Ole Miss, ‘Committed to winning Championships’, giving Kiffin monster contract

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They can keep him AND Arch Manning....We've got AR15 and someone that actually has some hardware they are bringing to the table...

The hardware:
rusty-bolt-1540801.jpg

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Kiffy finally got smart. Saw Mullen make a killing for a decade winning nothing at state, thought hell I can do that too. Plus nobody else wants him. Except Miami. And they're a cesspool.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
But...but...I was told Kiffey hops around from place to place every couple years! It's what he "always" does, I was told!

And now of course the line will change to, the only reason he didn't leave was because no one wanted him. :rolleyes:

Suuuure. That makes sense. That must be the reason he's getting a raise and will make more money than our coach.

Ever since I got back from the re-education camp where I learned more about Napier, I am all-in on that hire and would rather have him than Kiffin.

However, it says right here that.....

LANE KIFFIN WILL HAVE OLE MISS PLAYING IN THE SEC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME NO LATER THAN 2025.

Where they will lose to the unstoppable juggernaut that the Florida Gators will have become by then, but still.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But...but...I was told Kiffey hops around from place to place every couple years! It's what he "always" does, I was told
No one will hire him.

USC lol
LSU lol
UF lol
Okie lol
ND lol

Have their EVER been that many elite jobs open and once? And he was laughed in his face.

Minor leagues:

VT lol
scUM lol

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
No one will hire him.

USC lol
LSU lol
UF lol
Okie lol
ND lol

Have their EVER been that many elite jobs open and once? And he was laughed in his face.

Minor leagues:

VT lol
scUM lol
His name was thrown around in every article about every top vacancy that came up!

It's true that there were no reports of any concrete offers being made, but if there was no real interest then there would've been no need to re-negotiate his contract.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Kiffy was BEGGING for another job.

LSU, UF, Okie, USCW, Okie, and ND all said hellz no.
That says it all.
It's like having a wife that hates you but stays because you have a huge.... wallet. His current class after a relatively successful season is on par with UF's.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
No one will hire him.

USC lol
LSU lol
UF lol
Okie lol
ND lol

Minor leagues:

VT lol
scUM lol
and scum prefers Cristobal so he’s at best second fiddle there as well.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seeing as the last time they won an SEC title in football was 1963 and have never won an official national title, although they claim 3, kind of like some of Bama's bogus titles, I find it hard to believe that they are committed to winning anything.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And now of course the line will change to, the only reason he didn't leave was because no one wanted him. :rolleyes:
Did you hear him seriously rumored for a single one of the openings? Only one I saw mentioned was Miami, and they have been focused on Kristobal this entire time.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Well, he’s done a very good job with what was left behind by the previous Ole Miss regime. A lot of naysayers question how he’ll do after Matt Corral moves on. You have to do it with your own players, too, and questions have arisen about his recruiting.

Kiffin can obviously coach offense. Saban swears up and down what a great job he did changing things up at Bama and the numbers at Ole Miss are undeniable.

I do wonder why his name seldom came up for vacancies. Has he not redeemed himself? Is he viewed as too much of a risk? Is the market unconvinced over what he’s done so far at Ole Miss? Ole Miss fans seem very happy with him.

I think the biggest thing is that they doubt his commitment. He seems to be a me first first, scorched earth kind of guy.

His recruiting at Old Miss has also been Mullen-esk.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Yeah, I’m not sure how you can claim Napier is unproven because his wins are strictly at his only stop and it happens to be a G5 program, but then consider Kiffin to be proven. If you take away LK’s years at his own G5 stop, he’s 50-38 and has only won things like “most embarrassing firing ever” and “how many people are going to say no to him this off-season” awards.

There’s nothing proven about Kiffin other than from time to time he’ll have a great offense.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Yeah, I’m not sure how you can claim Napier is unproven because his wins are strictly at his only stop and it happens to be a G5 program, but then consider Kiffin to be proven. If you take away LK’s years at his own G5 stop, he’s 50-38 and has only won things like “most embarrassing firing ever” and “how many people are going to say no to him this off-season” awards.

There’s nothing proven about Kiffin other than from time to time he’ll have a great offense.
And Urbs only had G5 wins before he came as well. In only four seasons. Just like Napier……

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

It's not like Napier has never been a coach P5 conference. At the very least he knows what it takes. At the most he's had plenty of practice implementing what it takes at Louisiana. I've gone from skeptical to hopeful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.