"Or Freddie Hammond. Or Hammond Organ."

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Think of the thousands of young, talented journalists at the Sun's disposal for these extremely sought-after jobs. Instead, they stick with these guys.

Embarrassing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
"Frankie Hammond continues to be a big-play guy."

"You mean Frankie Swain. (pause) Freddie Swain."

Labels say "Best if Used by 1995".

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Didnt they both go out of their way to defend McElShark?
Even on the day of the firing and even while denying the firing was even a possibility.

Then they both printed stuff saying they knew it all along.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I thought after Kentucky they said we were done?

It's why they play the game.

This is one reason I wish we could watch practice like the NFL...So we could see for ourselves.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Anyone listening to Fooley's radio show with Crucial and Carbozo knows it wasn't just out of their way. It was flying east until they ended up in Tallahassee out of their way.

All those guys have no idea what they are watching during a game. They all repeat what the idiot coaches told them and not what was painfully obvious by the product on the field. No matter the coach, they lick the PEENUS like it is one of the old Blo-Pops trying to reach the bubble gum center!!!!!!!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Is it me, or does Andreu always seem like he just ran up 12 flights of steps and then was told by the producers he'd have to wait until after the show to use the bathroom? He's visibly barely able to breathe and can't even focus on anything other than getting to the nearest stall. It's painful to watch and seems torturous for someone his age.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
"Frankie Hammond continues to be a big-play guy."

"You mean Frankie Swain. (pause) Freddie Swain."

Every time I see these guys doing these things I'm always reminded of this.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
What really angers me is that the Sun is in a prime position to provide insight into the program. They have built a relationship with the school that is over a century old, if not longer. They should have access and sources other outlets would kill for.

But what does the sun provide? These 2 old-fart windbags who watch the game from a press box, then give a crappy podcast stating the obvious, followed up by a bland article or 2 which end with what music they are listening to.

Dooley and Andreau got SMOKED by Ashcroft and Aldoverdi (spelling?) cause those guys out in the work to provide journalism. It the sun didn’t keep them, favoring these bums.

I’d kill to have Dooleys job of spitting out piss-poor effort garbage while getting locker room access. What I won’t do is pay the sun $1 to read his output, which is why the sun is dying.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wait a minute. I get four facepalms and a drunk added to my illustrious record because of these clowns?

I'm filing an official protest.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
What really angers me is that the Sun is in a prime position to provide insight into the program. They have built a relationship with the school that is over a century old, if not longer. They should have access and sources other outlets would kill for.

But what does the sun provide? These 2 old-fart windbags who watch the game from a press box, then give a crappy podcast stating the obvious, followed up by a bland article or 2 which end with what music they are listening to.

Dooley and Andreau got SMOKED by Ashcroft and Aldoverdi (spelling?) cause those guys out in the work to provide journalism. It the sun didn’t keep them, favoring these bums.

I’d kill to have Dooleys job of spitting out piss-poor effort garbage while getting locker room access. What I won’t do is pay the sun $1 to read his output, which is why the sun is dying.

It's why most papers are dying.

What Mullen should do is open up practice to "vetted " journalists...step out of line and you are gone.
It would increase fan support and I think improve recruit interest

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018

What Mullen should do is open up practice to "vetted " journalists...step out of line and you are gone.
Gave you a like :clap:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

vetted journalists who only print exactly that which the SID tells them is exactly why no one reads that crap.

Well, it is also because they print stuff AP wire stuff that's been available for 2 days, just printing that isn't going to make you money anymore.

They need opinion pieces and analysis (not just in sports). They must be vakued added in some way. Why anyone would pay for Dooley and Andreu's "analysis" I don't know.

Guys like the Gators Breakdown podcast and the related read and reaction web page do far more, and these guys work other jobs. I dont always agree with them but their persepctive is refreshing regardless. Of course, the truth is Dooley and Andrieu just arent capable of that level of analysis.

Im not really clear what you mean by vetted journalists would increase fan support. The Drunk Twins and everyone in vetted journalist community spent the last decade polishing turds with no success.

As for recruit interest, they only care about winning and facilities. Our recruiting problem is losing embarassingly and often and facilities that the kids call Section 8 housing. No vetted journalists are going to change that.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dooley posted a video of himself playing the guitar a year or so ago. The guy has lost his damn mind! He really, really needs to hang it up, like Marty Cohen did. He lost his desire to report anything meaningful during the Meyer era and has been simply cashing a check the last 10 years. They should be embarrassed, but because the casual fan's primary Gator info comes from the Sun/Gatorsports they still get clicks and subscribers. Proof of this is that this is the greatest Gator message board in the history of the internet and it only has 1200 members....and it's FREE!! WTF???

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator