Points or experience? Perception vs. preparedness

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
OK I'l be the first to call it, 24-14. Driskel with 1 td, 2 ints, 5 sacks. Taylor and McGhee score. 4 TOs total.

Cramp carried off by the team for the first victory in nearly a year. Post game comments, "We overcame the adversity on the field."

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Margin of victory is a heinously overrated stat, but I hope we put Idaho's dicks in the dirt. But if it gets to the 4th quarter and the game is in hand, pull the starters immediately. No point in leaving them in when our depth is not the greatest.
Overrated by whom?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet said:
Turk182;n26416 said:
Maybe our 2's and 3's have talent = to Idaho's 1's but they have no experience playing as a unit. Reality says our 2's and 3's need many snaps to gain timing and team-work = lucky to win against Idaho unless we have a huge cushion to work with.
Best post on this thread so far.....remember players usually don't sub as a whole unit. Cohesively working together is a different animal regardless of talent level. This applies to practice as well as games.
It was a good post except the talent level of Idaho's 1's is on the same level as our walk-ons, not our 2's and 3's. And we shouldn't need luck to beat them with our 2's.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n26978 said:
OK I'l be the first to call it, 24-14. Driskel with 5 sacks, 1 td 2ints. Taylor and Mcghee score.

lol I think just by using this new hurry up system we should at least have 34 + points by default alone considering its Idaho.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think we should start mixing in some 2's if we get a 3 possession lead and pull all of the starters completely if it gets to a 4 possession lead. WM tends to sub pretty liberally with the front 7 regardless of the score to keep those guys playing full speed.

The good news is that Idaho is much worse than the other lower tier teams that we should have dominated, but ultimately struggled with or even lost to (Furman, Louisiana, Georgia Southern). We should get to a point in the game where we can start resting the starters. Hopefully it's by half-time and not the fourth quarter.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
To start off JD's Heisman Champagne, he needs about 450 yards passing in this game....

:exactly:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Law98gator;n26978 said:
OK I'l be the first to call it, 24-14. Driskel with 1 td, 2 ints, 5 sacks. Taylor and McGhee score. 4 TOs total.

Cramp carried off by the team for the first victory in nearly a year. Post game comments, "We overcame the adversity on the field."

I swear to god if that happens I'll start claiming that Roper is just "holding back the playbook" until we play the real teams...just like I did after the Miami of Ohio game back in 2010:suicide:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Bernardo de la Paz said:
I think we should start mixing in some 2's if we get a 3 possession lead and pull all of the starters completely if it gets to a 4 possession lead. WM tends to sub pretty liberally with the front 7 regardless of the score to keep those guys playing full speed.

The good news is that Idaho is much worse than the other lower tier teams that we should have dominated, but ultimately struggled with or even lost to (Furman, Louisiana, Georgia Southern). We should get to a point in the game where we can start resting the starters. Hopefully it's by half-time and not the fourth quarter.
I'm thinking I would do the same especially if Idaho is as bad as everyone says. It's not like the starters aren't getting the majority of the practice reps and if they need to iron some stuff out let them get the bulk of the reps in the second and 3rd games.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n26994 said:
lol I think just by using this new hurry up system we should at least have 34 + points by default alone considering its Idaho.

If you are failing to convert or turning the ball over, the hurry up doesn't make you score more, you just punt or turnover more often.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n27193 said:
If you are failing to convert or turning the ball over, the hurry up doesn't make you score more, you just punt or turnover more often.

That's the big drawback of a hurry up offense. You sure as hell better put some points on the board, because you're putting your defense in an awfully tough spot if you don't. But let's be honest, every style of offense has some kind of drawback, you just have to run what fits your players best.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The practice field be not the real deal. However, it would be nice to watch a game called that is designed to attack and feels like the kids have a purpose. The points will come from that. The D, hell we always expect you to slam the door shut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.