Old article about Hevesy from Miss State

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
:bwahaha:
Coaching is over rated. It's hilarious to read arguments about it. The team with the most talent wins 80% of the time. Coaching isn't the engine that drives the race car. It's the paint job. Recruit or die.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:bwahaha:
Coaching is over rated. It's hilarious to read arguments about it. The team with the most talent wins 80% of the time. Coaching isn't the engine that drives the race car. It's the paint job. Recruit or die.
I think it it is actually 85% according to read and reaction. In other words, we could hire almost any random coach and get 3
loss seasons. Zook really was the exception. he managed to lose to three or four less talented teams a year. but just listening to any interview of him should make his problem obvious.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think it it is actually 85% according to read and reaction. In other words, we could hire almost any random coach and get 3
loss seasons. Zook really was the exception. he managed to lose to three or four less talented teams a year. but just listening to any interview of him should make his problem obvious.

Serious case of the yips.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My buddy from another site, told me that Stricklin has been getting pounded by the big boosters regarding the poor OL play and recruiting under Hevesy. My understanding is Mullenz has been told Hev needs to kill it in recruiting and the Ol needs to be a strength of the team this season or, Dan must fire him.

I for one, will love that day. Hevesy is a terrible OL coach. Many forget that he is the reason the Daz was hired. I believe Hevesy was getting ready to be fired with the Daz running the OL, and, Dan saved him by hiring him at MIss State.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Zook was definitely one of those coaches that could lose with more talent. Even when we won it was because the team willed themselves to overcome Zook' sideline decisions.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
My buddy from another site, told me that Stricklin has been getting pounded by the big boosters regarding the poor OL play and recruiting under Hevesy. My understanding is Mullenz has been told Hev needs to kill it in recruiting and the Ol needs to be a strength of the team this season or, Dan must fire him.

I for one, will love that day. Hevesy is a terrible OL coach. Many forget that he is the reason the Daz was hired. I believe Hevesy was getting ready to be fired with the Daz running the OL, and, Dan saved him by hiring him at MIss State.
As much as I would love to believe this, I just can’t. Why? Grantham is still employed.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
As much as I would love to believe this, I just can’t. Why? Grantham is still employed.

I was thinking the same thing. Strichnine is clueless!. Big Boosters? Maybe big booster? We have a very short list relative to what many fans think we have. Once again more proof of how transient and non-knowledgable the majority of our fan base is. What we are in reality and what the average Gator fan thinks we are is a huge chasm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator