POLL: How far will the Gator basketball team go this season?

On Friday night, we start yet another fantastic Florida basketball season. We definitely face some a

• No NCAA tournament

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1st or 2nd round

• Sweet 16

• Elite 8

• Final Four

• Total voters

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
On Friday night, we start yet another fantastic Florida basketball season. We definitely face some adjustments with the loss of 4 super seniors, but with the best coach in college basketball and great talent, our season should be successful. Are we going to meet expectations or slip a little bit?

In the words of our Dear Leader, aka Kim Jong-Ox, discuss!

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How have you made it this far without including Ham Sammich as an option? Don't you know that's a requirement for ALL polls?

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n103040 said:
How have you made it this far without including Ham Sammich as an option? Don't you know that's a requirement for ALL polls?

Noobs.... :headshake:

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n103040 said:

Fking newbs.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Billy is a fantastic coach. But his style of BBall requires time for the guys to gel with each other. Don't expect a deep run this year. I'd love to see it, but not expecting it. If we make the dance at all, I'll say Billy did a damn good job with an almost completely brand new roster. It will help that Hill and Frazier have last year's experience behind them, but everyone else is new. That's a tall order to fill.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'd like to see us full strength. But like I've said before,we haven't had this much length in a long time. I think this team has a pretty high ceiling .

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Make the dance? Lol come on we will surely make the dance

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The pollsters think highly of us, but I agree with Nav that it will take some time to build chemistry and find out what kind of team we are. I would think we may be more of a fast paced squad with this roster, but that remains to be seen. I voted 1st or 2nd round, but we could go deeper. All depends on how these youngsters gel as a unit.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's also dumb trying to predict how far we go in the tourney before the season. I think he should have asked for maybe a win total or ranking. Because anyone can get hot in the tourney, look at uconn they didn't look like the best team in the country for the majority of last year but they got hot.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
We return 1 starter.

2nd round....possible Sweet 16.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Werner sucks!

Can't recruit bigs!

Gym rats!

NIT!

Sorry...just doing a little "warmup" for the game threads.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It boils down to leadership. We know we have the talent. Who's going to lead? If we are able to find two or three guys who can bring it night after night and especially during times of adversity, this team can go as far as it wants.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
we be shuffling........

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I picked Elite 8 because we seem to be able to make it that far recently and if Walker comes back along with Murphy being eligible eventually, with a little bit of chemistry after that point, we should be as talented as any team in the Country. Except maybe Kentucky but that's neither here nor there.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
This team will not be elite during the first half of the season. If they gel and play good team ball they could peak at the right time. It will really boil down to how well we gel. I'm curious to see how much Walker has developed. He is full of talent but he is very raw.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I think it is too early to tell if this team can be great. However, they have great coaching and that should get them at least to the sweet 16 in my book. If they get some breaks and players play up to their potenial, it could be a special year.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
BNAG8R;n103165 said:
Werner sucks!

Can't recruit bigs!

Gym rats!

NIT!

Sorry...just doing a little "warmup" for the game threads.

I laughed....I did. Billy has been on a great run of late with some of his best coaching. I don't expect that to stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator