are moving into recruiting season. Our recruiting sucks. What the F do you want to do...hold hands and sing kumbaya?

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n127573 said:
Originally posted by itsgr82bag8r View Post

Uhhhh...we are moving into recruiting season. Our recruiting sucks. What the F do you want to do...hold hands and sing kumbaya?

So, naturally, your non-stop whining is very helpful. What most of us "want to do" is to trust our new coaching staff to deal with the situation. What we don't want to do is continually suffer through your girly-man breakdown. For the love of all that's good in this world, STFU about this already & act like an adult.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n127574 said:
So, naturally, your non-stop whining is very helpful. What most of us "want to do" is to trust our new coaching staff to deal with the situation. What we don't want to do is continually suffer through your girly-man breakdown. For the love of all that's good in this world, STFU about this already & act like an adult.

KUMBAYA my lord...KUMBAYA...rainbows and unicorns...your insults do not bother me btw. Funny you are the one acting like the child.

Do you think we're doing ok in recruiting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.