Pat and Robbie Live

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
vetted journalists who only print exactly that which the SID tells them is exactly why no one reads that crap.

well also because they print stuff that's been available for 2 days. just printing AP stuff isn't going to make you money anymore. they need opinion pieces and Analysis not just in sports but why anyone would pay for Dooley and Andreu's "analysis" I don't know.

By vetted I mean not printing secrets. Saying the O Line is missing blocks in practice and the coaches are riding them like rented mules would not make the team look bad. Printing the DBs are thin and the youngsters are caught out of position but improving is FACT...

This far in the season, there is nothing another coach can't see on game film.

You could give MSU our playbook...geez, they have had it for 9 years...BUT they don't know what we will call or when?

It's not our system...it's our execution - Just compair 1st half with 3rd qtr last week - SAME TEAM

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
By vetted I mean not printing secrets. Saying the O Line is missing blocks in practice and the coaches are riding them like rented mules would not make the team look bad. Printing the DBs are thin and the youngsters are caught out of position but improving is FACT...
Ok.... maybe I misunderstood what you meant by vetted.

They cutoff access to anyone who prints anything negative. They did it to Gatorcountry a few years ago.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Ok.... maybe I misunderstood what you meant by vetted.

They cutoff access to anyone who prints anything negative. They did it to Gatorcountry a few years ago.

Who is they? Under Chump and Butters MacShark? I would not have expected any less.

I find the Saban "Ban Every & All" too much. Funny the NFL (who generally does not get it) has open practices.

But I'm old school. Are there any secrets? And after kick-off...what maybe one series?

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Winning/facilities/playing time/NFL feeder factory

THIS!

And I am sorry MJM but location has little to do with it.

Saban is pulling kids out of HI. And these kids could give a rats arse what you think of AL. It ain't about you going on vacation. It's about winning and playing in the NFL.

NOTE: LSU (i.e. NFL)

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Dooley posted a video of himself playing the guitar a year or so ago. The guy has lost his damn mind! He really, really needs to hang it up, like Marty Cohen did. He lost his desire to report anything meaningful during the Meyer era and has been simply cashing a check the last 10 years. They should be embarrassed, but because the casual fan's primary Gator info comes from the Sun/Gatorsports they still get clicks and subscribers. Proof of this is that this is the greatest Gator message board in the history of the internet and it only has 1200 members....and it's FREE!! WTF???

That guitar video was too painful to watch. Very embarrassing.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Dooley posted a video of himself playing the guitar a year or so ago. The guy has lost his damn mind! He really, really needs to hang it up, like Marty Cohen did. He lost his desire to report anything meaningful during the Meyer era and has been simply cashing a check the last 10 years. They should be embarrassed, but because the casual fan's primary Gator info comes from the Sun/Gatorsports they still get clicks and subscribers. Proof of this is that this is the greatest Gator message board in the history of the internet and it only has 1200 members....and it's FREE!! WTF???

I am asking this seriously BMF, but did Marty throw in the towel? When I lived far away I used to look forward to my weekly GatorBait mag and always appreciated Marty's view, even if I did not agree. I thought he was still somehow doing something along the same lines, but if you know anything please let me know.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I see Marty on FB from time to time. I think he's freelancing. Same graduating UF class.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
vetted journalists who only print exactly that which the SID tells them is exactly why no one reads that crap.

I have a good friend who was formerly a beat writer for UF. He confirmed to me years ago that if you step out of line with the SID, you're done. He never got to ask another question in his last year at UF (doing the beat as a student) because he asked Muschamp a hard question.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I am asking this seriously BMF, but did Marty throw in the towel? When I lived far away I used to look forward to my weekly GatorBait mag and always appreciated Marty's view, even if I did not agree. I thought he was still somehow doing something along the same lines, but if you know anything please let me know.

He "retired". He wrote a long "last article" on 247's UF page and he moved (I can't remember where). He's no longer living in Gainesville or covering UF sports.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
THIS!

And I am sorry MJM but location has little to do with it.

Saban is pulling kids out of HI. And these kids could give a rats arse what you think of AL. It ain't about you going on vacation. It's about winning and playing in the NFL.

NOTE: LSU (i.e. NFL)
I’m not arguing that kids won’t go there. I said if you can get them to spend 4 years in Tuscaloosa, you can get them to go anywhere. They may have the greatest facilities on the planet, but that state is still a sh*thole other than their dozen miles of coastline.

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I’m not arguing that kids won’t go there. I said if you can get them to spend 4 years in Tuscaloosa, you can get them to go anywhere. They may have the greatest facilities on the planet, but that state is still a sh*thole other than their dozen miles of coastline.

And the mountains and the lakes.

I'd take Gulfshore over Miami any day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator