Percy Harvin: Trevon Grimes can be a monster

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
I really need to see mullet open up his playbook, bubble screens aren't going to get those guys monster seasons or make opponents fear them. Need real passing patterns and something o v e r the m i d d l e. Teams stack the box and their DB's play tight on the line on the corners because they know what to defend.

And as mentioned, our Oline has not been good recently, they really need to step up their game! Hold those blocks long enough for the plays to develop and allow the receivers to run longer routes. This is where I expect to see the new S&C pay off the most.

Can't wait for season to start!

Go Gators
Carib
I saw one of the MSU commentators say that Mullen insisted on throwing the deep ball there in spite of the fact that they did not have the type passers and WRs that UF now has. Makes me feel that UF will complete those deep passes that MSU attempted but missed on. Will put more pressure on opposing defenses.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Carib
I saw one of the MSU commentators say that Mullen insisted on throwing the deep ball there in spite of the fact that they did not have the type passers and WRs that UF now has. .
It is the one thing Franks does well.

We will see.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Everyone will be waiting for Franks to go long because it is his only strength.

And when the defense plays for the deep ball all our running attack will chew them up. Big time.

Franks will be improved. Not great but improved. It’s amazing what outstanding receivers and backs can do for a QB’s production and confidence. He will make some mistakes but he will also make some huge plays. He is surrounded by top notch talent.

Franks and Trask will hold it down until EJ is ready to take the reins.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
And when the defense plays for the deep ball all our running attack will chew them up. Big time.

Yeah...that's my hope. I just don't have confidence that Franks has it upstairs to know when to hand off and not throw into triple coverage.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You can't go deep consistently and Franks isn't consistent with the deep ball to begin with. What he is, is less inconsistent with the deep ball than everything else, which isn't saying much considering everything else is abysmal.

He's a tiny speck of our future and likely none of it after Oct. 1.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You can't go deep consistently
577431b274ea8.image.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We are a QB away from having a National Championship offense!!!!
:rolleyes4:

Maybe this dude knows bouncy ball.

No, we are an OL away from having a mediocre offense and hit or miss defense.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
:rolleyes4:

Maybe this dude knows bouncy ball.

No, we are an OL away from having a mediocre offense and hit or miss defense.
Nah, I think our Oline will be so much better under Mullen. Mac had just **** filled blocking schemes and plays. I like our talent and we should see marked improvement for sure

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Apparently Mullen likes what he is seeing from our QBs or he likely would have taken one of the transfers that were available. I hope it doesn't come back to bite him. We need a consistent QB who can play smart. I really hope he doesn't red shirt EJ. I think we are gonna need him.

He will only redshirt him if we don't "need" him, that is how it works. Now I hope that we won't need him, and he has a year to adapt to college football.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Jessie was a hat backwards guy. That explains a lot.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'll believe we've got the oline to make some noise when I see the proof on the field. Remember last year when the oline was the "strength of the team"?

Heard that almost every year since 2012, still waiting for some proof.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads