Personalities Piling On Mac

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Kudos to you Marty for having the Nads to say it. As we say in the old country, Mazel Tov my fellow tribe member!!!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is an important day for Jim McElwain’s future as Florida’s coach

http://gridironnow.com/jim-mcelwain-future-as-florida-coach/

It’s the moment of truth for Jim McElwain. Specifically, it’s the moment for truth. His job should hang in the balance.
Frank Frangie

McElwain is expected on the weekly SEC coaches’ teleconference Wednesday, along with the league’s other 13 coaches. And during his 10 minutes, he probably isn’t going to get a lot of questions about Tyrie Cleveland’s injured ankle.

Assuming McElwain or school officials do not address his claim from Monday that he and his family received death threats from angry fans before the teleconference, McElwain will be under the brightest figurative spotlight of his career. I have to believe most questions will be follow-ups to the comments he made Monday.

By now, you probably have heard or read his comments from the news conference that day. When explaining the way some have shown anger about the Gators’ struggles, he said “the hard part is, obviously, when it’s threats against your own players, death threats to your families, the ill will that’s brought upon out there.”

McElwain did not expound on the comments. Later, school administrators went to him, which prompted a statement from the university saying in part, “Our administration met with Coach McElwain this afternoon and he offered no additional details.”

The disconnect between the coach and school administration has become a major story. The end result has been speculation all around. Speculation that McElwain lied or at least embellished the story. Speculation that the administration was angered by his lack of detail, hence the final words of the release. And the most damaging speculation at all – that McElwain and his bosses are at odds. That usually results in termination of employment, one way or another, at some point.

Because of all of this, it is vital that McElwain clear the air today. Either in a statement before the teleconference or during it. The last thing he or the school or the struggling team needs is another day without specific details. Another day of wondering what exactly the truth is.

A growing opinion is that if McElwain lied about the death threats he should be fired immediately. The problem with that is the only person who knows whether those threats really happened is the coach himself. So it would be virtually impossible to know for sure if he lied. How can you prove he never received those threats?

But, clearly, he put the school in a difficult position. He left his bosses in the dark about details and painted the fan base — or at least one anonymous member of it — as vile, heinous and gravely dangerous. What an accusation to make.

If I were Florida AD Scott Stricklin, I’d make it clear to the coach that he opened this can of worms and that it is his responsibility to close it. I’d want specific details: How were the threats made? By phone? Email? A letter? A rock through the window? And when? And how many were there? What specifically did they say? Is there any hard evidence?

I would mandate that McElwain, if he wanted to keep his job, tell the truth. Then I would want him to explain why he didn’t come to me or the authorities before sharing it with the media. I would explain to McElwain that if he did embellish it, or make it up, that he needed to come clean and apologize for misleading people. I would support him; I’d stand at the podium with him. And then, based on the details and how he explained it, I’d decide what to do next.

If McElwain refused to either explain in detail the threats, how and when they came in, etc., or admit he lied or exaggerated, then I would fire him on the spot. I would mandate he do one or the other – explain in detail what happened or admit it wasn’t true.

This bizarre controversy couldn’t come at a worse time. The Gators are a two-touchdown underdog to Georgia, and many already expect Georgia to embarrass them Saturday in Jacksonville. This strange distraction can only hurt the cause.

McElwain, and only McElwain, can clear the air. He’s going to have a forum to do it Wednesday, whether he likes it or not. It’s time to tell the truth, in detail. If he’s not willing to do that, he should be fired immediately.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This is an important day for Jim McElwain’s future as Florida’s coach

http://gridironnow.com/jim-mcelwain-future-as-florida-coach/

It’s the moment of truth for Jim McElwain. Specifically, it’s the moment for truth. His job should hang in the balance.
Frank Frangie

McElwain is expected on the weekly SEC coaches’ teleconference Wednesday, along with the league’s other 13 coaches. And during his 10 minutes, he probably isn’t going to get a lot of questions about Tyrie Cleveland’s injured ankle.

Assuming McElwain or school officials do not address his claim from Monday that he and his family received death threats from angry fans before the teleconference, McElwain will be under the brightest figurative spotlight of his career. I have to believe most questions will be follow-ups to the comments he made Monday.

By now, you probably have heard or read his comments from the news conference that day. When explaining the way some have shown anger about the Gators’ struggles, he said “the hard part is, obviously, when it’s threats against your own players, death threats to your families, the ill will that’s brought upon out there.”

McElwain did not expound on the comments. Later, school administrators went to him, which prompted a statement from the university saying in part, “Our administration met with Coach McElwain this afternoon and he offered no additional details.”

The disconnect between the coach and school administration has become a major story. The end result has been speculation all around. Speculation that McElwain lied or at least embellished the story. Speculation that the administration was angered by his lack of detail, hence the final words of the release. And the most damaging speculation at all – that McElwain and his bosses are at odds. That usually results in termination of employment, one way or another, at some point.

Because of all of this, it is vital that McElwain clear the air today. Either in a statement before the teleconference or during it. The last thing he or the school or the struggling team needs is another day without specific details. Another day of wondering what exactly the truth is.

A growing opinion is that if McElwain lied about the death threats he should be fired immediately. The problem with that is the only person who knows whether those threats really happened is the coach himself. So it would be virtually impossible to know for sure if he lied. How can you prove he never received those threats?

But, clearly, he put the school in a difficult position. He left his bosses in the dark about details and painted the fan base — or at least one anonymous member of it — as vile, heinous and gravely dangerous. What an accusation to make.

If I were Florida AD Scott Stricklin, I’d make it clear to the coach that he opened this can of worms and that it is his responsibility to close it. I’d want specific details: How were the threats made? By phone? Email? A letter? A rock through the window? And when? And how many were there? What specifically did they say? Is there any hard evidence?

I would mandate that McElwain, if he wanted to keep his job, tell the truth. Then I would want him to explain why he didn’t come to me or the authorities before sharing it with the media. I would explain to McElwain that if he did embellish it, or make it up, that he needed to come clean and apologize for misleading people. I would support him; I’d stand at the podium with him. And then, based on the details and how he explained it, I’d decide what to do next.

If McElwain refused to either explain in detail the threats, how and when they came in, etc., or admit he lied or exaggerated, then I would fire him on the spot. I would mandate he do one or the other – explain in detail what happened or admit it wasn’t true.

This bizarre controversy couldn’t come at a worse time. The Gators are a two-touchdown underdog to Georgia, and many already expect Georgia to embarrass them Saturday in Jacksonville. This strange distraction can only hurt the cause.

McElwain, and only McElwain, can clear the air. He’s going to have a forum to do it Wednesday, whether he likes it or not. It’s time to tell the truth, in detail. If he’s not willing to do that, he should be fired immediately.
Too bad he wasn’t.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Well it is officially over now. If a shill like Frangie is basically saying fire him now, then it will just be a matter of time. Next on the train will be Hall of Fame shills like Tooley, Crucial, Brady Ackerman, et al. I won't hold my breath that his boy Elroy (Jetson's reference) will ever come around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.