Positives for Mac?

Sep 23, 2017
Im positive he is gone fairly soon. Those of younthat are convinced he gets another year bc Muschump did, I dont see it. The program is flailing terribly and literally is doing nothing right.

Butters never has had much support within the Bull Gators, unlike Chimp, and everyone was wearing of Chimp's losing and have little patience with Butters "Golly gee, maybe we will get there eventually" style.

In year three, he is what he is, a guy who gets blown out by good teams and struggles with even the cupcakes. This wont change. It is who he is.
What I don't understand is why we seem to think we need to hit a home run with a big name hire right away. If we can't afford it right now, I am convinced that there are quite a few promising young assistants in good systems that would be much better to have for a year or two for 500k/yr salary while we pay off butters' buyout until we can afford to land an elite guy..And who knows, you might get lucky, look at what happened at clemson with Dabo. You don't need to go more and more in debt with each hire..just for god's sake, just get rid of butters and nuss ASAP!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im not totally opposed to that.

Id be interested in seeing Jujuan Seider as the interim.

Im just ready to see Butters gone asap. But I know it will probably after the next FSU blowout at best.

Butters is the worst coach we have had since the 80s. Zook was sporadic, could score but prone to incredible gaffes on both O and D, was our best recruiter of the coaches who never won a championship. Chimp could at least recruit and make a good defense.

Butters does nothing well. Keeping him would be insane. He cant recruit. Plays terrible ultra conservative offense and defense. His problems arent fixable. He will always be what he is.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2017
40 pt. loss to georgia to cap a 3 game losing streak and being eliminated from any "we can still win the east" talk just might do it! Can't believe we're at this point again already as a program. At least fooley won't be picking the next one.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Nuss won't be back next year. Now if we tank it the rest of the season then Mac won't be back either...

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Mizzou is going to win an SEC game, they nearly won at UK tonight. Guess who they beat on November 4......

Would a 4-7 finish get Mac out of here? No. We are stuck with this **** show for at least 18 more games.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Positives for Mac? Easy he's getting paid a lot of money! Positives for UF? We play in the east. That's all I got for you

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Posted this in the chat, but figured Id post it here too.

Serious question here. What positives does coach mac have? The defense is worse, yet still our strength. The offense is still awful, yet he was supposedly brought in here to fix it. The recruiting was subpar for Uf standards. The strength and conditioning program obviously hasnt worked, see this game and michigan game for reference and fsu/bama games last two yeas. Special teams is terrible outside of eddy and townsend.

GTFO

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I like the fact that a few playmakers have been identified for the next coaching staff.

Like I said in another thread, I think a good coach could have a solid season with this roster. They may not be Nat'l Championship worthy, but they wouldn't be this awful.

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
It is tough to give a fair answer. I guess I can see by the eye test he has recruited far superior offensive players than Muschamp ever did.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Posted this in the chat, but figured Id post it here too.

Serious question here. What positives does coach mac have? The defense is worse, yet still our strength. The offense is still awful, yet he was supposedly brought in here to fix it. The recruiting was subpar for Uf standards. The strength and conditioning program obviously hasnt worked, see this game and michigan game for reference and fsu/bama games last two yeas. Special teams is terrible outside of eddy and townsend.

The only thing not awful the past few games is our rushing game against mediocre defenses. The defense surely isn't a strength.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
He’s pushed for facility upgrades and is a solid guy (off the field). That’s it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I guess I can see by the eye test he has recruited far superior offensive players than Muschamp ever did.
Uhhhhh....no. Chimp has more in the NFL than Butters will.

Acecustis

Sep 25, 2017
Uhhhhh....no. Chimp has more in the NFL than Butters will.

We can revisit in time. I disagree though. Tez, Wanny, Heggie, Cleveland, and Davis will be NFL draft picks. Callaway and Scarlett are 2nd rounders but who knows now. Perine and McCoy are fringe. That's just off the top of my head.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We can revisit in time. I disagree though. Tez, Wanny, Heggie, Cleveland, and Davis will be NFL draft picks. Callaway and Scarlett are 2nd rounders but who knows now. Perine and McCoy are fringe. That's just off the top of my head.

I doubt Scarlett would have went nearly that high with no good cutting ability and his crappy blocking. Now that they are in trouble Callaway will be well down the draft round list I would think and Scarlett may have to try to make a team as an undrafted free agent.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think Nuss won't be back next year. Now if we tank it the rest of the season then Mac won't be back either...

Did you just OWN and DESTROY all of the posts you've been making for the last year?

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Positives? Well, let's see:
1: At least we didn't hire Sir Charles "Weight"
2: He saved the administration millions by coming in cheap.
3: Saves me time 'cause I never watch his pressers.
4: We get to say that we have a HBC from the "Saban Tree".
5: Has yet to fake a heart attack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator