Pitino Suspended - possibly fired by end of day

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Guy next to me on the plane reading the USA Today sports section- article entitled:
“Expect Pitino, a terrific coach, to land on his feet”.
Hopefully in an orange jumpsuit

Good thing he's got the best cushiony shoes to absorb the impact.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
My question is if they have an addidas Rep, who all could he implicate? Do they have Nike and UA too? If the FBI were serious, this could be a nationwide scandal across all major NCAA sports....
Also, how does Pitino go down and not Calipari?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
My question is if they have an addidas Rep, who all could he implicate? Do they have Nike and UA too? If the FBI were serious, this could be a nationwide scandal across all major NCAA sports....

I heard that one of the Adidas employees that was arrested had just come over from Nike. So they may well have information on what has been going on at Nike.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I heard that one of the Adidas employees that was arrested had just come over from Nike. So they may well have information on what has been going on at Nike.
could you imagine what they would find if they did any amount of digging into football recruiting? If this were a serious investigation with teeth, it would cause the death penalty to several if not most of the bball programs in the NCAA.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
could you imagine what they would find if they did any amount of digging into football recruiting?

If the FBI investigated football like this they would basically find NOTHING. In basketball these kids scrimmage and play games against each other all summer starting around age 14 or earlier. Thus you know with a much higher degree of certainty at 18 who will make the NBA and who is worth seeding with cash to get them later as a client or endorser. In football you have much less information about who will make the NFL, so it is not worth the shoe companies throwing around much seed money.

That does not mean that football boosters are not more willing to pay than basketball boosters, but that is different than shoe companies. Also in basketball the high degree of probability of who makes the NBA means only the top 10 or 20 players are worth seed money. So a program like UF can be good with top 30 to 100 players and not be involved with these problems. So I doubt this scandal runs really deep in college basketball, but I think ALL the self proclaimed blue bloods, UK, UL, IU, Duke, UNC, UCLA, Zona etc all have exposure here.

Durty's Toe

drunk AF
Sep 2, 2017
Let's just talk about the visual importance of the foot here. In BB no other gear is more noticed. That is why Adidas can't wait to shell out the big bucks to get a star in their sneakers. Serious money being tossed around to get athletes toes in their brands during March Madness when all eyes are on BB. If you're a shoe marketer, that's what it's all about. Football doesn't have the same foot-specific attention, nor the long tournament. Just my perspective.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

Give it some more time to play out. You never know, Calipari could be next.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just give it up Jay .... those jokes just go over his head.
giphy.gif

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Not football, but basketball. We'd all show Mike White the door for Pitino in a heartbeat, even you Sas. Don't embarrass yourself by denying it.

Hoping Striklin is watching this with great interest and will immediately offer Pitino a contract.
He might be able to get a weekend furlough for the Saturday games but how would he handle the midweek matchups?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator