Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think if you polled the membership, they would rather have Alvin back than Sid. It was that bad, and I was only a lurker at the time.

Also trying to remember - was Q-tip just another name for Quasimodo?
Yes, Qtip was Quasi.

I don't even think it was close between Sid and Alvin. Sid is like 1000 times the douche that Alvin is.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
He also has his traditional profile on Volnation.

Member: gatorsidney
Title: Bull Gator
Last Activity: 02-07-2010 11:34 PM
Total Posts: 33
Add to Ignore List

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Come back Shane (SID) we need you to beat up on.....................;Cant you see how pedestrian the forum has become without you to light the fuse sometimes........We all need someone to hate that actually can reply or provoke. This is like trashing a dead person. Not nearly as fun. We know you lurk. Aaron likes money. Offer the $40 lifetime payment. Tell him Hillary is a **** and the worst candidate ever. You will be embraced like cake at a Weight Watchers meeting.......

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A known side effect of using hallucinogens before 20.

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
That is somewhat true. Russ recruited me to be a moderator while Sid was busy destroying the board. At that point, I recommended several other posters I thought would be decent mods, such as Slevin. We came to the conclusion at the very beginning of these private discussions that for the good of the entire board Sid had to go. Russ suspended his account, and told Sid to contact him to discuss the situation. Sid never did. Instead, he immediately went above Russ' head to complain, but nothing came of it after Russ explained the situation to his superiors. The board improved infinitely upon his removal, as his supporters scattered like rats, abandoning their loyalty along the way.

Dearest GatorJ & Ox - As a long time GSMB member, didn't know all that... maybe cause he was the first turd I IGNORED... is he completely banned or is he posting on the band new GSMB?

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I started getting into the boards back in the early 2000's but I just lurked. I didn't really start posting till 2006. By far, the WORST opposing team trash talking ever came from the hordes of Buckeyes that descended on all Gator Boards with their talk of the "Greatest College Football Team Ever" nonsense. Anyway.

I mostly posted on Swamp Gas, and later got into their version of the lounge and pf. I posted a little on the GSMB but was really turned off by Sid and the Round Table. I can deal with trolls like Alvin. Hell, every now and then, I enjoy a good Alvin beat down. Sid and his crew were different. It was so bad, I just stayed away. Not just the Hitman stuff, it was the incredible condescending attitude and the hijacking of every thread. Everybody was racist, none of our coaches could coach, we stifled the creativity of the few black athletes we had, we wasted scholarships on white dudes, etc. He was terrible. Sid's arrogance was shocking. There were a lot of smart and knowledgeable people posting, and Sid could insult and alienate them all. Basically he ran off lots of good folks simply because they didn't have the time, energy, or interest in fighting with him all the time. Or, good folks would read a few threads and decide they had no interest in posting on the GSMB. Dude was poison.

I stopped posting for a bit (too busy drinking) and Swamp Gas was starting to suck ass and Fighting Gators kept changing and Sid sucked.

Making Ox a mod and getting rid of Sid was the best thing GSMB ever did. That's one of the reasons I started posting there more. Lots of quality posters came back.

Anybody else remember Ox's debate against the Bama fan before the 2009 SEC Championship game?

I did get into it with Quasimodo a couple of times (and pantsed him). With Sid gone, GSMB got better and better. I remember the Carlos Alvarez thread. That was amazing. Then I got sucked into the lounge and pf and became a GSMB chronic, now a GCMB chronic.

I wouldn't mind Alvin coming back (not asking for him to be reinstated, just saying it wouldn't bother me)

I don't ever want to see Sid again. Ever.

F that guy.

Alex.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So it looks like Q-Tip came back to the old board and wants to resurrect the round table. He's trying to spread a rumor that @oxrageous was Sid's alter ego.

http://forum.gatorsports.com/topic/37133-lord-quasimodo-reveals-all/#entry782027

:lol:

My security software just gave me this warning message when I clicked that link:

Deceptive Site!

This web page at forum.gatorsports.com has been reported as a deceptive site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Deceptive sites are designed to trick you into doing something dangerous, like installing software, or revealing your personal information, like passwords, phone numbers or credit cards.

Entering any information on this web page may result in identity theft or other fraud.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It was actually the 2008 game. :dance:

I always hate to do anything to inflate Ox's embarrassing and already over-inflated ego, but the challenge was thrown down a week or so before the game between TideSports and Hamsterville and Ox stepped up and literally wiped his ass with the clown the Bammers put up. It was a monumental thrashing for the ages.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I always hate to do anything to inflate Ox's embarrassing and already over-inflated ego, but the challenge was thrown down a week or so before the game between TideSports and Hamsterville and Ox stepped up and literally wiped his ass with the clown the Bammers put up. It was a monumental thrashing for the ages.

It was fugly on them.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And the best part was that the Gators went on to win the game, arguably the greatest game of the Meyer era - and Tebow's greatest performance. We weren't as lucky in 2009.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Boy, I sure used up a lot of vowels and consonants on that dooshbag, sid. What. A. Tool. Him getting canned freed up many hours I had wasted trying to piss him off....usually successfully. And that twerp Q.Tip was just as bad. I recall his post calling US soldiers "bullet sponges". I believe if I ever met him I'd have knocked the livin' crap out of his smarmy little ass.

See, I'm getting worked up just thinking about those jackasses. Hmmmmmm....maybe we should invite them back, if just for a little bit. Enough to get the juices flowing again.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
See, I'm getting worked up just thinking about those jackasses.
Hmmmmmm....maybe we should invite them back,

Ox won't let 'em back in. They've demanded reparations.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
And the best part was that the Gators went on to win the game, arguably the greatest game of the Meyer era - and Tebow's greatest performance. We weren't as lucky in 2009.
man, I was just a lurker then, didn't even have an account and didn't get to see any of this.

Got a cliff notes version of what was said and what went down?

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Captain also participated in one of those debates for GSMB and embarrassed the poor guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator