Personalities Piling On Mac

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe the death threats he was referring to was the impending massacre at the WLOCP?

Before the past few days, I actually thought this would be a tight game for 2 or 3 quarters. Now I think were gonna get smoked. Like 41-7 smoked or something crazy. Then, at that point, you will know McElwain has lost the players as well. Then god knows what happens the following week when they have to travel to Mizzou.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
What a sad, sorry saga. I'm personally embarrassed at what has transpired these last couple of days, not to mention what we've seen since the latter part of McElwain's first season. The personalities should be getting on him. If there was a shred of professionalism and competence, we'd have never had this situation come up, but as it stands, if he did possess the aforementioned characteristics post-presser, he should be offering at most a meager buy-out proposal AFTER he apologizes for concocting this estiércol de caballo and besmirching the school, team, boosters, and fans. But that won't happen. Like the side-show huckster he has revealed himself to be, he'll simply fold up the tent, load the animals, and slink out of town. Problem is, there'll still be livestock scat and hay to be cleaned up. Nevertheless, sooner is better...and take JF with him.
Speak English for us illiterates.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Around the Horn just went 4 for 4 against Mac using words like "tension" and"untenable". What happens if the team backs him and beats the puppies?

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Around the Horn just went 4 for 4 against Mac using words like "tension" and"untenable". What happens if the team backs him and beats the puppies?

WOW. See, I think there is a slight chance we win. But see when Champ beat UGA and how many weeks he had left. I've been adament that Mac should get another year, but this is getting bad between him and the admin.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
This was on the 247 board:

Just heard on 740AM sport talks radio that there is increasing buzz from multiple sources that Coach Mac wants out of Florida and Florida wants him out. And the death threats were entirely made up.

Where is 740 out of?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'd expect Stricklin to make a public statement to the effect of "Thanks...now GTFO."

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Same as 2014. Laugh, point, show your children how much of a loser men look like in red pants, chant "It's great to be" on the way out of the stadium...and then still recognize the realities of the situation and insist that JM is dismissed on Monday.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing will be done. Mac will stay. Stricklin is the deer in headlights now. Mac has forced the issue before the AD is ready to act. Believe it or not, Mac wins. We can only stand by and watch.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Just had a meeting today with two nice folks from Tennessee. Who, after our meeting, were happy to point out they will be getting a new coach (McGruden they called him) which we are stuck for at least another year. And I couldn't argue.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
First big crisis of the Stricklin administration. Will be interesting to see how he handles it. His response so far has been pretty quiet given the magnitude of the story.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Nothing will be done. Mac will stay. Stricklin is the deer in headlights now. Mac has forced the issue before the AD is ready to act. Believe it or not, Mac wins. We can only stand by and watch.

I feel you are correct. I hope not, but there is no reason to think otherwise.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
First big crisis of the Stricklin administration. Will be interesting to see how he handles it. His response so far has been pretty quiet given the magnitude of the story.

Picking up right where the former AD left off and just making sure our football program stays in the SHYYTTEER where Fooley drove it head first. The only thing I hope is happening that we are not hearing is that Fooley's puppet has made it abundantly clear to the national association of AD's that Butters is available and all requests to speak with him will be granted, but please give me a courtesy call just to make it look good!!!!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Cohen: McElwain’s Remark Embarrassing, Infuriating
In one off-hand remark, Florida head coach Jim McElwain tarnished and smeared not only his football team, but an entire athletic program, university and heck, Gator Nation

https://florida.247sports.com/Article/Cohen-McElwains-Remark-Embarrassing-Infuriating-109450630

It was one more subdued Monday media opportunity from Florida head coach Jim McElwain, whose enthusiasm seems to have disappeared since his team got royally kicked by Michigan in the season opener, a deflating setback that broadsided his bravado and canned his cocky swath of confidence.

His team was getting ready for its match this Saturday with Georgia, a Last Chance Texaco to salvage a season that has spun off the rails since Labor Day weekend. It was another 20 minutes of not saying much, until he basically, in an off-handed manner, said everything. With about five minutes left before he was done, he dropped a bombshell, almost causally mentioning that there have been death threats made to either himself, his family or some players, in the midst of this 3-3 season.

Whoa, that’s some serious stuff, much more of a human concern than an inability to convert third-and-5. But then McElwain backed away, refused to elaborate for even an instant, just leaving it out there as if he said he may have a trick play or two up his sleeve for Saturday (which would really have been a hard to believe tale).

Evidently this death threat assertion had blindsided everyone, because he apparently refused to provide any information to his athletic administration bosses, who were forced to release a terse response in a vague statement. And he obviously never informed the authorities, even though a death threat of any substance certainly would warrant some police assistance, right? He seemed annoyed when prodded about this serious assertion and danced around the viral topic again today on the SEC coaches’ conference call.

The fallout has been swift and extreme, his reluctance to be any more forthcoming simply infuriating because in one toss-away moment, he had just thrown the football program, the entire athletic department, the university, heck all of Gator Nation, under the bus.

He had just made us all (yeah I include myself, a Gator grad) look really, really, really bad, like we’re part of some lunatic fringe that threatens athletes and coaches when the football team goes .500. Immediately, the calls, texts and e-mails started pouring in and who knew how to respond because – let’s call it like it is, to use one of McEwain’s pet expressions – we had no idea if there was any truth behind his allegation.

Either way, by strangely choosing to go public with a matter he seemingly didn’t want public, McElwain just tarnished the University of Florida brand worse than any Seminole or Bulldog could imagine. He made anyone remotely associated with this great institution vulnerable, causing a national stir that is severely damaging to Florida’s reputation.

Not to mention what he has done to the football program, giving fodder to the negative recruiting that all coaches readily acknowledge exists, but will never admit to doing themselves. And of course this comes on the heels of multiple national embarrassments since McElwain took over – a starting quarterback booted off the team for PED use, a star wide receiver who can’t keep himself out of trouble, nine players suspended amid allegations of credit card fraud – not to mention a forever mouthy group of players who can’t stop trash talking no matter how many times they get the words shoved down their throat.

The Gator Nation is seething right now and it has nothing to do with the pathetic offense that McElwain has overseen for 33 games or the eight times his team has lost by double digits. Nope it’s about his irresponsible off-hand remark that could yield severe across-the-board repercussions and may come back to bite him deeper than any shark could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.