Status
Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Grier's drug use ran Grier out of UF. Bad example for the team. Party drugs with the ATOs not a good example.
Let me hand the baton to someone else. It's too painful to argue with this guy. :crazy:

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Beating Kentucky, Vandy, and FAU by one possession and getting blown out in your final 3 games is not worthy of coach of the year in my opinion, that award doesn't mean shyt.
He lost to talent loaded FSU and national champ Bama and the bowl game. His OL had a flat tire versus FAU and flopped after that. He beat #3. He wasn't supposed to.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Just like Germany won the early WWII battles but lost the war. Just because Mac lost the war due to his laziness does not mean he did not get more out of the players he inherited and initially won more battles than Muschamp did during his last year.

Already refuted. Post-Grier, that 2015 team was just as anemic as 2014. The offense of 2016 and 2017 showed zero improvement, which strengthens the argument that one player was the only difference. Once removed, we were garbage. Not sure how anyone can watch LSU-Mich and not reach the exact same conclusion. I count 3 offensive TDs in 4 games(Vu, fsu, Ala, and Mich). One was a trick play and another was a virtual hail mary with 4 minutes to go. I don't care the circumstances, that's inexcusable, especially in the context of the rest of his time. He didn't get the best out of anyone.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Let me hand the baton to someone else. It's too painful to argue with this guy. :crazy:

latest

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Already refuted. Post-Grier, that 2015 team was just as anemic as 2014. The offense of 2016 and 2017 showed zero improvement, which strengthens the argument that one player was the only difference. Once removed, we were garbage. Not sure how anyone can watch LSU-Mich and not reach the exact same conclusion. I count 3 offensive TDs in 4 games(Vu, fsu, Ala, and Mich). One was a trick play and another was a virtual hail mary with 4 minutes to go. I don't care the circumstances, that's inexcusable, especially in the context of the rest of his time. He didn't get the best out of anyone.
Improved from 6-5 the prior year to 10-4. Hard to score with no OL and QB which we had nether of in the FAU game. Attrition kills lack of depth. . Somehow Mac beat UGA with Treon at QB.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
You mean the freaking guy that Butters didn't recruit, didn't want, and ran out of the program on a rail? Are you honestly using Will Grier to make your point about the great coaching of Jim McElwain?

You've lost it. Will Grier was Mac's ONLY hope at UF, and he went out of his way to humiliate him.
The topic was what happened in year one. Grier could not play the rest of year one whether Mac wanted him to or not. Losing your best QB hurts any team let alone the OL.

I hated Grier not coming back. I also heard that party drugs were an issue which is not a good example for your team and Grier likely needed to get away from the people he was partying with and clean his act up.

It was evident in game 11 versus FAU that attrition had decimated the UF OL. FAU dominated our patchwork OL.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Was the offense that great with Grier in it to begin with? Take away 3 quarters of football against the weak half of our schedule, it was still garbage. Best thing that happened to Grier's career was being busted for drugs in his system. It got him away from Mac, Nuss, and that offensive line.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Improved from 6-5 the prior year to 10-4. Hard to score with no OL and QB which we had nether of in the FAU game. Attrition kills lack of depth. . Somehow Mac beat UGA with Treon at QB.

As did WM.

Again, I'l repeat this one last time. The records disparity are because of the easier West opponent, Grier's ability, and one extra game that 2014 lost due to the monsoon. The only game that JM won after Grier that WM had not in 2014 was Usce, who mind you, had no head coach at the time. That's it. They're both horrendous frauds as head coaches, so you'll get no argument from me there. But if you take more than a cursory glance, the difference is not nearly as much as the records imply.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Let me cap it off. Mac sucked at EVERYTHING he did. We literally stumbled into winning the SEC east and had ZERO business being there. Grier was our best QB to come along in a decade but he was dumb and screwed us. Thank god he did. With him at QB its possible we win a game or two more and we might be facing Butters face for the next 3 years. I don't care how anyone spins it, Mac had ZERO business being a HC in the SEC. He sucks and will likely always suck. He did NOTHING to deserve any award. Worthless. Anything else is moot.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Again, I'l repeat this one last time.
I'm begging you to walk away, I like you too much to have to see you go through this torture. No matter what you post, he's going to have an answer. He has all the answers.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Was the offense that great with Grier in it to begin with? Take away 3 quarters of football against the weak half of our schedule, it was still garbage. Best thing that happened to Grier's career was being busted for drugs in his system. It got him away from Mac, Nuss, and that offensive line.

Insert Treon into the Uk, ut, Mizzou and OM games. Do you think we're 4-0? I say no.

But no, we weren't great even with Grier. I do, however, think he was the difference in at least 2 of those games, which was my point. No question on your last statement.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Insert Treon into the Uk, ut, Mizzou and OM games. Do you think we're 4-0? I say no.

But no, we weren't great even with Grier. I do, however, think he was the difference in at least 2 of those games, which was my point. No question on your last statement.

I would argue that we should still beat everyone of those teams. Those games outside of UT were won on defense. UT lost that game because the guy on the other sideline was worse than the guy on ours. Ole PIss committed 4 turnovers, and their pass defense was horrid. Grier had only two drives which were complete drives. Verse Mizzou which might be Grier's most impressive game, I think we would score more than 3 even with Harris. I don't think Mizzou does any better.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
As did WM.

Again, I'l repeat this one last time. The records disparity are because of the easier West opponent, Grier's ability, and one extra game that 2014 lost due to the monsoon. The only game that JM won after Grier that WM had not in 2014 was Usce, who mind you, had no head coach at the time. That's it. They're both horrendous frauds as head coaches, so you'll get no argument from me there. But if you take more than a cursory glance, the difference is not nearly as much as the records imply.
Mac got Grier running his new system quickly and they won. That is why Mac was voted the SEC coach of the year. It is about winning not statistics.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018

Agree that Grier was better. But the new system was installed quickly for Grier and got 10 wins before QB and OL attrition took over and the wheels fell off after FAU. Equal SEC coach of the year.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mac got Grier running his new system quickly and they won. .
Sorry, its been well documented that Grier was ignoring the stupidity on the sidelines and calling his own plays second half vs Tinerc and Mizzu. In fact, you donkey suckers claimed that was one of the reasons Butterteeth had to tell him to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator