Only one way to go now

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I dont think Calloway comes back and who knows about Scarlett. Even with Scarlett, he will have to gain his own yards without the oline.
My worst fear came true about Mac yesterday. Just like chump, he is a talent killer. Eddie missed yesterday, Eddie never misses. I guarantee Eddie will miss more. No one gets better under Mac. Callaway and Scarlett will not improve, they will regress.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Here's a hint... it's not the players...
First, I agree Bar None's sentiments are noble, and secondly agree with you, Durty.

But, Bar None, the problems are not one game problems. They are reoccurring problems and it is coming from poor coaching decisions, and refusing to see or not being able to see where the problems generate. Either way, it leaves us here.

I like Mac and I have a tender heart, but I can see. I feel bad for the players.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Take it from me. I was still supporting Mac up until this game. I really believed in what Mac was saying about the team. I thought there was going to be progress. I thought we'd see something, anything...

But that game is simply inexcusable. Instead of seeing improvement even if small, we seemed to actually regress. THINK ABOUT THAT! I will not be played a fool once again. I love the gators, but seeing us get EMBARRASSED on a national stage for everyone to see simply stinks, and Im done with it. This isnt year one or year 2, Its year THREE and nothings changed...we still suck on offense. This has been a problem since TEBOW left.

I don't think the gators will be motivated by this game, because we played Michigan two years ago and got boat-raced by them. We should've been the more motivated team in yesterdays game trying to erase that humiliating loss, yet it seemed that Michigan WANTED IT more. We looked slow, lethargic, and sad. The exact opposite of what a hungry team playing in its first game after a long offseason with a chance for redemption should look like.

Bar None Gator

Dec 3, 2016
Nor does he deserve to come back......
Why? For smoking weed? And this weird credit card buy and sell thing? If so, he should get punished for a game or two, but I don't think the whole season. Unless I am missing something. These kids are just that - kids. He is certainly not setting a high standard, but he should be given playtime once the punishment is done. If he is caught doing something worse then I might agree he should not be allowed back. But in my opinion we all make mistakes and should get the chance to prove we learned from them. Come on. Give him one more chance. :-)

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Take it from me. I was still supporting Mac up until this game. I really believed in what Mac was saying about the team. I thought there was going to be progress. I thought we'd see something, anything...

But that game is simply inexcusable. Instead of seeing improvement even if small, we seemed to actually regress. THINK ABOUT THAT! I will not be played a fool once again. I love the gators, but seeing us get EMBARRASSED on a national stage for everyone to see simply stinks, and Im done with it. This isnt year one or year 2, Its year THREE and nothings changed...we still suck on offense. This has been a problem since TEBOW left.

I don't think the gators will be motivated by this game, because we played Michigan two years ago and got boat-raced by them. We should've been the more motivated team in yesterdays game trying to erase that humiliating loss, yet it seemed that Michigan WANTED IT more. We looked slow, lethargic, and sad. The exact opposite of what a hungry team playing in its first game after a long offseason with a chance for redemption should look like.

I was about to post almost the very same points you just posted. We need some good lawyers to get us out of his contract. Jeremy Foley needs to be barred totally from Gainesville. These coaches might be the worst ever assembled. Foley has all but bankrupted us.
Somebody better act swiftly. Now we are paying many millions of dollars for the damage two inept coaches had done.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Hate that we lost, but sometimes it puts things in perspective. We basically start our season in the SEC knowing we got pummeled. That should put a chip on everyone's shoulder. And to add, this can give the team more focus. I'm sure the coaches are telling the players this. It's time to come together and work towards the other goals laid out for the season. Hate sounding like a cliche - but one game at a time. And as long as they show growth each game then we may have a successful season. Erase this game out of the memory. The ego was destroyed and build a new character. Go Gators!

I wanted to give you a dislike but that's harsh. Erase? How many times are we going to say that under Mac? At some point you have to look at the facts, the truth...REALITY...Mac sucks as a head coach. Winning the crappy East is nothing right now. Getting prison raped repeatedly by Mich, Bama and FSU. Take the feel good crap elsewhere.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It sure doesn't look good. But admittedly there nothing I can do. I see some positive though. Shannon is a good defensive coach. I think he will help develop the defense. I think special teams might still be pretty good. Best punter in the country. Pretty darn good kicker. We blocked a punt yesterday too. The offense is what is disappointing. But I think having Calloway back with Cleveland on the other side will help mix the aerial attack. Goolsby should be used more too. The O coaches have to simplify the game and are hey key to whether we take any strides. I agree they don't look very smart. Hope they have an "aha" moment.

Shannon got abused last night on 3rd and long over and over. He stinks out loud.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
How do you rebound with an inept offense and OC? Aint gonna happen. This offense is just this offense. Anyone and everyone knows the formations and next play to be called. Inferior teams can stuff our run game. Its pathetic.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
Yep, I don't think you just "turn it around" next week. You have to show a little spark to get the fire and there is none in this offense. The defense even looked like the one starting 10 new players instead of Michigan. I don't see how it gets better this year. I also think most if not all of the suspended players will be permanently removed from the team and become that "floating" excuse as to why this team has a mediocre/terrible year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Shannon got abused last night on 3rd and long over and over. He stinks out loud.
Shannon is a pretty average 4-3 cover 2 zone guy. There are hundreds of him.

But he isn't the problem by a long shot.

Things like do we sign a DT vs do we sign another WR, DB or undersized DE are made by the headcoach.

The defense will be soft by design (or neglect). It wouldn't matter who is coaching unless they have a magic wand to add 25-50 pounds to most players. Some coaches use the weightroom to do that but have apparently decide it is optional.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Shannon is a pretty average 4-3 cover 2 zone guy. There are hundreds of him.

But he isn't the problem by a long shot.

Things like do we sign a DT vs do we sign another WR, DB or undersized DE are made by the headcoach.

The defense will be soft by design (or neglect). It wouldn't matter who is coaching unless they have a magic wand to add 25-50 pounds to most players. Some coaches use the weightroom to do that but have apparently decide it is optional.[/QUOTE]

Eating helps too, but I guess we can't afford to feed our players while still paying two different head coaches at the same time.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
The defense outscored the offense 14-3. Do they have issues? Sure, but they put the team in a very good position to beat Michigan. The defense is by far the least of our worries at this point.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The defense outscored the offense 14-3. Do they have issues? Sure, but they put the team in a very good position to beat Michigan. The defense is by far the least of our worries at this point.
They gave up over 400 yards of offense and was gashed repeatedly. If you think that defense was good or even average you don't know football. Speights gave us both of those INTs. They were gifts.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The defense was trash just like the offense. They must have picked up half a dozen 3rd and California's by just handing off the ball. There were 2 fluke plays that occurred giving us easy 6's. But nothing about either of those was due to some stellar defensive play. They were just lucky breaks. The defense was trash, the O was even worse.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
8 wins is still possible, but you have to wonder if the team has the mental capacity to come back from this. They're being roasted by the media and Franks can't be feeling to confident after getting yanked for a scat back transfer. They could rebound and win 8-9 or totally tank.

This is a real problem. This team honestly thought they had the problems worked out. The offense looked the worst it has in the Mac era. I think there is an outside shot that Mac quietly takes more control of the offense and it improves somewhat. However, if the team loses cohesiveness and starts pointing fingers at each other this thing could get real ugly real fast.

Ivey was literally pointing fingers at the end of the game.

We need Mac to have a Meyer on the plane moment and drag this thing back from the precipice.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
He wont get his own yards against the elite defenses - just look at the FSU and Bama games how he was shut down because of our O line. I think Perine's average wasn't much worse than Scarlett's last season. That 3.6 yard mess without Scarlett was just the TV announcers spinning crap.

Malik Davis had a nice 8 yard run. Then he looked incredulous as he ran back to the sideline. I still can't figure out why he came out of the game at that point. Michigan was bringing everyone on the blitz and Davis showed the speed to get it around the end. It makes no sense to pull him off the field and never send him back out.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is a real problem. This team honestly thought they had the problems worked out. The offense looked the worst it has in the Mac era. I think there is an outside shot that Mac quietly takes more control of the offense and it improves somewhat. However, if the team loses cohesiveness and starts pointing fingers at each other this thing could get real ugly real fast.

Ivey was literally pointing fingers at the end of the game.

We need Mac to have a Meyer on the plane moment and drag this thing back from the precipice.

Ivey is the last one who should be pointing fingers as he didn't even touch a guy that was literally directly in front of him on that play and there was no other defender to account for. The QB probably would have been taken off the field on a stretcher if the defender didn't go for the strip instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator