POLL: Should southerngrilling be banned?

Should southerngrilling be banned?

• Yes

• No

• Don't care either way

Results are only viewable after voting.

GatorJ

Hopeful
You and Ox should spend some time in the gatorchatter portion of gatorchatter. People don't want him banned for his opinions they want him banned because he's an annoying troll in the box. 50% of the people who know who they hell he is want him gone. That's a lot of people who once they get annoyed enough maybe don't come around as much.

The only people that I see complaining are those that think Mac is doing a wonderful job. They don't like what he's saying. I haven't seen him hijack any threads. I've seen plenty of pumpers hijack his threads.

I'm on the fence regarding Mac but I'd say I don't agree with the majority of his posts.

Just like T-Rex. I don't agree with him either. But I've seen pumpers make personal attack after personal attack on him although it's explicit in forum rules to not do that.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
The only people that I see complaining are those that think Mac is doing a wonderful job. They don't like what he's saying. I haven't seen him hijack any threads. I've seen plenty of pumpers hijack his threads.

I'm on the fence regarding Mac but I'd say I don't agree with the majority of his posts.

Just like T-Rex. I don't agree with him either. But I've seen pumpers make personal attack after personal attack on him although it's explicit in forum rules to not do that.
It's not about being negative, its about being an ass, Do a poll on banning T-Rex and you won't get anywhere near as many votes to ban because he's not a douche, just a sad misguided individual. Law is negative but nobody is asking to ban him because he's not a troll. It's not that hard to tell the difference between a concerned negator and a troll, good mods can tell the difference ;)

Zambo

Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
I think it does say something when a guy with 50 posts has an entire thread about banning him.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
100 posts and 1,000 views in a few hours. Good show, boys. It's astounding how popular these threads always are.
you're welcome and gdmamit we ended up doing exaclty what a fckn troll would want................gave him boocoo attention. Sometimes I think I did just fall off the turnip truck.

GatorJ

Hopeful
It's not about being negative, its about being an ass, Do a poll on banning T-Rex and you won't get anywhere near as many votes to ban because he's not a douche, just a sad misguided individual. Law is negative but nobody is asking to ban him because he's not a troll. It's not that hard to tell the difference between a concerned negator and a troll, good mods can tell the difference ;)

We get it. Anybody with a different opinion from you should be banned.

Cool.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member

I had a similar impression. There was a recent thread (grillin may even have started it) criticizing MAC. Posters came after him instead of his argument.

Regarding his criticisms of MAC, while I don't like the name calling (Ol Hee Haw, Butter, etc.), I am also not impressed with the product we see on the field. And that's on MAC.

I vote no ban.

oxrageous

It's Good to be King
Administrator
I just did some research. Grillin' has made 19 posts in the last six months and started 1 thread. 19. Yes, 19.

GMDGator

Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
People want him banned because of his funny nicknames for Mac... Lots of people question coaching decisions, but the heat comes when he calls him butters or ole Hee haw... The people so butt hurt over this should lighten up... They are jokes for Gods sake. To me, I equate it with self deprication. We can laugh and joke about ourselves without being whiny pussies.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
People want him banned because of his funny nicknames for Mac... Lots of people question coaching decisions, but the heat comes when he calls him butters or ole Hee haw... The people so butt hurt over this should lighten up... They are jokes for Gods sake. To me, I equate it with self deprication. We can laugh and joke about ourselves without being whiny pussies.

No. Its because he is a troll, pure and simple.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
pumpers are exquisitely sensitive to any negativity about our team. I have not read anything from grilling or T rex that so appalled me, I felt offended.
I also enjoy laws takes. Too much team knob slobbing makes for a boring board.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
I think T-Rex is funny overall. ox should delete his grillin account though before this place burns to the ground

Jenny On The Railroad

I'm not for banning him, but I don't like the names, and I can understand the sentiment of those who want him banned for it.

I have questions about Mac, but feel it's way too early for mocking name calling. Last year was an improvement with the dumpster fire he was left.

I don't equate that type of mockery with good natured joking. He's not having a friendly back and forth with another poster, he's writing about someone, our coach, and it's disrespectful.

Nor is it self depreciation to mock another person. The key criteria "self" is lacking. Personally, I stop reading those kind of posts when they are repetitive. Turns me off to the rest of the message. I don't mind him having a negative opinion. It doesn't mean I have to keep reading it.

Last edited:

oxrageous

It's Good to be King
Administrator
When they all say the same thing.....that's a pretty good indicator though :lol:
While I love you all, I frankly think you guys are being utterly ridiculous. Here are the 19 posts - hide your children! :scared:

Three references to "Ole hee haw" and a couple of butter-teeth shots.

TheDouglas78

Lifetime Member
Screen-Shot-2016-09-03-at-71437-PM.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.