Poll: what would it take to get you back on the Butters Train?

How few losses would make you feel the power of Big Mac?

Votes: 13 26.5%

Votes: 26 53.1%

Votes: 3 6.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sandwich made of pork products

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
That's only a buck and a quarter per game which ain't gonna cut it for me. Need 2500 rushing and over 3000 passing IMO. No more baby steps with the offense, they need to grow a sack or get the f vck out....

OK. I'll compromise with you. 2000 yards.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Not about the number of losses for me next year. It whether or not the games are close and do we look like a competent team on offense. If we keep getting our doors blown off no. If we loose games late due to experience and depth late then so. E it as long as we are improving. I also expect them to be better late in the year than in the first few weeks. The mid season regression has to stop. Top 50 O

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Completely off your rockers nuts.
You know your my favorite monkey.

Im not following you though. Im really not. Im not even clear if you mean me or others innthe thread. Tell me who and why.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
0-16 in 3rd down conversions against a mediocre SWAC team is not my idea of a "fun" offense. Fair catching/muffing punts inside the 8 yard line repeatedly does not inspire confidence in the coaching staff.

We all know where this is going.

Last edited:

DocZaius

Founding Member
Return to Monke
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
You know your my favorite monkey.

Im not following you though. Im really not. Im not even clear if you mean me or others innthe thread. Tell me who and why.

LOL, I mean most of the posters in the thread. I mean, I see comments saying that even Muschamp was a better coach than McElwain and that's just crazy nuts.

But bigger picture, I don't understand the extreme pessimism. No, we haven't had a great offense under McElwain. But that's been true since 2010 and it was exacerbated by Muschamp's mind-boggling offensive ineptitude, both on the field and on the recruiting trail.

McElwain's only had two years to turn it around. He's gone to the SECCG twice; he's 19-8 (13-3 in-conference not including the two championship games) as UF's head coach after a disastrous four years under Muschamp. Yes, the SEC East ain't what it used to be, but give the guy a little credit knowing what he had to work with. And yes, there's been some insane cock-ups - games we should not have lost (Tennessee and Arkansas last year come to mind), but you had those kind of head-scratching losses under Meyer and Spurrier, too.

For the record, I DO believe that with 3 classes under his belt this year he needs to do better. We should have a little more depth on the offensive line and we have a couple of QBs who should be ready to at least appear competent even if they're not superstars. I think this year is his chance to really show that he can compete on an elite national level, and to do that he's going to have to show us something special against the better teams we will face - starting on Day 1 with Michigan and continuing throughout the season against our rivals - Tennessee, Georgia, F$U. Hell, I'd even accept another four- or even a five-loss season if those losses were close and against our toughest opponents.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Still and regrettably our poor QBs have no real competitive field experience. Yet, I am hoping for a Reaves-Alverez type of breakout that jolts the CFB nation.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I never got on the train, I couldn't get past his record as a HC. I think it's a complete joke that he was even interviewed at UF. I think he's a loser that has never won anything as a HC. He's done nothing but made our offense worse than when WM was the coach. He suck at recruiting, he can't win against ranked teams, his offense is the worse in our state. He's got a 61% win percentage as a HC which is just above average.

I'll get on board when he shows he can be a complete coach. Win on the field, make adjustments, win on the recruiting trail and not with numbers but with top talent, win games against elite teams, score points it's your knowledge and you're terrible at it. As of right now he's not doing any of those things.

If I have to go based on the poll I'd say lose less than 3 games but be competitive in every game and I'm not talking about scoring late to make a game look closer than it is, I'm talking be in the game the whole time. I'd also put in there that he should have a top 7 class by the end of the season and not outside the top 15 and have to make up ground like every season.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I hope we improve greatly this year. I hope the young LBs can play well. I hope a QB finally steps up and gives us the production and leadership that has been missing for way too long. I hope we win the east for the 3rd year in a row with a better chance to beat bama. I hope Mac proves many in here wrong and if he is the wrong guy for the job we get the right guy.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I hope we improve greatly this year. I hope the young LBs can play well. I hope a QB finally steps up and gives us the production and leadership that has been missing for way too long. I hope we win the east for the 3rd year in a row with a better chance to beat bama. I hope Mac proves many in here wrong and if he is the wrong guy for the job we get the right guy.

Pretty much sums it up for me too. I hope Mac can get this done.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
No losses to crap teams, beat ranked teams including ones we weren't expected to beat, a competent offense that's exciting to watch and that gets better as the season progresses (yeah, i know... what would that be like?) and finishing the season on a high note instead of taking it up the rear. Beating halfassu is nonnegotiable; it must happen. If he cant beat our biggest rival he can GTFO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator