Outback Bowl press conference

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
He says that **** just for all of you. You know that,...right?

Last edited:

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014

Iowa should be the ultimate destination for pumpers. They have had only two head football coaches in the last 38 years. Hayden Fry had a 20 year run and Kirk Ferencz has been there for the last 18.

Ferentz went 1 - 10 and 3 - 9 in his first two years at Iowa. This year Iowa lost to North Dakota State at home and went 8 - 4. Ferentz was promptly rewarded with a 6 year contract extension.

In defense of Ferentz, he has made the most of his career in Iowa City. He is a good coach, a low key guy, a true gentleman, and a good fit for Iowa.. He has put his stamp on the Iowa program and Iowa has been patient with him and let him do things his way. This works for Iowa, but it obviously won't work at more aspiring programs. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Hawkeyes beat us in the Outback.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We'd be laughing at his goofy ass if we were winning. Since our offense sucks and he's too chicken**** to clean house, the PCs are just a reminder of our frustration/hate
I understand that. Hopefully things turn around next season. I have a feeling we will see some changes.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
The Two quotes from Mac I found interesting: "The hot dogs we're really good at the bowling event last night...I'm a huge hot dog guy" and the one that pissed me off "When you look at teams around the country Iowa is one you try to be like" :eek3:
Wtf...has Iowa ever done???

http://floridagators.com/watch/?Archive=5119

Disturbing quotes to my estimation. Why make foolish comments about hot dogs, or your opponent.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
If we're believing everything a coach says about their opponent, then here's 2:49 seconds of Saban ranting and using profanity about being scared of Charleston Southern.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we're believing everything a coach says about their opponent, then here's 2:49 seconds of Saban ranting and using profanity about being scared of Charleston Southern.

Did Michigan's coach talk about App State like that some years back.

He would bring Georgia Southern up. :eek:

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, he's doing a hell of a job if he aspires to be like Iowa.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The difference is that I believe that Saban prepares like that. I'm not so sure that Mac prepares the same way.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
f we're believing everything a coach says about their opponent, then here's 2:49 seconds of Saban ranting and using profanity about being scared of Charleston Southern.
Win and it doesnt matter what you say. Noone believes saban b/c they all know he'll win and hes just doing his typical routine. Everyone believes Mac when he says he likes iowa, because his teams play like them on their better days.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Saban and Mac. Right. What a comparison.

People would probably tolerate Butters' Aw Shucks Hee Haw act if he hadn't been blown out twice as many times as SOS, Zook, CUM, and even Chump combined.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Guess what, we already are Iowa

2010-16 record : UF=55-34 Iowa=54-36
Plenty of 0-10-1 Pumptastic types who think that is just fine! Slightly better than .500 and Wait Til Next Year!

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
The difference is that I believe that Saban prepares like that. I'm not so sure that Mac prepares the same way.

I don't believe anybody works as hard as Saban, nor prepares like he does. He is pretty unique and has a good situation until he either retires or (not happening) gets the NFL itch again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator