Players support Doug Nussmeier but numbers don't

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I can see where the players have a relationship and want to support their coach. But this is bigger than that. In the same context it is all about coaching, play calling, evaluation, recruiting, and talent. Out of all those the COACH is responsible 80% of that combination. While they may like Nussy, he is a HUGE part of this problem. I'll give them the point that a change at QB will help the situation but whoever the QB is or will be has to be coached and given a plan to win. So far....Nuss has not been proven to do so.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Almost none of those guys in the bottom of the group had any talent whatsoever, much less a significant number of bluechippers like we have.

Les Miles is about the only guy who does Les with more.

Exactly the point, their players are not ours, and their opponents are not ours either generally. That was the point not anything else.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
There was alot at the end of that article about trusting in the process, that if you do all the little things right, the big things will fall into place. The process, the process.....I've heard Saban say that so many times it isn't funny.That is Saban talk right there coming out of Applebees mouth. That can be a good thing or a very bad thing. Imitation is a great form of flattery, but replicating results that way can be very difficult.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Coaches shouldn't be kept on a staff because of emotion, they should be kept on a staff because they produce results.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There was alot at the end of that article about trusting in the process, that if you do all the little things right, the big things will fall into place. The process, the process.....I've heard Saban say that so many times it isn't funny.That is Saban talk right there coming out of Applebees mouth. That can be a good thing or a very bad thing. Imitation is a great form of flattery, but replicating results that way can be very difficult.
I would trust the process if I trusted the people developing the process but, I see a broken process that must be fixed with everyone who should be fixing it asleep at the wheel.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Jan 9, 2015
GAINESVILLE, Fla. — "Doug Nussmeier has no real plan for Florida’s offense. And that might be a good thing."

We were warned. :eek:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Young people/players is some form of the “Stockholm Syndrome”

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Young people/players is some form of the “Stockholm Syndrome”
I completely understand the bond between coach and player, but personnel decisions can't be made or not made based on how close the players and coaches are. It's great that they're close, but it's still a results based business.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I would trust the process if I trusted the people developing the process but, I see a broken process that must be fixed with everyone who should be fixing it asleep at the wheel.

Yeah, it has the feel of our government bureaucracy... those that break it, are in charge of fixing it and the solutions keep it broken so they fix it some more... :grin:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I completely understand the bond between coach and player, but personnel decisions can't be made or not made based on how close the players and coaches are. It's great that they're close, but it's still a results based business.

:thumbup:
Very true... as a manger it's difficult to make people decisions for the most effective business outcomes if we're all in love with each other or partying together. That's not to saying cordial and respectful at the job, but anything closer usually makes for tough managerial enforcement most times. My crummy attempt at humor was the longer more overpowering authority exists (or can significantly control your destiny), even if you may disagree, the more likely you succumb-tolerate-agree with said authority to stay "safe" or "have perceived needs" intact. True though, rather the kids be loyal to a fault than anarchy or mutiny. It always falls on the adults (Coaches) to set those boundaries or learning experiences that maximize the end result we see on the field... right now, the Coaches business model is not looking too sound or growing fast enough for most of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.