Plan to Win...

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
TheDouglas78;n80858 said:
I was hoping we would last week.

I doubt very much that Pittman plays this week. Would also like to see Fulwood running a corner route out of the slot. I think he'd be a nice size mismatch and I love corner routes. We should be abusing teams playing 1 high against us.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n80886 said:
I doubt very much that Pittman plays this week. Would also like to see Fulwood running a corner route out of the slot. I think he'd be a nice size mismatch and I love corner routes. We should be abusing teams playing 1 high against us.

I agree. Put a guy with Fulwood's talents on a corner route working against a 3/4 corner or safety it should be a huge gain for us.

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
Worton needs to step up and take his spot. He can outplay Pittman no doubt in my mind.

Also.. Whatever happened to Alvin Bailey? I thought he was finally getting somewhere but he's been skipped by Worton and never challenged Pittman

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorFin;n80905 said:
Worton needs to step up and take his spot. He can outplay Pittman no doubt in my mind.

Also.. Whatever happened to Alvin Bailey? I thought he was finally getting somewhere but he's been skipped by Worton and never challenged Pittman

I've been wondering the same thing. :-/

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
TheDouglas78;80887 said:
Coach9;n80886 said:
I agree. Put a guy with Fulwood's talents on a corner route working against a 3/4 corner or safety with Treon throwing the ball and it should be a huge gain for us.
FIFY

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Powell needs to play more.....and more than Taylor. Powell catching the ball out of the backfield will be a big boost. The passes should be easier for JD, but I'm hoping that Treon "gets the hot hand" (or whatever it was that Roper said about one playing more than the other). I still can't believe this staff is going to stick w/ JD. Honestly, we can have this discussion about the offense all we want....as long as that one common denominator is there (JD), I expect the same results.

Also, just because UGA shut down Missouri I wouldn't expect our guys too...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n80851 said:
May get a heavy dose of Worton this week

A heavy dose of freshman? You haven't been paying attention.

How many times have we heard this guy is practicing well or that guy is going to get some reps, yet we never see them.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorFin;n80905 said:
Not a blue collar, strong, dumb upperclassman that reminds Chimp of himself.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
For the life of me I couldn't understand why we didn't bring in some extra linemen and go heavy with Joyer behind Driskel on 3rd and 1 last week. What's happened to him?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Cover great writeup as usual. You hit everything and are spot on. Some have posted and I agree, why in the world are we not seeing Fullwood, Robinson or such running those corner routes out of the slot. Just hoping for a better outing this week. My liver can't take many more like this.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n81121 said:
Cover great writeup as usual. You hit everything and are spot on. Some have posted and I agree, why in the world are we not seeing Fullwood, Robinson or such running those corner routes out of the slot. Just hoping for a better outing this week. My liver can't take many more like this.

More creativity would certainly be a plus. On Robinson's TD he was lined up in the slot. I think it was Burton split wide. Robinson ran an out and made a nice play for the score. It was a well executed and well designed play. We certainly need more of those.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n80660 said:
Just make the plays when they present themselves. Both of our losses this year could be traced back to specific plays that changed the flow of the game for the worse or straight up lost us the game. Whether it's making a great pass on 3rd down, or catching the ball when you're across the sticks on 3rd down, or catching the ball in the endzone, or being on the same page with the other 10 defenders on 3rd and long, or having better field awareness to turn a long gain into a touchdown, or not committing a crippling penalty on 3rd down. Clean up the execution and it's a whole new season.

^ This.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator