Personalities Piling On Mac

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I've heard Dan Patrick went off on Mac.
Bianchi ripped on the story.
SDS has the whole article Mac may be fired.
Chuck Oliver begins with this story, and rips not having more info. Points to Sumlin providing the racist letter he received...Oh and mentioned that Muschamp didn't even say things like that after he lost at home to Vandy and Georgia Southern
Steve Russell from what little I heard, seemed to try and play midfield, but definitely was not shutting down negative conversation. Usually, he would think this type of conspiracy would be a bridge too far.

Anyone else know of anyone on either side?

I mean besides Greg McElroy who is a big Mac guy and Gator Hater

The point to me starting this thread is many people believed this makes us as fans look terrible, but there are plenty of outlets that have flipped this from "Florida fans suck" to "WTF did Mac do?" I'm really surprised by the change in this story. Makes me believe the UAA memo was put out to protect the University, Alumni, and fans.

Please add anyone for either side. This might be the craziest off the field story for a coach in over a decade...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This will keep growing probably. He better hope he pulls off a Georgia upset or it will weigh on him even more.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
In my opinion, the university is responsible for “flipping” the media on this by the press release they put out saying Mac provided no details. That was the dog whistle to the media that this is a pile of bs.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You know it's the beginning of the end when the Gainesville media doesn't feel threatened to not be negative to stop the negative. Happened with Zook, Muschamp and now McElwain.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Additions:

Dooley: Not going the Hayes route, but very skeptical

Abolverdi: What did Mac say? Let me swing on that shark smelling ****.

Caller called out Zach......dude crapped his pants and said the caller made a stupid statement as they went to commercial to reassure himself.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This over-his-head trapped animal is demonstrating not just that he's a wuss HC but that he has absolutely zero Gator loyalty. Mac does not belong here and neither do his compatriots. Mac should be summarily dismissed without buyout for harmful acts against UF.

Surely Mac's statement denigrating UF plus his refusal to co-operate with UF Administration to protect its charges, violates his contract. Impeding an investigation into a crime has to violate some moral behavior clause. Pin this whiny fool to his consequences. Mac has shown that he'd take down UF just to garner victim-sympathy for himself. Mac has placed UF in a very harmful bind. We are trapped. There's no replacement hire that will come here with his abrupt departure. Was it Mac's plan to show he can hold us hostage?

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I've heard Dan Patrick went off on Mac.
Bianchi ripped on the story.
SDS has the whole article Mac may be fired.
Chuck Oliver begins with this story, and rips not having more info. Points to Sumlin providing the racist letter he received...Oh and mentioned that Muschamp didn't even say things like that after he lost at home to Vandy and Georgia Southern
Steve Russell from what little I heard, seemed to try and play midfield, but definitely was not shutting down negative conversation. Usually, he would think this type of conspiracy would be a bridge too far.

Anyone else know of anyone on either side?

I mean besides Greg McElroy who is a big Mac guy and Gator Hater

The point to me starting this thread is many people believed this makes us as fans look terrible, but there are plenty of outlets that have flipped this from "Florida fans suck" to "WTF did Mac do?" I'm really surprised by the change in this story. Makes me believe the UAA memo was put out to protect the University, Alumni, and fans.

Please add anyone for either side. This might be the craziest off the field story for a coach in over a decade...
after we lose 44-0 Saturday adios :butters:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This was on the 247 board:

Just heard on 740AM sport talks radio that there is increasing buzz from multiple sources that Coach Mac wants out of Florida and Florida wants him out. And the death threats were entirely made up.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Weak, like a pack of wild dogs. Don't do **** until someone else does..

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Frank Frangie and everyone on the 4 on show was saying they didn't believe him either. Frangie did say he didn't feel like it was a fireable offense but that it most likely leads to him being dismissed

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Frank Frangie and everyone on the 4 on show was saying they didn't believe him either. Frangie did say he didn't feel like it was a fireable offense but that it most likely leads to him being dismissed

Well this could let UF negotiate down any buyout, if McElwain does not get another job.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Mac.PNG

Front page on MSN.com

(it's a link to the Bianchi article)

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

I read the article. This is the first sentence,

"Florida coach Jim McElwain will provide details about death threats he said he has received if the situation "becomes unmanageable."

If it becomes unmanageable? What the hell does that mean? He brought the players into this. How is he going to protect them when they go back to their dorms? How is the university going to protect them since this dumba$$ has refused to cooperate which I assume is what is going on since he stated he'll provide details. Meaning, he hasn't yet and won't until he deems it necessary. Is he suddenly a cop now? Someone fire this guy! NOW!!!

Last edited:

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
This whole thing is bizarre to say the least. The University did not give McElwain any support when it put out the statement that he provided no further details about the death threats. If there were really death threats and this is the only support McElwain gets from his administration then he has a right to be mad and this would force him to say "you can have this job see you later alligator. I will leave now if you want me to". I don't believe the university would brush something of this magnitude aside if there was anything to it.

If the threats were not credible threats then McElwain has either flipped out or he is deliberately trying to hurt the university.

It's a puzzle and it will be interesting to see how the pieces fall into place with each of our remaining games. But McElwain has dug himself into a pretty deep hole with not only the Florida fans but also with his own administration. If he loses the support of his team then he is in an awful bad place.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What a sad, sorry saga. I'm personally embarrassed at what has transpired these last couple of days, not to mention what we've seen since the latter part of McElwain's first season. The personalities should be getting on him. If there was a shred of professionalism and competence, we'd have never had this situation come up, but as it stands, if he did possess the aforementioned characteristics post-presser, he should be offering at most a meager buy-out proposal AFTER he apologizes for concocting this estiércol de caballo and besmirching the school, team, boosters, and fans. But that won't happen. Like the side-show huckster he has revealed himself to be, he'll simply fold up the tent, load the animals, and slink out of town. Problem is, there'll still be livestock scat and hay to be cleaned up. Nevertheless, sooner is better...and take JF with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator