PHOTOS: Florida to wear new Nike Vapor Untouchable uniforms in 2017

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
PHOTOS: Florida to wear new Nike Vapor Untouchable uniforms in 2017

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...ear-new-nike-vapor-untouchable-uniforms-2017/

The Gators are getting some new uniforms this fall as Florida has been one of the teams selected to wear Nike’s Vapor Untouchable uniforms for the 2017 season.

For Gator fans, the differences in appearance will be minor. Florida’s in-house writer Scott Carter notes that the Nike logo and Gator head logo have switched sides on the chest of the uniform. On the pants, the Gator head logo on the front-right thigh of the pants is larger than the one on the chest. The jersey’s collar also features a slightly altered SEC logo.

The main difference in the uniform is the performance enhancements, as explained by Nike:

The 100 percent stretch-woven uniform weighs only 20.4 ounces (nearly four ounces lighter than current Nike Football uniforms) and repels water to maintain its light weight in wet conditions. Moreover, the garment wraps across the body to the back, where every piece of the jersey converges. The uniform also replaces mesh with a laser-perforated, stretch-woven material in key sweat zones (the stomach, lower back and behind the knee) to help support thermo-regulation through optimal ventilation. Additional design enhancements include: a vented neck grille for improved breathability and durability, a back stretch gusset for a better fit and strategic design elements to reduce moisture marks on the stomach and back.

The team’s official Twitter account shared photos of the new uniforms in all three colors:

DGKVP3eWAAE8-g0.jpg

DGKVR2OXoAAty1l.jpg

DGKVR2TXoAEt7n3.jpg

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Orange tops and white bottoms have always been a favorite of mine.

43f69a0b885a27659927479f032cdedd--university-of-florida-the-florida.jpg

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
blue tops, white bottoms with orange stripes or blue tops with orange bottoms like in the 90s glory days... those were the days...

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I like blue jerseys with white pants at home. I like any color pants with our white road jerseys.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Not a fan of the all one color look, too high schoolish. Wearing the orange jerseys at all sucks, but limit it to once a year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Not a fan of the all one color look, too high schoolish. Wearing the orange jerseys at all sucks, but limit it to once a year.
To me, the orange jerseys only look decent with white pants.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I agree with gardnerwebb. The matching tops and bottoms is a decent changeup, but shouldn't be often. The orange tops should surface every few years, no more, imo.

I have grown to like the all white road uniforms, but also like the orange bottoms.

Home routine should be blue with white pants. And make the blue darker! I absolutely hate the consistent lightening of our shade since the early Meyer years. It's awful.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kids like the one color look because it makes them look thinner.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Thank you. I dont mind the orange jerseys, but the all orange combo needs to go imo. orange shirt and white pants would be better. Also on a side note, I think we should try to incorporate a new alternate helmet, I know a new white one came out two years ago and that one is alright but i think we can do better.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Saved 4 ozs. huh! :whew:

Maybe we should rethink our weight training program.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I like them all in any combination. But yeah, just win! All Orange isn't bad after an LSU win.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Thank God. I've been calling for a " back stretch gusset" for years. 'Bout time they finally came to their senses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator