Presser - Mac is embarrassed and pissed

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n277669 said:
Did he take any responsibility? He coached like sh*t in case he needed someone to point it out to him.
I needed someone to point that out to me.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;277669 said:
Did he take any responsibility? He coached like sh*t in case he needed someone to point it out to him.

Yeah. That 2 QB shît has to stop. It killed our rhythm all night.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Get mad Coach..... We love a coach who breaks chalk boards....

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Is the presser online somewhere or just tweets about it?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n277684 said:

I didn't see it that way. Penalties, turnovers, dropped balls and missed kicks were our problem tonight on offense.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n277676]
I needed someone to point that out to me. [/QUOTE]
QB carousal, QB not warming up before being sent in, cold 5th string walkon RB sent in to try to fumble game away, Muschamp like sphincter tightened 3 Taylor runs in a row on last drive, punting on 4th and a foot then going with Harris on next possession in first half. Not the worst coached game I've seen, but not good.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n277694 said:
QB carousal, QB not warming up before being sent in, cold 5th string walkon RB sent in to try to fumble game away, Muschamp like sphincter tightened 3 Taylor runs in a row on last drive, punting on 4th and a foot then going with Harris on next possession in first half. Not the worst coached game I've seen, but not good.

We shoulda hired you.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n277684 said:

That was my initial feeling, but I think it goes deeper. ECU committed to stopping the run while confusing us with blitzes. That put the game in the hands of our quarterbacks, who didn't make the throws when they needed, Harris late on an apparent TD and Grier woefully behind and short of the intended receiver.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;277697]

That was my initial feeling, but I think it goes deeper. ECU committed to stopping the run while confusing us with blitzes. That put the game in the hands of our quarterbacks, who didn't make the throws when they needed, Harris late on an apparent TD and Grier woefully behind and short of the intended receiver.[/QUOTE]

My point on it was that Grier was moving the offense well and we stalled when he was pulled in the 2nd qtr. I think that threw off the whole game.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The Chump fostered an environment of sloppiness. That isn't going to change after one game. Something tells me those guys are in for a real butt kicking come practice next week.

:worried:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
MJMGator;n277695 said:
We shoulda hired you.
That would be a huge mistake but I'd love the signing bonus.

Nothing Mac said was wrong, but it's a flaw not to see that his own performance needs to be evaluated and improved as well. I'm still on the Mac train, no doubt. But him losing it to the point of looking like he was going to kill Taylor on the sideline on camera, and calling out everyone but his own performance is a bit concerning.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n277709 said:
That would be a huge mistake but I'd love the signing bonus.

Nothing Mac said was wrong, but it's a flaw not to see that his own performance needs to be evaluated and improved as well. I'm still on the Mac train, no doubt. But him losing it to the point of looking like he was going to kill Taylor on the sideline on camera, and calling out everyone but his own performance is a bit concerning.

I didn't care for the sideline tirade, but I'm able to realize that's because of the last guy. If we hadn't endured that for the last four years I probably would've applauded it.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just watched the presser on gatorzone. Mac is more pissed than any of us are. Hopefully the players feel the same way and come back focused and ready to work.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He's right to be upset. But he also has to look at how he handed the QB situation, and recognize its impact on the rest of the game. And he is, based on that PC. You can read into it what you choose, but that frustration is partly a perfectionist and competitor that is upset with himself.

As as for the entitlement issues, that will just take time. See Dee Webb 2005.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The sideline tirade was no spur of the moment thing. Mac did that performance for a reason.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
[QUOTE='78;n277697]

That was my initial feeling, but I think it goes deeper. ECU committed to stopping the run while confusing us with blitzes. That put the game in the hands of our quarterbacks, who didn't make the throws when they needed, Harris late on an apparent TD and Grier woefully behind and short of the intended receiver.[/QUOTE]

What are we expecting though? We're not walking into any Grossman'01 scenarios. I think it'd be good for all of us to re watch Danny's '93 and '94 games. We're going to have to take our lumps somewhere at some time. Might as well make it now so we can start planning for the future.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n277724 said:
What are we expecting though? We're not walking into any Grossman'01 scenarios. I think it'd be good for all of us to re watch Danny's '93 and '94 games. We're going to have to take our lumps somewhere at some time. Might as well make it now so we can start planning for the future.

Do you think our fans will tolerate losing a few extra games this year while we're planning for the future? I certainly don't, after I see all of you second guessing the man in week 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator