Pulling Freshman QBs Redshirt Bad Decision

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
One thing that I feel is being overlooked is that the 1st game of the season next year is against Michigan in Arlington TX. Appleby will be gone. The only QB with any game experience will be LDR unless they pull the redshirt off Trask or Franks. Based on the performance of LDR it doesn't appear he will be the QB of the future for UF. Why not pull the redshirt off one of the freshmen QB's now in preparation for next season plus see what they are capable of doing against SEC opponents instead of throwing him up against an excellent Michigan team next year. There will be no warm up game next year as in years past.

Michigan just lost to a team that lost to North Dakota State. Maybe Harbaugh isn't a genius after all.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Michigan just lost to a team that lost to North Dakota State. Maybe Harbaugh isn't a genius after all.
More likely he lost to a fired up team, on the road, who was likely playing to save their coaches job, it happens.....I will say though that Michigan's offense is much like ours in the fact that they severely lack talented play makers and are limited by an average QB.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
More likely he lost to a fired up team, on the road, who was likely playing to save their coaches job, it happens.....I will say though that Michigan's offense is much like ours in the fact that they severely lack talented play makers and are limited by an average QB.
I take it you still believe Michigan is going to blow out OSU, making Meyer want to quit. Hell, Michigan will be lucky to keep it within 40 points.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I listened to Zach (aka crucial ) on am 850 on Monday and he said Trask is clearly better than Franks right now but if one plays the other will transfer and with Franks upside he would probably get the nod.
Crucial is an idiot if you werent aware already. Perbaps Id take his opinion concerning rap music but he has next to no actual understanding football. His MO has always been the same, pimp the third string QB.

I don't know I don't know how we end up with such idiots covering Gator football. But Crucial fits in well with Dooley and Andrieu.

There is zero concern over Trash going anywhere. He had no scholarship offers ANYWHERE and no way will that improve with bench time. He was signed to be the emergency QB/clipboard holder. That he will be.

Last edited:

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Crucial is an idiot if you werent aware already. Perbaps Id take his opinion concerning rap music but he has next to no actual understanding football. His MO has always been the same, pimp the third string QB.

I don't know I don't know how we end up with such idiots covering Gator football. But Crucial fits in well with Dooley and Andrieu.

There is zero concern over Trash going anywhere. He had zero scholarship offers and no way will that improve with bench time. He was signed to be the emergency QB/clipboard holder. That he will be.
I think you need to go back and read the getting to know LDR thread there wasn't a bigger Del rio nutswinger than you I especially liked your " he walked on at Alabama because his daddy is rich " comment LMAO. The facts are he sucked in high school he sucked at bama and sucked at oregon st. and you couldn't see it until everyone saw.

Why should we trust your evaluation of Trask? I think you're the most football smart person on the board which leads me to believe you have never truly evaluated his talents, his backup role just rankeld you and you won't let it go. We are desperate at QB next year it's clear that Allen our commit sucks as bad as LDR did in high school we need lighting in a bottle and many see Trask as our lucky break to get us out of this QB nightmare we are stuck in.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I think you need to go back and read the getting to know LDR thread there wasn't a bigger Del rio nutswinger than you I especially liked your " he walked on at Alabama because his daddy is rich " comment LMAO. The facts are he sucked in high school he sucked at bama and sucked at oregon st. and you couldn't see it until everyone saw.

Why should we trust your evaluation of Trask? I think you're the most football smart person on the board which leads me to believe you have never truly evaluated his talents, his backup role just rankeld you and you won't let it go. We are desperate at QB next year it's clear that Allen our commit sucks as bad as LDR did in high school we need lighting in a bottle and many see Trask as our lucky break to get us out of this QB nightmare we are stuck in.

Trask hit his girlfriend...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I agree Allen looks as bad as Trash right now. I'd really like to see us chase someone else but this staff doesn't have it in them I suspect.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There is zero concern over Trash going anywhere. He had zero scholarship offers and no way will that improve with bench time. He was signed to be the emergency QB/clipboard holder.

Colds-law throwing Trask under the bench = intentionally grounding ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.