Orgeron retained at LSU

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I guess when you're down in the count 0-2 you stop swinging for the fence??? Remind me again why they fired Les, because with this guy they're even less than with Les.... Saban, Sumlin, Herman, and even Bert will be like Vultures circling the state of La. plucking any recruits that Oger won't get because of probabtion and piss poor on field results.....2 years max.

He won't have a problem recruiting and they will play salty defense. If he tones his act from the early 2000's down, brings in a good offensive coordinator and stays within the NCAA rules, he may do well there. His experience at Ole Miss should serve him well his second time around.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
He is a lifetime assistant coach. That is his ceiling. And he's a good one. Anything more than that is beyond his skill set. Cold and hard but it's true.

I hope you're right, but Joe gives a compelling argument. Time will tell...

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Karma continues to slap asshat Alleva again and again and he deserves it!

Dump Miles
Force jamming it up UF's azz by being a petulant baby until game gets shifted to LSU, THEN LOSE
Get rebuffed gy Jimbo AND Herman
End up with Waterboy and Kiffie

NCAA should just go a head and sublet office space in Red stick.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
He won't have a problem recruiting and they will play salty defense. If he tones his act from the early 2000's down, brings in a good offensive coordinator and stays within the NCAA rules, he may do well there. His experience at Ole Miss should serve him well his second time around.

This is my view too. Coaching jobs are different and coaching hires are unpredictable.

LSU is a better situation than Mississippi. It is easier to win there.

I have seen many hires that looked good not pan out and I have seen many questionable hires work out fine.

So giving O a shot is probably not a bad hire for them, but it shows that being in such a hurry to get rid of Miles was questionable.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Seeing reports where he is targeting Kiffy for his OC. Hope that is true. Those two asshats feed off of each other and it will mean LSU goes down after 2-3 years. Only reason Kiffy has survived at Bama is simple. SABAN. That ego is not going to let an asshat like Kiffin overshadow him. He keeps his thumb on him. Good luck Orgeramus and Alleva is going to get what's coming.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Seeing reports where he is targeting Kiffy for his OC. Hope that is true. Those two asshats feed off of each other and it will mean LSU goes down after 2-3 years. Only reason Kiffy has survived at Bama is simple. SABAN. That ego is not going to let an asshat like Kiffin overshadow him. He keeps his thumb on him. Good luck Orgeramus and Alleva is going to get what's coming.

Yeah, I agree that hiring Kiffin would not be good for Orgeron for the reasons you mentioned.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They just fired a good recruiter who blew 3-5 years a game.

If they truly MUST HAVE a former Bammer OC, we have one or two we should offer.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
In reply to the thread title.....

mj-laughing.gif

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Everybody's goal is to hire an Urban Meyer or a Nick Saban. I've got news for you. You're not going to find a lot of Urban Meyers or Nick Sabans. For most SEC teams if they get a Phil Fulmer, a Les Miles, a Gus Malzahn then you're probably doing better than expected. What LSU has to worry about is recruiting violations and going on probation. Sometimes your eyes get bigger than your stomach.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
LSU has the worst athletic director in the country....with Tennessee at a very close second.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LSU: Sources tell FootballScoop LSU has moved quickly to lock up Dave Aranda, offering an enhanced contract. LSU believes Aranda will execute the new contract shortly

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.