Pease Trolling Florida

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Wow...I actually kind of laughed at the thought of him saying this, must have not gone on his daily nature walk.

Former Florida offensive coordinator Brent Pease, now a wide receivers coach for Washington, recently said the coaching turnover at the wide receiver position is a key element of the Gators' struggles.

"It's hard. There's no consistency," he said. "You've got to feel for the kids, what they're being taught and what their development is."

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well, Brent, we felt so bad for what the kids were being taught while you were here that we threw you to the curb. Thanks for playing.

zmhwtt.jpg

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Surprised he would even make a comment like that but when you take out the 70 OT yards against KY we have a worse offense this season than at the same point last season.Washington is struggling also but I think the cupboard was kind of bare for their new coach.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Trolling = telling the truth?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Absolutely nothing inflammatory about that comment. AT ALL. Just making some observations.

Also, I still contend that all 3 of chump's OCs didn't/haven't resembled what they did the previous year before their arrival. Until proven otherwise, I'm convinced that chump's choker collar has prevented the OCs from opening up the playbook past pg 2 entitled, "pass on 3rd and long." So, I'm not sure I understand any animosity toward the previous 2 hostages.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Pease was obviously hand cuffed then made a scapegoat.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
CGgater;n92313 said:
Absolutely nothing inflammatory about that comment. AT ALL. Just making some observations.

Also, I still contend that all 3 of chump's OCs didn't/haven't resembled what they did the previous year before their arrival. Until proven otherwise, I'm convinced that chump's choker collar has prevented the OCs from opening up the playbook past pg 2 entitled, "pass on 3rd and long." So, I'm not sure I understand any animosity toward the previous 2 hostages.

My thoughts too.

3 OC's and the common denominator = Muschamp & Driskel

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There's talent here. The coaching staff does an ABYSMAL job of developing talent. Here's to hoping.

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n92341 said:
There's talent here. The coaching staff does an ABYSMAL job of developing talent. Here's to hoping.

Don't disagre with the lack of development but the talent is not there. You could spend a lot of threads discussing why and who could do the most with this group, but the talent level of this team is Ole Miss circa 1980's. A few stars and a lot of ordinary Joe's.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Robinson, Fullwood, Sousa, and Worton would be a dream line up for any college team. I think Thompson and Bailey are talented as well. Particularly Thompson. He was killing it in the summer. I'm not sure why he hasn't seen the field this year.

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
i hope you're right and I'm wrong but I see all those guys as unproven at best, average talent at worst and thats just one position group. Gators are small on both lines, no depth at LB, unproven frosh at QB, and MAYBE some solid DBs. this could take some time to rebuild. champ had some significant recruiting misses.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I have no problem with what he said. Seems like a simple, well-known fact to me

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe chferg is trolling us

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Not being a coach but understanding process quite well I think you coach receivers to do the following:

Run the correct route correctly every time.
Adjust to the defense as you are told to do.
Block appropriately on running plays.
Catch the ball - this might include how to adjust to throws that are not perfect.
Motivation.

Seems like it would be the same for whatever coach you have. Now some teach better than others.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n92349 said:
Robinson, Fullwood, Sousa, and Worton would be a dream line up for any college team. I think Thompson and Bailey are talented as well. Particularly Thompson. He was killing it in the summer. I'm not sure why he hasn't seen the field this year.

A bit overstated, no?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorJ;n92349 said:

I'd kind of disagree on Sousa, Worton and Thompson. To me, they are fillers that we grabbed with the hope of them becoming stars. I don't put 100% stock in recruiting rankings, but I think offer lists tell you a lot, especially in areas known for talent. Those 3 had very average offer lists, meaning most of the bigger schools either didn't see them as scholarship worthy or at least were in a wait-and-see mode with bigger fish. I'm not knocking them at all, and they could still end up being great for us. But of those mentioned, only Robinson, Fulwood and Bailey were really sought after by most of the power schools.

So there is some merit to the idea that we aren't at championship level in talent. Now, that's entirely on WM's shoulders as he's had the time to land bigger stars and has failed. But I do think there's enough for the right coach to win with. I mentioned Cornelius, Caldwell and Baker last week as the bridge that Meyer used to get Murphy, Harvin and Cooper. Spurrier used what he had to ultimately land the stars of the mid-90s. The right coach could do the same.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n92385 said:
I'd kind of disagree on Sousa, Worton and Thompson. To me, they are fillers that we grabbed with the hope of them becoming stars. I don't put 100% stock in recruiting rankings, but I think offer lists tell you a lot, especially in areas known for talent. Those 3 had very average offer lists, meaning most of the bigger schools either didn't see them as scholarship worthy or at least were in a wait-and-see mode with bigger fish. I'm not knocking them at all, and they could still end up being great for us. But of those mentioned, only Robinson, Fulwood and Bailey were really sought after by most of the power schools.

So there is some merit to the idea that we aren't at championship level in talent. Now, that's entirely on WM's shoulders as he's had the time to land bigger stars and has failed. But I do think there's enough for the right coach to win with. I mentioned Cornelius, Caldwell and Baker last week as the bridge that Meyer used to get Murphy, Harvin and Cooper. Spurrier used what he had to ultimately land the stars of the mid-90s. The right coach could do the same.

I think Sousa and worton could be under the radar guys. Especially sousa, you don't lead the entire state in receiving yards by accident two years in a row.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.