stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Sid was a lightning rod that kept posters angry all the time. He makes Ava look like Bart. As far as I was concerned Sid was just a strangely bent individual that "normal" people could not stand. I never got the concern with him. Just another idiot on the interweb. If we banned them all we might as well as let the Chinese run the damn thing.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That is somewhat true. Russ recruited me to be a moderator while Sid was busy destroying the board. At that point, I recommended several other posters I thought would be decent mods, such as Slevin. We came to the conclusion at the very beginning of these private discussions that for the good of the entire board Sid had to go. Russ suspended his account, and told Sid to contact him to discuss the situation. Sid never did. Instead, he immediately went above Russ' head to complain, but nothing came of it after Russ explained the situation to his superiors. The board improved infinitely upon his removal, as his supporters scattered like rats, abandoning their loyalty along the way.

I'm sure the a-hole tried pulling the race card with the Sun management.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I remember Q-Tip. Who was the other Sidiot of the round table?
Kuby
33c0561e23ef19e3271db02aaadebcd2.jpg

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sid was a lightning rod that kept posters angry all the time. He makes Ava look like Bart. As far as I was concerned Sid was just a strangely bent individual that "normal" people could not stand. I never got the concern with him. Just another idiot on the interweb. If we banned them all we might as well as let the Chinese run the damn thing.

I cropped your avatar for you. The width messed up the auto resizing for you.
198.jpg

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One nice contribution of Sid's that should be mentioned is was when he would post photos of his harem. Can't really judge their personalities or character, but by virtue of their appearances in photos with Sid, the two best guesses would be either skanky or under the influence of rohypnol. The best of the lot was a sepia lass who looked like a drag version of Carmen Miranda. It became clear at that point that Sid's self-anointed title as the original DC Lothario was not shared by the rational crowd that inhabited the old GSMB. Also, didn't he claim to be an attorney? Any of you Blue Keys remember him? Law?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, he claimed he was a lawyer, but I don't ever remember him claiming he went to UF Law. Not really sure. My rememberer isn't what it used to be.

I think he also claimed to be doing something other than practicing law, which isn't uncommon at all though. Whatever it was, he also claimed to be quite important, hobnobbing with important politicos and other people--he was always throwing names around--which isn't uncommon on the internet either.

5c3c682698f98d8a3f0ee0be9d19f7853d56c810c242f542cc20bdc41882737a.jpg

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A d-bag that talked down about the Gators constantly and was a pretentious, self acclaimed authority on all things Gator (particularly with b-ball). Constantly flamed out every thread and created such a hostile environment that it led to the 1st Great Shutdown of the old GSMB.
He was a pain in the azz. Fvkked up EVERY SINGLE thread. No redeeming value whatsoever.

The rebirth of said board was done sans Sidiot which led to him to lead a legal charge against the Gainesville Sun. This brought the 1st batch of real moderators in Ox, Slevin and somebody else that I forget.
Numbers. I don't remember his screen name, like Gators123456 or something. He was never around. I remember seeing a post one time and wondering who the new guy was and why he was a mod.

I don't remember the board being shutdown because of Sidiot. Every time the board got shutdown it was, as far as I recall, because GS wouldn't update the software. They occasionally used the other excuse, "disruptive posters" almost verbatim each time, but the shutdowns always came after periods of very frequent software related shorter shutdowns. It's better than posting "We don't have any money but we are asking for more."

They were using Shrillary Clinton's IT guy and trying to run the board off a Blackberry.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Dealing with relentless in-comings was a way of life on the old GSMB...

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Numbers. I don't remember his screen name, like Gators123456 or something. He was never around. I remember seeing a post one time and wondering who the new guy was and why he was a mod.
Numbers was around a lot when I first joined GSMB. He faded away about the time I retired, so around 2006 he basically disappeared.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Sid and the losers of the round table. That was atrocious. All the did was complain Billy D didn't recruit enough black athletic ball players. Then when they won back to back they didn't give him any credit. Didn't he say Green's dad was really coaching from behind the scene? Garbage...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wasn't around for the sid days. Can we please bring him back just for fun? Its the off season and it might make for a good thread. If not, then could somebody post a good thread that he ruined just so we can get a good picture of how he was?

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I wasn't around for the sid days. Can we please bring him back just for fun? Its the off season and it might make for a good thread. If not, then could somebody post a good thread that he ruined just so we can get a good picture of how he was?
No. No. No!!!!!!!!!!!!

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
That stupid arrogant circle jerk roundtable ruined that board. **** Sid, Q-Tip, and the rest of the racebaiters.

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015

I think if you polled the membership, they would rather have Alvin back than Sid. It was that bad, and I was only a lurker at the time.

Also trying to remember - was Q-tip just another name for Quasimodo?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
He was an attorney but essentially he handled workplace discrimination cases. He had a yuuuge chip on his shoulders.

He liked to tout how well connected he was in DC and would post pictures of him hob-nobbing at Dem parties. Like cover said, he would post pictures of ladies he hung out with. The funniest part was he always had those poofy pirate shirts on. Every one of his posts were 14 paragraphs at least and would take over every thread. He would kill a thread merely because noone was going to read all his crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.