Our punt teams are the worst I've seen at Florida

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have NEVER seen us try to fair catch a punt inside the 5 yard line. Today I saw it twice! TWICE!

What in the name of Zeus' butthole are we doing on punt teams? We consistently let field-able punts hit the ground and roll another 20 yards, but when they are trying to pin us we just go ahead and pin ourselves. Our ST coach needs to be fired. Seriously. It takes zero athletic ability to stand on the 10 yard line as a returner and simply not back up to catch a punt. This is just poor poor coaching.

And if that weren't bad enough, how many penalties did we commit when it was our turn to punt? And how many return yards did we give up? It was an atrocious performance. I am used to crappy offense at this point but our ST has traditionally been ok. Today was an abortion.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed. Calloway broke every rule of punt returning, like it was his first time. Our punt coverage was atrocious.

Awful coaching.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Actually 3 times. He fair caught one at the 1 yard line, 6 yard line, and dropped one inside the 10 on a fair catch.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure what happened to Callaway today. He's never done dumb crap like he's done on punt returns today. Last year he was one of our only scoring threats for half a season on punt return, so I know he can do it. Inexplicable.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Hell, Calloway did a fair catch at the ONE YARD LINE. I don't think I've ever seen that in my life at any level.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I understand putting Callaway in to try and spark us with a return, but Jesus tapdancing Christ if you're going to just fair catch the ball don't back up! What a total explosive brain fart.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hell, Calloway did a fair catch at the ONE YARD LINE. I don't think I've ever seen that in my life at any level.
Dude he did it TWICE!!!! TWICE! And one was a fumble. I am not exaggerating when I say that I can personally do better than that every day of the week.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just wonder if Callaway wasn't on some kind of pain meds for his quad that had his head all foggy. He sure played like it today on the punts.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Dude he did it TWICE!!!! TWICE! And one was a fumble. I am not exaggerating when I say that I can personally do better than that every day of the week.
If the game had continued he may have tried to top himself with a fair catch in the end zone for a safety. :crazy:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nord should be fired TODAY. This is just out of control. This is THE WORST 2 years of Special Teams we've ever had. Good news - We have a punter and kicker.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Our Special Teams are terrible, We do not even try to block kicks anymore. Nord should have climbed in Calloway's as* for fair catching inside the 10 - the first time he did that nonsense.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Our Special Teams are terrible, We do not even try to block kicks anymore. Nord should have climbed in Calloway's as* for fair catching inside the 10 - the first time he did that nonsense.
Exactly. How can you make the same huge mistake in a game THREE times? It's beyond belief.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Yep we actually topped the Zooker today. I didn't think it was possible.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Man did you guys see that time when we fielded the punt inside the 10? Holy hell!

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nord should be fired TODAY. This is just out of control. This is THE WORST 2 years of Special Teams we've ever had. Good news - We have a punter and kicker.
Yep. Nord should be fired immediately. All of last year is enough to justify firing him, but today is inexcusable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator