Pat Dooley's "Screw You" to Gator Fans

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Tooley is useless when it comes to giving an opinion regarding any sport. He is fine writing a factual article such as the final score, the stats, the important plays, etc., but when he gives an opinion, he shows his true lack of knowledge (though he is entitled to his opinions). With that said, the pumpers are completely out to lunch and do not clearly listen to those of us who say Butters sux a$$ as a head coach. For the most part, most of us are not complaining that the offense is not putting up 80 points a game and 900 yards a game. We are not complaining that the defense gives up 400 yards a game. We are complaining about BASIC FUNDAMENTALS OF FOOTBALL and ATTENTION TO DETAIL!!!. An offensive line that has gotten no better, collectively or individually in the 30 games under Butters. Zero pass plays to a RB isolated on a LB to try and help the QB out!. Lazy Routes run by the WR's!. Missed assignments and blown coverages too often on defense in 30 games. Unable to play winning defense last week (see 2 play drive, 75 yards, 6 minutes to play in 4th, 10 point lead). Punts being caught on the goal line! Other special team issues, outside of individual punter and kicker.

And most importantly, I beg the pumpers to stop with the "you have to give him time to get HIS type of player here" The last time I checked everyone and I mean EVERYONE is recruiting the exact same guys. So please stop with that!!!!!!

Also, please stop with the suspended players excuse. Of the suspended players only 3, I repeat THREE, would have seen the field in a meaningful way. Davis, on the D line, would have helped in the rotation and he has actually improved since he has been here. Callaway might have helped in punt return, provided he did not field punts inside the 10 yd, line, but I doubt he makes a huge impact on offense with our O-line and play calling. And Scarlet would have made ZERO difference IMO. He is not a game breaker and he stinks in blitz pickup. but in his defense, no one, not even the great Jim Brown could run behind this O-line. The only RB in the history of the NFL who could marginally run behind this O-line is Barry Sanders. He was all too familiar with getting hit in the backfield repeatedly and making something happen. But I don;t think that Scarlett would ever be confused with Barry Sanders

Last edited:

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Oh I don't care about all the bashing. I like Dooley and Robbie. We could do a lot worse, just look at the Slantinel, they have Mikey.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Dooley said he heard or read people wishing for LDR?
200w.gif

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was going to write a response to his article but I think this guy's comment sums it up for me pretty well....

Steve September 21, 2017 at 7:33 am

I can(and did) enjoy the great ending to the last game, it will forever be in my memory. But it makes UF fans uneasy knowing that if Butch Jones weren’t UT’s coach, or mediocre UT doesn’t drop either of two TD passes or Kelley doesn’t get the taunting penalty, or they miss 3 FGs, you get the picture. And watching offenses like Maryland, Okie State, Oklahoma, etc., cruise up and down the field with ease makes it tougher to now be in our EIGHTH consecutive season of putrid offense. I don’t think being unhappy about that is “spoiled”.
BTW, Mac fed the beast by saying preseason that the OL is “the strength of our team”. That he didn’t know his own team is alarming, isn’t it, Pat? I saw that they WEREN’T much improved in the spring game, where the #1 O couldn’t run on the #2 D. And everyone BUT Mac knowing he should have called timeout there is disturbing as well. To his credit, he took responsibility for that, and to his luck, Cleveland got behind the secondary(thanks, Butch).
As for Franks, most reasonable fans(there are SOME, Pat, though you love to denigrate UF fans), most of us understand that he’s an uber-talented FR who just needs PT, some good playcalling, and talented players around him executing. Go Gators.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
If fans are expected to be happy whether we win or lose, why even bother trying to win? Just lose and be happy with it.
It's another example of "getting used to the dark." He's always been and always will be an apologist for the status quo or the coach that is here at the time. He was solid for the Chump and, of course, Fooley. He's always pointing to the fact that he was here when we were really terrible.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I enjoy reading any articles or hearing podcasts by anybody covering the Gators. The problem with Dooley's material is that he's just boring now. I don't dislike him like most of you. I just don't think he has a good take on the team anymore. Dooley, Alboverdi, Cordozo and Andreu are too close to the program and don't want to lose access. So they either refuse to tell the truth or are in denial because their "friend", the coach, doesn't want to lose his job. Everybody and their grandmas know that Nuss should have been fired already. It's not a rational take on our team. To the poster that said that gtfo of here. Go to Swamp Gas with the other delusional Gator "fans". Dooley needs to get with it. No fans would be mad at him for writing an article and telling the truth.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
You know who Dooley sounds a lot like in this article?

@stephenPE

And when you think about it....

PE....Pat DoolEy

Pat Dooley = 9 letters
StephenPE = (you guessed it) 9 letters

:eek:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Who in their right mind would think it was a good idea to write this article? :facepalm:

Side note- this pic he used of recruits celebrating is pretty awesome, not gonna lie.

View attachment 7214

(Tyquan Thornton bottom left is only one I recognize)

Iron Mike in the Black Nike hat seems to be enjoying his time in the swamp.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
You know who Dooley sounds a lot like in this article?

@stephenPE

And when you think about it....

PE....Pat DoolEy

Pat Dooley = 9 letters
StephenPE = (you guessed it) 9 letters

:eek:
Outed...............you are dead to me, TransJ..........but to be honest I can write better than Pat and don't need to descend into uninteresting personal anecdotes..............mine are always interesting. Pat is ok. he is between a rock and hard place. maybe time for new blood.

fkzdiceman

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was listening to Pat on the radio on my drive home from work the other day. One of the whack job fans that call in was ranting about being a true fan and I swear Pat said he was not a fan of the Gators. I can understand not wanting to be a homer, but to say you aren't a fan. I thought that was strange.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Mikey irritates the hell out me. At least he gets a reaction. Dooley puts me to sleep. I avoid his articles at all costs.

Years and years ago I waited impatiently for Sunday morning, made a special trip to a specialty newsstand, and paid a premium for the Sunday Sun. I haven't picked up a copy, or read on-line anything Gville Sun in forever. If Dooley comes on sports talk radio I switch to classic rock.

Last edited:

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Outed...............you are dead to me, TransJ..........but to be honest I can write better than Pat and don't need to descend into uninteresting personal anecdotes..............mine are always interesting. Pat is ok. he is between a rock and hard place. maybe time for new blood.

We need your playlist PE. :grin:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
9:30 2nd comes out to play
10:05 K comes out play
10:45 4th comes out play
11:35 1st comes out play
12:35 3rd comes out and play
1:30 5th comes out to play.
different list for my other school

Users who are viewing this thread