:lol:

Sources: Ole Miss' Kiffin to make $7.5M annually

throwing-money-away.gif

Discuss.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
They can keep him AND Arch Manning....We've got AR15 and someone that actually has some hardware they are bringing to the table...

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
That's good enough for 2nd or 3rd in the west

Gator4Life

Known as A Member.
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2018
I think you can bust on Napier all you want. But I'd rather spend that kinda money taking a chance on him with his record than kiffy! I think back to kiffy running his mouth about UF back when he was at UT and he didn't have anything good to say about our team or the school as a whole so F him. I happy to see no-one hired him away from Old p*ss and hope he has to stay there for a few years to get his mind right!

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Schools are paying $$$ to keep their coaches such as Ol' Piss and Meatchicken State. Kiffen not getting a whiff at any of those schools may be telling more than we know. Fair or not to him, he may still be outrunning some his baggage. Schools other than OP probably aren't ready for a Kiffy. But OP has to keep what they have and they love him.......For now.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Kiffy was BEGGING for another job.

LSU, UF, Okie, USCW, Okie, and ND all said hellz no.

That says it all.
Yup, and the asshat STOPPED RECRUITING because he just knew he was leaving. They are rewarding him for that?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, he’s done a very good job with what was left behind by the previous Ole Miss regime. A lot of naysayers question how he’ll do after Matt Corral moves on. You have to do it with your own players, too, and questions have arisen about his recruiting.

Kiffin can obviously coach offense. Saban swears up and down what a great job he did changing things up at Bama and the numbers at Ole Miss are undeniable.

I do wonder why his name seldom came up for vacancies. Has he not redeemed himself? Is he viewed as too much of a risk? Is the market unconvinced over what he’s done so far at Ole Miss? Ole Miss fans seem very happy with him.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I do wonder why his name seldom came up for vacancies. Has he not redeemed himself? Is he viewed as too much of a risk? Is the market unconvinced over what he’s done so far at Ole Miss? Ole Miss fans seem very happy with him.

i think a lot of it does with exactly this. He can light it up but think many are still hesitant. It may take a division title or more to wash away the perception.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well, he’s done a very good job with what was left behind by the previous Ole Miss regime. A lot of naysayers question how he’ll do after Matt Corral moves on. You have to do it with your own players, too, and questions have arisen about his recruiting.

Kiffin can obviously coach offense. Saban swears up and down what a great job he did changing things up at Bama and the numbers at Ole Miss are undeniable.

He obviously doesn't like it there because he stopped recruiting and surely wanted to move on. Now that he's forced to stay, can he really be good in a job he doesn't want? He was already lazy, this is going to turn it up ten-fold. I really think it's going to get ugly - they are going to have a train wreck of a season next year.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
i think a lot of it does with exactly this. He can light it up but think many are still hesitant. It may take a division title or more to wash away the perception.

That’s one place where value is created. We’ve seen countless examples of guys who screwed up for a variety of reasons only to make big on a second chance. Pete Carroll’s name comes to mind after several failed stints in the NFL.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He obviously doesn't like it there because he stopped recruiting and surely wanted to move on. Now that he's forced to stay, can he really be good in a job he doesn't want? He was already lazy, this is going to turn it up ten-fold. I really think it's going to get ugly - they are going to have a train wreck of a season next year.

That’s an awful mistake on his part if you’re right. Now’s the time for him to prove the character doubters wrong. Quitting on a situation won’t cut it. That tweet of a Louisiana license plate followed by another one of a Texas plate didn’t look good at all.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That’s one place where value is created. We’ve seen countless examples of guys who screwed up for a variety of reasons only to make big on a second chance. Pete Carroll’s name comes to mind after several failed stints in the NFL.

:exactly:. Redemption, Don't worry about PopCorn, Parties, or Co-Eds. Just work and if you're good they'll eventually call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator