Pumpers vs Dumpers! Part Deux

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Just like old times! I pump more than dump, it just takes too much energy to be angry all the time.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I really, really hate this hire but my opinion means nothing... I will hope for the best and wait for the sure fire meltdown when we win 7/8 games a year from now on.

Stricklin had a chance to put UF back on the map and he spit the Bit! Mullen is a fall back hire if there ever was one.

In my opinion, Stricklin just proven he's unfit for the job.

Go Gators!

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
OP Revision: Optimist vs Pessimist is a more accurate description of the factions.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Are the pumpers and dumpers going to follow the same party lines of old? I am officially a "Mullens" Pumper. I have a feeling that all the old Pumpers will coalesce. Long live the Pumpers, down with the Dumpers. SEC SEC SEC
At least you pumpers are consistent....consistently wrong.

TheAlumni

Oct 29, 2017
I would have pumped Kelly or Frost.

Mullen is a proven loser. And apparently he was satisfied to stay a loser because he stayed at MSU for 9 years...as a loser. never won a thing. He's coming here to steal money like mac because our admin sucks.

Factually this is incorrect, he was the OC for TWO national titles while at UF........he made Chris Leak into a more serviceable QB and developed Tim Tebow, he also had good QBs at MSU......

He survived in the SEC West for 9 years having to play LSU, Auburn, and Alabama every year, not to mention Texas A&M and Ole Miss when they were cheating like crazy........how many coaches do that ??

The list of how many coaches who have survived that is very short, he may not be a championship level coach but he's certainly not the loser you portray him to be....

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Are the pumpers and dumpers going to follow the same party lines of old? I am officially a "Mullens" Pumper. I have a feeling that all the old Pumpers will coalesce. Long live the Pumpers, down with the Dumpers. SEC SEC SEC

If you were a pumper the last two hires, perhaps you might want to be more circumspect this time around since this is another divisive hire. I was neutral on the McElwain hire. I am pessimistic about this hire if it takes place.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
Factually this is incorrect, he was the OC for TWO national titles while at UF........he made Chris Leak into a more serviceable QB and developed Tim Tebow, he also had good QBs at MSU......

He survived in the SEC West for 9 years having to play LSU, Auburn, and Alabama every year, not to mention Texas A&M and Ole Miss when they were cheating like crazy........how many coaches do that ??

The list of how many coaches who have survived that is very short, he may not be a championship level coach but he's certainly not the loser you portray him to be....
I agree with the last part here. Mullen isn't a huge loser. I expect him to at least have us running a better offense than Mcelwain or Muschamp. It's just boring. We will be really good at 5 plays. That's it. It's not dynamic or fun to watch.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I really, really hate this hire but my opinion means nothing... I will hope for the best and wait for the sure fire meltdown when we win 7/8 games a year from now on.

Stricklin had a chance to put UF back on the map and he spit the Bit! Mullen is a fall back hire if there ever was one.

In my opinion, Stricklin just proven he's unfit for the job.

Go Gators!
You know it's a bad hire when deuce isn't on board.

I feel your pain, deuce. Love ya!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Survived? It's Mississippi Freaking State. What were they going to do, fire him? He's the epitome of mediocre. There's a reason he stayed in Starkeville for 9 years and it wasn't because he had hopes of making MSU a National Title Contender.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I was not totally all about Mullen but I will support him for the time being. I know one other guy that is probably happy......

Kadarius+Toney+xjUnT2Qr5M6m.jpg

TheAlumni

Oct 29, 2017
I agree with the last part here. Mullen isn't a huge loser. I expect him to at least have us running a better offense than Mcelwain or Muschamp. It's just boring. We will be really good at 5 plays. That's it. It's not dynamic or fun to watch.

Were Urban Meyer's offenses dynamic or exciting at UF...?? While Meyer/Mullen were there, the UF offense led the SEC in just about every offensive category........the battle is over getting a few more Percy Harvins and Tim Tebows than we have now....

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

And Mac won two at Bama. Who cares? Means nothing. He parlayed that into nothing.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Were Urban Meyer's offenses dynamic or exciting at UF...?? While Meyer/Mullen were there, the UF offense led the SEC in just about every offensive category........the battle is over getting a few more Percy Harvins and Tim Tebows than we have now....

Yep, but Urban isnt here anymore.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I have a plan. And it's not a five year plan. It's so easy, my dog Hank could do it.

Gage the hire:

1) His OC, DC, S&C and Special Teams coaching hires
2) Top 10 recruiting class as a minimum. That means he's held on to the existing class. We probably lose Matty though. Maybe we get Fields?
3) Addressing NEEDS in the recruiting class.

I'll judge based on those three things. I'm done waiting and hoping. My gut tells me I'll be tuning out for a few years after February 7th.

I hope I'm wrong.

Go Gators.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I’m disappointed in the hire. But I understand that most top tier coaches have zero interest in coaching here. Hell it took 7m to get the guy nobody wants to come. Apparently Kelly went to UCLA for just over half.

But.....We will continue to attend most games in person, at the very least watch every game, buy way too much gator sh*t, cheer the coaches and players fully, love all things UF. That is what defines my family as pumpers. Not whether we agree with the hire.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Hello my name is NCOGator and I am a sunshine pumper. Although I pump more than my fair share of sunshine, I am quick to drop my support when I see it’s time. I’m not overly thrilled with the Mullen hire, but I think he can do better than the other two. I will give him his due time and support he needs, but as soon as I see that he is over his head I will drop him like a bad habit. I think he deserves to be given a chance, but with the last couple horrible hires he’s on a short leash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator