Pineiro not only good at kicking footballs

williston_gator

Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
@GrahamHall_: Regarding whether or not #Gators kicker Eddy Pineiro plays vs. #LSU, sworn complaint filed Nov. 7 and he played Nov. 12 vs. Gamecocks.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...sdemeanor-for-allegedly-damaging-two-scooters

From the article:
"One reporter said there had been rumors about Pineiro on Florida message boards.

“Geez Louise. You guys spend too much time on that crap,” McElwain said. “I’m telling you. He kicked the heck out of it today. Made it rain a couple of times. Did good.”

Was Mac referring to the scooters? And I'm glad he did good.

Captain Sasquatch

Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
We've had our opening day starting QB start against LSU exactly zero times since 2010. ZERO! Even in '12, Brissett technically started the first game, and Driskel started against LSU (although we won that game so :whew:). Every year it's something different the week we play them. I'm so sick of this sh*t!

Edit: Just remembered Driskel played against LSU in '14. So it's happened once then. And even that week was when Treon had the sexual assault accusation against him.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
What in the h3ll was he thinking. I suppose he wasn't suspended because the incident happened after the game was suppose to be played. I can hear the tiggers complaining (after we win) that we were playing with an ineligible player.

Kyng

The Freak
Lifetime Member
"Ole Eddie made a choice, and yet he nailed that sucker through the uprights from 50 yards out, then I looked around and all the kids were shouting EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE, I grinned and said now this is pretty cool" - Coach Mac when asked about the incident.

NavetG8r

Stupid
Lifetime Member
"Ole Eddie made a choice, and yet he nailed that sucker through the uprights from 50 yards out, then I looked around and all the kids were shouting EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE, I grinned and said now this is pretty cool" - Coach Mac when asked about the incident.

I'm going to do you a favor. Being as I only just found out myself this weekend, it appears I have been mistakenly calling him Eddie too. His name is actually spelled Eddy. Weird, huh?

Captain Sasquatch

Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
I'm going to do you a favor. Being as I only just found out myself this weekend, it appears I have been mistakenly calling him Eddie too. His name is actually spelled Eddy. Weird, huh?
In a related story, we've all been calling this guy Law all these years, when it fact it's actually spelled Ass. Weird, huh?

Swamp Donkey

7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
What in the h3ll was he thinking. I suppose he wasn't suspended because the incident happened after the game was suppose to be played. I can hear the tiggers complaining (after we win) that we were playing with an ineligible player.
Ineligible? WTF are you talking about?

Did he sign with an agent or take extra benefits? I havent heard anything that might potentially make him ineligible.

Last edited:

SoberJohn

BANNED
We've had our opening day starting QB start against LSU exactly zero times since 2010. ZERO! Even in '12, Brissett technically started the first game, and Driskel started against LSU (although we won that game so :whew:). Every year it's something different the week we play them. I'm so sick of this sh*t!

Edit: Just remembered Driskel played against LSU in '14. So it's happened once then. And even that week was when Treon had the sexual assault accusation against him.
Don't tell me that you really think Del Rio is still UF's starter at QB. Del Rio isn't playing against LSU because he sucks, period. Disd anyone watching the Arkansas game see anything different from Del Rio? His passes in the fourth quarter were the same as in every game this year. He's a weak armed QB, period.
The "injury" is total B.S. McElwain is too much of a coward to come out and say he benched Del Rio because it will make folks wonder why he was ever excited about him in the first place.
So, no, let's not make the excuse that UF didn't have their starting QB play LSU. Don't you realize that McElwain would have been crucified if he trotted Del Rio out against South Carolina? Since Appleby looked better in that game, Del Rio's "injury" is season ending. You can bet on that. Del Rio is a scrub, and always has been. I doubt he'll ever start another game at Florida. But that's the smart move. I don't know if McElwain is that smart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.