Only one way to go now

Bar None Gator

Dec 3, 2016
Hate that we lost, but sometimes it puts things in perspective. We basically start our season in the SEC knowing we got pummeled. That should put a chip on everyone's shoulder. And to add, this can give the team more focus. I'm sure the coaches are telling the players this. It's time to come together and work towards the other goals laid out for the season. Hate sounding like a cliche - but one game at a time. And as long as they show growth each game then we may have a successful season. Erase this game out of the memory. The ego was destroyed and build a new character. Go Gators!

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Thats very noble of you. Problem is, it really doesnt matter how talented this team is. We dont have an offense and we dont have an OC even if we did. Our oline is weak once again and our receivers cant get any separation. Our staff still cant properly evaluate talent. I started the season with a little hope. The fiasco yesterday told me all I needed to know. Maybe one day we will hire a real coach.....then again, maybe not.

Bar None Gator

Dec 3, 2016
Having Scarlett and Calloway back will have an impact. Can't argue the O-line and coaching need severe improvement. But I can only hold out hope that things improve. Like I said, we are starting out near bottom. I will also say this is not the very bottom. Losing to Georgia Southern is the pits. Losing to a respectable Michigan program with a great coach that took the Niners to the Super Bowl is what most predicted anyway.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The coaches don't know how to coach so its an 0-12 year...

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NOTHING points to us winning ANY games this year

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We'll win about 8 games just because the East is so weak.

Mac will continue to get dominated by any and all ranked teams.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We'll win about 8 games just because the East is so weak.

Mac will continue to get dominated by any and all ranked teams.
8 wins is still possible, but you have to wonder if the team has the mental capacity to come back from this. They're being roasted by the media and Franks can't be feeling to confident after getting yanked for a scat back transfer. They could rebound and win 8-9 or totally tank.

Bar None Gator

Dec 3, 2016
If it's an 0-12 year then Mac will be gone. That would be too obvious. I think contractually we are stuck. I'm tired of blaming Foley or Meyer, Muschamp, Mac or Nuss. I still support my Gators though I might not give them as much of my attention come Saturday's. My passion has been tempered down it seems. So this is just my attempt at being positive. Shrugging his shoulders, the once proud gator is off to start out his Sunday with his family where the more important life is anyway. All is not lost, there hope in next week's game. Haha

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Having Scarlett and Calloway back will have an impact. Can't argue the O-line and coaching need severe improvement. But I can only hold out hope that things improve. Like I said, we are starting out near bottom. I will also say this is not the very bottom. Losing to Georgia Southern is the pits. Losing to a respectable Michigan program with a great coach that took the Niners to the Super Bowl is what most predicted anyway.
Exactly! We weren't supposed to win anyways! Take this garbage to swampgas if you think this will be the worse loss we have this year.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
If it's an 0-12 year then Mac will be gone. That would be too obvious. I think contractually we are stuck. I'm tired of blaming Foley or Meyer, Muschamp, Mac or Nuss. I still support my Gators though I might not give them as much of my attention come Saturday's. My passion has been tempered down it seems. So this is just my attempt at being positive. Shrugging his shoulders, the once proud gator is off to start out his Sunday with his family where the more important life is anyway. All is not lost, there hope in next week's game. Haha

I support my gators every week but you must admit with this staff we dont really have an upside. I just dont think they have the smarts to turn this thing around.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I think people could handle a loss to a team like Michigan, there would be some crying about it but nothing to severe. But this team didn't look prepared to compete at all and it's become the norm. Had it not been for 2 fluky pick sixes the score would have better reflected the beat down that actually occurred on the field.

Butters haven't shown anybody in the past couple of years that he is capable of making changes or improving things. Even Pat Dooley can see that. However, I fully expect another Dooley article scolding the fans for being impatient and spoiled in the coming weeks, conveniently forgetting the article he wrote.

Bar None Gator

Dec 3, 2016
I support my gators every week but you must admit with this staff we dont really have an upside. I just dont think they have the smarts to turn this thing around.
It sure doesn't look good. But admittedly there nothing I can do. I see some positive though. Shannon is a good defensive coach. I think he will help develop the defense. I think special teams might still be pretty good. Best punter in the country. Pretty darn good kicker. We blocked a punt yesterday too. The offense is what is disappointing. But I think having Calloway back with Cleveland on the other side will help mix the aerial attack. Goolsby should be used more too. The O coaches have to simplify the game and are hey key to whether we take any strides. I agree they don't look very smart. Hope they have an "aha" moment.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I dont think Calloway comes back and who knows about Scarlett. Even with Scarlett, he will have to gain his own yards without the oline.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We can actually still go down further in our offense and defense rankings which we will....

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Why do you think they will be back? They are susoended from all activities, cant even practice, workout, watch film or attend team meetings.

And not being able to do those things is bad? B/C it is clear that the coaches are not watching film or having meetings or probably not even practicing? that is what you look like if you are working out and practicing:lmao:? How many times do I have to say it: Does not matter the coach, does not matter the players, put on a Gator uniform and a safety will get burned and offensive linemen will whiff on multiple blocks in a single game. So nice to watch some real college football yesterday and see teams not let a D-lineman come free when he is lined up right in front of an O-lineman. Simply pathetic. So you put these givens with an A$$CLOWN of a head coach:nole: and what can you expect? It was clear from year 1. I respect the thread starter's hope but as Burgess Meredith said in "Grumpy Old Men": "You can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which one gets filled first:kiffin:"

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I dont think Calloway comes back and who knows about Scarlett. Even with Scarlett, he will have to gain his own yards without the oline.

He wont get his own yards against the elite defenses - just look at the FSU and Bama games how he was shut down because of our O line. I think Perine's average wasn't much worse than Scarlett's last season. That 3.6 yard mess without Scarlett was just the TV announcers spinning crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator