Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Lets go Donnnnkee

Shrekcharacter.jpg

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think they may have avoided a big $ mistake. I doubt Herman would have been a good fit there like he probably will be at Texas.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I guess when you're down in the count 0-2 you stop swinging for the fence??? Remind me again why they fired Les, because with this guy they're even less than with Les.... Saban, Sumlin, Herman, and even Bert will be like Vultures circling the state of La. plucking any recruits that Oger won't get because of probabtion and piss poor on field results.....2 years max.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Translation = jimbo turned them down...

The upside to this scenario is we get 2-3 years of "Waterboy" material, especially in the lookalike threads. Btw- I'm surprised no one ever posted a pic of the blue guy (is it Batista?) in Guardians of the Galaxy. Dead ringer for the ogre.

Just curious - based on this season and the improvement of lswho's offense, anybody think this has "success" written all over it? At the very least, it's a personality match for the corn dogs.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I guess when you're down in the count 0-2 you stop swinging for the fence??? Remind me again why they fired Les, because with this guy they're even less than with Les.... Saban, Sumlin, Herman, and even Bert will be like Vultures circling the state of La. plucking any recruits that Oger won't get because of probabtion and piss poor on field results.....2 years max.

I think Miles was just too hard headed about the offense despite their threats to fire him.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I think Miles was just too hard headed about the offense despite their threats to fire him.
I agree but this guy is a walking NCAA violation waiting to happen. He gets too close with the players and he's not really doing anything different with their offense.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Replacing Miles with Ed O is a joke. Tigerdroppings must be in full meltdown mode.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Avulva gets bent over the negotiation table...again. Nothing more whiney than saying "we weren't going to be held hostage" or "we wanted someone who wanted to be here, not the money". It's the ultimate "we didn't want him anyway". :lmao:

You got totally played, azzwipe. Good luck with your pending probation.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I agree but this guy is a walking NCAA violation waiting to happen. He gets too close with the players and he's not really doing anything different with their offense.

He probably agreed to defer some on the OC and said what they wanted to hear about trying to open the passing game up in the future.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Lmao! LSU is the new Tennessee

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Remind me again why they fired Les, because with this guy they're even less than with Les....

This quote pretty much sums it up for me with an Orgeron hire. LSUck is fixing to be headed back to the days of Dinardo and Hallman.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I have a little bit different take on this. Orgeron is a bigger than life personality. He can recruit with the best of them. He knows what it takes to win. He was at Miami with Jimmy Johnson and at USC with Pete Carroll. He has head coaching experience with 3 years at Ole Miss and interim coach at USC after Lane Kiffin was fired. He has tried to learn from his mistakes. He knows that you have to have a different take on things from being a defensive line coach to being the head coach.

His story is a compelling one and he has overcome a lot of adversity in his life and in his coaching career. His coaching career almost ended and was hanging by a string after the charges were brought against him for domestic violence in Miami. He packed his bags and went north to Syracuse, New York and rehabilitated himself. He's a strong family man now.

Orgeron failed at Ole Miss. Not the easiest place in the world to coach at. If given another year I believe he could have started to make some real progress in Oxford given some of the recruits he brought in there. He worked his butt off at Ole Miss and there is one thing people will tell you and that is nobody works harder than Ed Orgeron. He has toned his act down and with some age and experience Orgeron has become more mature in his sideline demeanor and in his locker room presentation.

He's a good fit for LSU. I don't know if Orgeron will do better than Les Miles. In hindsight I am sure at times LSU will look back and think maybe they should have kept the grasseater. Miles' record at LSU will be hard to beat. He's the second winningest coach in Baton Rouge second only to Charlie McClendon. Orgeron is easy to make fun of, but don't sell the big Cajun short either.

Last edited:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I have a little bit different take on this. Orgeron is a bigger than life personality. He can recruit with the best of them. He knows what it takes to win. He was at Miami with Jimmy Johnson and at USC with Pete Carroll. He has head coaching experience with 3 years at Ole Miss and interim coach at USC after Lane Kiffin was fired.

He is a lifetime assistant coach. That is his ceiling. And he's a good one. Anything more than that is beyond his skill set. Cold and hard but it's true.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
This is why you don't fire your coach in September. There is absolutely no advantage to be gained when you can fire him in November and still be in the hunt for any coach you wish to pursue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator